MUSE Part 3...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GRRR.. this is frustrating.. i am gonna wait for either the 930 club presale tomorrow or for the general sale I guess.

I have to do some work here before I getz in troublez... :reject:

:madwife: Now I'm going to be trying to figure a way to convince Kelly that 2 tickets to Muse is what I MUST.HAVE. for our 18th anniversary on the 22nd of February.

Why, o whyyyy, didn't I take that witchcraft workshop when I had the opportunity??? These things would be soo much easier if I could just brew up a potion & make them happen. :|

:giggle:

4 GA tix for SLC acquired. The site kicked me out once and said the show was sold out after 1 minute of being available, but a refresh allowed me to purchase tickets again, and I just got my confirmation email.

:cool:

The site looks like it is on auto refresh. maybe they shows are becoming available if credit cards are rejected? Yeah, it looks like the presales are for GAs only.

This is the weirdest presale. It looks like seats are available but you can't select them, they just show up. If you want them, great. If not, you release them and hope you can get back in and get a GA. At least that's the impression I'm getting from the Muse.mu forum ::shrug::

After thinking I was shut out, I got in for 2 seat tix for NY at about 10:45AM. All the $65 tix seemed to be for GA. If you picked $50 tix, those were seats - looks like they are the four Loge (1st level) sections at the back of the arena.

Oy, this is making the Vertigo presale look good. :doh: I totally forgot about my test run, but did see tix available for SLC. I can only imagine the carnage that will the LA presale. :panic:

My guess is they didn't release very many tix in the pre-sale and yes, they need to go to individual codes.

I hope everyone can get the tix they want in the general sale! :hug:

:reject: Shit. I'm sorry guys I should've told you how the presale worked before.

The tickets are released in batches, when the first batch sells out the next goes on sale. You just had to refresh and it'd work.

I'm surprised they're going so quickly in the US though, here it was a piece of cake to get through the fan presale! Maybe due to scalpers?

Beggars can't be choosers, I'm honestly a bit surprised anyone is complaining. it was open to literally EVERYONE, so there should be no surprise it sold out so quickly. Bands don't owe their fans pre-sales, it's not even a "normal" thing to do in the industry, so the fact that there even was one should be met with good words at the least.

The people who buy when the general sale starts will likely get far better tickets than the pre-sale had available anyways. :shrug:

^ this was the same set up last tour for presales and tickets were not sold out within minutes like this time. My complaint is that Muse should of had some foresight (due to their big surge in popularity over here now with the new album and exposure opening for U2, they underestimated themselves I think because of the big lag in their popularity here in the US as compared to Europe) and set up their presales differently this time with codes and paid membership subscriptions to weed out some people.

What do u mean its not the normal thing to do in the industry? Every band I know has presales for their shows.. :huh:

Depending on what type of tickets people are looking for, GA or seats the presales are good for the GAs for the fans that want to be up front (which is the majority) so seats yes, it's not a great deal and you are better off in the general sale if that's what you want.

Beggars can't be choosers, I'm honestly a bit surprised anyone is complaining. it was open to literally EVERYONE, so there should be no surprise it sold out so quickly. Bands don't owe their fans pre-sales, it's not even a "normal" thing to do in the industry, so the fact that there even was one should be met with good words at the least.

It's a shit presale to begin with. I've never heard of groups of tickets being sold in waves like that. I just don't see how it is effective. Some people got tickets simply by sitting at their computer for a long amount of time hitting refresh. I don't have time for that.

Despite it being open to everyone, I really doubt it would've been as ridiculous if it were handled through ticketmaster. I clicked on the "BUY TICKETS" link as soon as the clock struck 10:00, sat while page loaded for a minute, did a captcha thing, was told to click on the home link again, and then they were all sold out. This was exactly at 10:02. This is MUSE, not another The Police reunion tour.

My complaint is that the presale method sucks.

It's a shit presale to begin with. I've never heard of groups of tickets being sold in waves like that. I just don't see how it is effective. Some people got tickets simply by sitting at their computer for a long amount of time hitting refresh. I don't have time for that.

Despite it being open to everyone, I really doubt it would've been as ridiculous if it were handled through ticketmaster. I clicked on the "BUY TICKETS" link as soon as the clock struck 10:00, sat while page loaded for a minute, did a captcha thing, was told to click on the home link again, and then they were all sold out. This was exactly at 10:02. This is MUSE, not another The Police reunion tour.

My complaint is that the presale method sucks.

this is exactly what happened to me and yes I too don't have time for refreshing all day which I tried to do yesterday and failed with the Va show which only repopped up once more for me and that was it and then did exactly what happened the first time like yourself.

it was a shit system all right..:angry:

Every band I know has presales for their shows.. :huh:

Depending on what type of tickets people are looking for, GA or seats the presales are good for the GAs for the fans that want to be up front (which is the majority) so seats yes, it's not a great deal and you are better off in the general sale if that's what you want.

I know that every band I've seen over the last five years has had some type of presale, and in many instances several (fan club, Citi, Amex, Venue, etc.)

I just found this presale a little odd because you couldn't select the type of ticket you wanted (floor, lodge, balcony, etc). That was just weird to me.

Back
Top Bottom