MSG Shows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Please let me know if any of you were able to score GA tickets to either of the two MSG shows.

I am curious if anyone here was actually able to get them, or did the band simply hold them all for Christy Turlingon...

MSG01: No luck, $331 lowers only offered
MSG02: No luck, $331 lowers only offered, then Ticketmaster crashed with a big red "Sorry, there was an error with search." error message for any Innocence Group tickets.

Yay - fun times.!

Just so we are all aware of what this tour is about, I just did a very quick and dirty calculation that the lower bowl alone at MSG for either night as priced at $331 or $82/ticket will earn the band between $1,600,000 and $2,600,000 EACH night. Only for the 100's section.

Add in the rest and it is a fortune. For an hour and a half of playing mediocre new music.

Just shitty.

Bye.

While I share your frustration about the difficulty and cost of tickets this tour, I think "an hour and a half of playing mediocre new music" is a bit facetious.

I managed to get one GA for the second show this afternoon. I think between the Citi and general sales that are coming up, we will have a good chance of getting more GAs. Plus there's at least some chance of a third show being added on the 27th.

Hi, from the UK & flying to New York on 25th June. Used my code for the New Jersey show. Does anyone know when the actual general sale is for the MSG show on Tuesday 26th ?. There are so many pre sales....confused !. Thanks in advance.

Hi, from the UK & flying to New York on 25th June. Used my code for the New Jersey show. Does anyone know when the actual general sale is for the MSG show on Tuesday 26th ?. There are so many pre sales....confused !. Thanks in advance.

The Ticketmaster event page does say "Public Onsale Starts TBA", but the 2nd Boston show has "Tue 12/05/17 @ 10:00 am EST" and they're usually at the same time if both are EST.

The Ticketmaster event page does say "Public Onsale Starts TBA", but the 2nd Boston show has "Tue 12/05/17 @ 10:00 am EST" and they're usually at the same time if both are EST.
Many thanks. In Australia at the moment so could be tricky with the timezone !. Many thanks for the info.

Not sure why it says TBA now, but when it was originally announced the general sale was listed for December 5th. Time is likely 10am NY time although it could be 9AM so keep close tabs on that... You do need to register for the general sale, it uses the Verified Fan system too! Deadline for that is December 1 at 10PM Eastern (NY time). has passed...

EDIT: General sale time is up - December 5th at 2PM NY time. I have to say 2PM is a weird time! Have never seen that as an onsale time before. Do double check the time the day before, could change.

Hi, yeah I am verified as got 2 for the NJ show in the experience group. Thanks.

You still need to register separately for the general sale, hopefully you did - I just re-read the site, registration is closed now for it except for Montreal.

Ok, should have kept up with the small print !
Looks like reaching out to the u2 fan family here for a couple of spares !

Ok, should have kept up with the small print !
Looks like reaching out to the u2 fan family here for a couple of spares !

They might open it up to all without code on the 6th, but that is not guaranteed, and the seat selection won't be the greatest by then, I imagine.

While I share your frustration about the difficulty and cost of tickets this tour, I think "an hour and a half of playing mediocre new music" is a bit facetious.

I managed to get one GA for the second show this afternoon. I think between the Citi and general sales that are coming up, we will have a good chance of getting more GAs. Plus there's at least some chance of a third show being added on the 27th.

I was absolutely being facetious, however I imagine my point came across. After playing a hugely successful string of JT shows where the band played most of their modern day 'hits' (along with JT) I am curious besides the new music what they plan to play.

It will still be an hour and a half and for $331 that means you are spending $3.68 per minute to see the band at these prices. Kind of expensive to me.

When I say mediocre - I mean mediocre. After hearing the first three songs released from this album I am not excited by it or the price to have to hear it. I hope everyone else is, I get it, but jumping through hoops to do this is lame.

Many who didn't like the first few songs have ended up really liking the album, so I hope you enjoy it when it comes out!

But yeah, the prices for this tour are really baffling/disappointing.

If you're figuring out the cost per minute for a U2 show, you shouldn't be going to a U2 show and I think technically you violated the terms here and should be banned. But I didn't read the fine print.

Yeah, I got GAs for both - Experience code to the rescue.
Though ultimately going with seats for night 2. About $140 ea including fees (vs $105 for GA) - low row, side stage. Sat there in 2015 for about $115 including fees. There are still some singles in secs 114 and 110 in the Citi presale.

This was the view last time:

Attachments

• IMG_8898.jpg
    IMG_8898.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 34
Especially when you consider the person 10 feet over from me paid more than twice as much.

If you're figuring out the cost per minute for a U2 show, you shouldn't be going to a U2 show and I think technically you violated the terms here and should be banned. But I didn't read the fine print.

Hmm...

And if you are questioning my first amendment rights, perhaps you should be banned?

Or we can ban each other?

Or no one should be banned?

The cost analysis was based on the absolutely ridiculous notion that U2 (or any band for that matter) should be charging $331 USD asking price for a 'decent' seat to one of their shows. It just goes to show how out of touch with reality people are.

I am 43 years old, can afford to pay that for a seat (but won't) and just despise what is going on.

I like to put myself in the shoes of a 15, 16, or 17 year old kid who may just be exploring this band for the first time and who may want to see them live, better yet, be lucky enough to be able to get a great seat to a show.

I just imagine them asking their parents (how I used to have to ask mine) for some money to see a show:

"Mom, Dad, there is this great band I am now loving and want to see them live because they are coming to our city. I'd love to go, but need a few bucks for a ticket."

"Oh - that sounds great - how much do you need?"

"Three hundred and thirty one dollars before fees and taxes."

I'm just having fun, but seriously pretty sure our new president got rid of the first amendment and replaced it with the second amendment via tweet earlier today.

Yes, the tickets are way too much. So I don't buy them. I buy GA or the cheap seats. I got 5 tickets so far. And I can't afford them -- don't tell my wife.

Anyway -- if you look up expensive concerts U2 I doesn't even crack the Top 10. Adele. Rolling Stones. One Direction. Taylor Swift. Then again, they don't seem to play as many shows as U2 does and Adele is retiring right?

Bruce is on broadway -- and his face value is crazy, but only 1000 seats. So cost/reward?

I'm saying it's expensive, but there is no good price that would make everyone happy -- if tickets were all 10 bucks, then fans who don't care that much and scalpers would get them before us and sell them for the same prices U2 is charging... that's the rub.

Agreed Headache! I also went to concerts with my parents -- my first show was either Paula Abdul with Color me Badd opening or Bette Milder. I'm not joking. I saw both. Can't recall which one was first. I was way too old to be with my parents I think. Dear God.

My first concert alone was I'm guessing U2 POP Mart Tour, but maybe I saw Pearl Jam or Wallflowers before...

Agreed Headache! I also went to concerts with my parents -- my first show was either Paula Abdul with Color me Badd opening or Bette Milder. I'm not joking. I saw both. Can't recall which one was first. I was way too old to be with my parents I think. Dear God.

My first concert alone was I'm guessing U2 POP Mart Tour, but maybe I saw Pearl Jam or Wallflowers before...

Peter Paul and Mary w/ The Smothers Brothers at Westbury Music Fair.

I shit you not

Westbury is still a decent place to see a show, all things considered. Intimate, unique setup.

Unforgettable Fire actually played a show there as part of a tribute showcase, so I got to see a show there as a 6 year old and be a roadie for a show as a 26 year old.

I saw Slim Goodbody there as a kid, Weird Al in my late teens and Steve Winwood a few years ago.

The strangest, however, was seeing Andrew Dice Clay there in the late 90s. Like stepping through a goddamn wormhole: bad cologne, teased hair and more IROCs in a single parking lot than should be legal.

Back
Top Bottom