MSG Ticket Hold

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

partygirl33

The Fly
I have it on good authority that there are two thousand MSG (first leg) GA tickets being held under "artist hold".

This is true- not a rumor. What could that mean!!?? I am told that this is very unusual for this type of concert at MSG...

I also posted this over on Tour Dates- but nobody
was browsing so sorry for the double post here!!!

partygirl33 said:
I have it on good authority that there are two thousand MSG (first leg) GA tickets being held under "artist hold".

This is true- not a rumor. What could that mean!!??

"The Artist-U2, have them on hold"

:|

Wow, looks like the whole floor will be filled with celebrities.

Or they're going to release a whole bunch to the public on the 21st.:wink:

well- they are up to something. i can't imagine 2000+ tickets being held for celebrities. 250 maybe, not 2000!!

Personally I didnt notice the crowd in Boston 2001...but then again I could care less if it was aliens in the crowd lol

I can understand holding back some tix for VIPS, radio promotions
and what not. But IF what you are saying is true (2,000 tickets)-
then offering tickets behind the stage or with partial views durring the presale was all the more a DOUCHE BAG move.

"one hundred, two hundred....."

I think that 2,000 GA tickets is a very unlikely figure. From my knowledge, that would be almost the total GA capacity (which is typically 2,000 to 2,500 tickets). I don't think U2 can hold such a large number, which also translates to 10% of the total capacity of the venue.

C ya!

Marty

Popmartijn said:
I think that 2,000 GA tickets is a very unlikely figure. From my knowledge, that would be almost the total GA capacity (which is typically 2,000 to 2,500 tickets). I don't think U2 can hold such a large number, which also translates to 10% of the total capacity of the venue.

C ya!

Marty

I know it seems ridiculous...but it is true! thats why i had to s post! Guess we'll see how it all plays out.

If it were true, no-one would have GA tickets. I was under the impression no venues had more than 1700-1800 in the GA crowd.

I don't think that many people got MSG GAs, did they? And remember U2 took a bunch back from ETS- maybe it is part of that.

This is exactly what I thought happened. The fact is that it seems almost no one has MSG GAs. Literally in the last few weeks spent on fan boards, I think I found a grand total of 2 people with MSG GA (and one of them has agreed to trade his ticket with me, I'm a lucky bastard:wink: )

2000 does seem like a lot, but I am convinced that the vast majority of GA tickets NEVER went on sale in the first place.

They might be holding on to a lot of tickets to be sure they can accomodate all their friends, family, and everyone connected with U2 is some way. BUT, as it is often the case, they won't all be used and some tickets will be released closer to the show. Or that might be part of a strategy to stop scalpers. In any case I wouldn't loose hope on getting MSG GAs eventually.

I just did a search on Ebay for MSG GA Floor - I found ONE auction (currently going for $2100 a pair - yuck.) Searching all the other cities brings up anywhere from 10 - 25 auctions per show. If the scalpers don't have them, then they must be held back.

I think this sounds right. As previously said, there are virtually no MSG GA's out there. If ticketmaster, brokers or the promoter had them, they would be up for auction and people would be pocketing over a thousand dollars a ticket. I think we will see assigned seats on the floor given to VIP's and mainly to corporations. Remember U2 is now a corporate entity seeking major exposure. Selling the floor to corporate people in New York unfortunately is the smart business move. I would guess the GA section will hold about 500 people maximum.

you're nuts... there will be no seats on the floor at MSG.

people... there aren't even 2000 GA tickets, let alone 2000 of them on hold.

i think there's a miscalculation in this info here...

and there were a bunch of GAs on e-bay in the past month... there is only one i can find up now, but there have been plenty on e-bay since the tickets first went on sale. and if you click the total tickets banner on this site, you'll find plenty there, too.

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
you're nuts... there will be no seats on the floor at MSG.

people... there aren't even 2000 GA tickets, let alone 2000 of them on hold.

i think there's a miscalculation in this info here...

and there were a bunch of GAs on e-bay in the past month... there is only one i can find up now, but there have been plenty on e-bay since the tickets first went on sale. and if you click the total tickets banner on this site, you'll find plenty there, too.

seriously- i do not expect anyone to believe me. but i am not lying. there are "about 2,000 tickets on artist hold". not that is matters- because there will be like 5 MSG shows on the 3rd leg.

i don't know anything about seats on the floor- but i *think* there were seats on the GA floor (elevated on a platform) at a couple of Elevation shows- can't remember which ones though.

2,000 tickets held up for the artists doesn't mean they are all GAs, it might be the total, including seats. Like others have said that's more than the total number of GAs anyways.

That being said I think it's fair to believe that most GAs never went on sale. Same with the best seats. That's the way it always is anyways, and I can see how the band would hold more tickets in NYC than elsewhere. I remember reading a report on ticketing practices, and it said that once for a Barbara Streisand show at MSG, less than 50% of all tickets went on sale to the general public.

Well that's strange because usually less than 2,000 people fit on the floor in the first place. Although the number must vary significantly from place to place. Is MSG bigger than other arenas?

Anyways, where did you get that info? You can give us a hint without telling the person's name:wink:

Back
Top Bottom