Much like "Beatle Bob" at Festivals, diamondbruno8 will become "that guy" at U2 shows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Bama

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Everytime I have gone to Birmingham's City Stages, Atlanta's Music Midtown, or any other multi-act, multi-stage weekend music festival, I have seen the legendary Beatle Bob, a St. Louis area DJ who travels around to festivals and shows with all-access credentials and dances in the front row and often makes his way onstage to dance with and around the bands performing. He dresses in weird colored-suits, had a 60s-70s beatlehaircut (not to be confused with a sexydiamondhaircut), and wears black wayfarers. He is pictured below:

208.jpg

Among our own ranks here as members of the web-based community known as www.interference.com we have a legend-in-the-making who calls himself diamondbruno8, db9, or, most recently, "diamond the U2 parrot." We are all familiar with the fame he achieved at BOS#4 (as he refers to the venue/show) in June of 2001, making his way to the stage to spur a king in Bono's tradition of pulling a beautiful female onstage to dance for a song or 2. Yes, "diamond" became the first male to go onstage and dance with Bono, but not just "the first male," no less than a male of whom Bono said "The big guy is made of STEEL" after being lifted in the air and swung around as Bono himself had done to petite females in the past. Diamond, with a physique not unlike that of cartoon ladies' man Johnny Bravo (dancing below), changed the concept of the U2 concert experience forever.

jd1.gif

Who knows what holds for future shows attended by diamondbruno8? He plans to attend Monday's taping of David Letterman's "The Late Show," which will feature 1 of not 2 U2 performances. I have attended a Letterman taping, and I can tell you that it is a very strictly-controlled affair. I am not sure of the ramifications of a Johnny Bravo-type figure rushing the stage to dance with Bono, especially in the current high security envirnoment of New York City. Those of you who attend the upcoming shows in Providence and Las Vegas may also get to witness some of the "diamondroutines," although he claims to be more low key at these shows.

But my guess is that Bono is now familiar with the man of "STEEL," and may indeed invite him onstage as a show of gender diversity. Much as music festivals and bands welcome the guest of Beatle Bob, diamondbruno8 will become a fixture of U2 shows. He has attended every tour since U2-3 or something like that, and I suppose he will attend the rest.

Dave_BONO_02.jpg

It has recently come to my knowledge that diamondbruno8 has perhaps already left for the Northeatern states. I hope he has the opportunity to visit one of those "web cafe" things they have up there to read this and to give us updates.

~U2Alabama

i'm supposed to be in the city the day of the letterman taping...and just the off-chance that i could run into this "freak of nature" scares the bejeeses out of me. now, here is a man who should be confined to the deserts of Arizona.

Moreover, he stole my nick name for Johnny Swallow.
Ive been calling him Johnny Bravo for ages, however my Johnny Bravo is way cooler. Mine referred to the Greg Brady rockstar Johnny Bravo...

I just feel dirty calling him that now.
No more Mr Bravo, Juan...

[This message has been edited by zooropamanda (edited 10-28-2001).]

Originally posted by TripThruUreWires:
i'm supposed to be in the city the day of the letterman taping...and just the off-chance that i could run into this "freak of nature" scares the bejeeses out of me. now, here is a man who should be confined to the deserts of Arizona.

Haha! Unless you're 5'6 and Irish you should be OK....

One of my best friend's from high school is going out with a guy named Johnny Bravo...for real...I saw his driver's license.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Well, if anyone wants to hang out to meet the band, there's a group of U2NYCers that will be by the stage door near the Hello Deli. Stop by, say hi and see if you too can stop the man of steel. And wish Larry a happy 28th birthday....I mean, a happy 40th birthday.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

Oh Lord-I hope he doesn't read this-if so-it's a JOKE brotha!At least most of you didn't have to witness Boston 4 'live and in person'

If someone can do this @Letterman-I'll take care of Providence if I can-get some crazy glue, put it on the bottom of his shoes-problem solved!
wink.gif

LMAO @ U2Bama's post-thanks-I sure needed that laugh today.

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
Oh Lord-I hope he doesn't read this-if so-it's a JOKE brotha!At least most of you didn't have to witness Boston 4 'live and in person'

If someone can do this @Letterman-I'll take care of Providence if I can-get some crazy glue, put it on the bottom of his shoes-problem solved!
wink.gif

LMAO @ U2Bama's post-thanks-I sure needed that laugh today.

Same! Thanks U2Bama!
biggrin.gif

LMAO @ 'Diamond the U2 parrot'

Nice work Bama, you summed up the "legend" quite nicely for the uninformed. I'll be in the Providence GA line Tues, so if I encounter the U2 Parrot, I'll give him your best.
biggrin.gif

------------------
The joker is the best card.

Originally posted by Bonoforever:

LMAO @ 'Diamond the U2 parrot'

And as I must give credit where credit is due, the "Parrot" name was based on a typo made by Johnny Swallow in his HOT/NOT poll.

~U2Alabama

Originally posted by U2Bama:
Bonochick, is he from Arizona?

Nope, he is originally from Florida.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Back
Top Bottom