MSG: 300 level seats vs GA tix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marklbell

Babyface
By some miracle I was able to get tix at the presale, but they are in section 304 (if stage is at 9 o'clock, seats are at 4/5 o'clock, 3 levels up from floor).

I might have the chance to secure some GA tickets instead via a friend, but I want to get some feedback on the GA setup from those that have been to prior U2 shows at the garden:

-I'm presuming the GA section is about the size of the gardens ice hockey rink?

-How 'full' is GA, i.e. if you turn up at showtime without really queing all day, are you going to be right at the back or does the crush to the front mean you're ~3/4 the way back?

-For a shortish person of 5'5", can you actually see the stage/band from where you'd end up, or is it just too tough?

I'd love to go for the GA, but have to assure the g/f that it will be worth the extra $$!

If you don't take them I'd be interested :D

The GA is large, it's the whole size of the floor...I would recommend waiting hours before, last minute you'll be way in the back..

GA is the only way to see U2 play inside. The overall arena has a buzz but being on the floor is so much more intense and intimate. Rock shows are meant to be tight and sweaty.

Although I'm sure you can find about 100,000 New Yorkers dying for whatever tickets you may have extra ... I figure it's worth a show, feel more then free to email me if you're looking for a buyer.

Mike

Wow, you guys are taller than me. I am only 4"11. i have never been good with GA's. I am really going to have to dish out alot of $$$ this year.:mad:

Hell the U2 shows I went to on Elevation were hardly hot and sweaty, everyone was cool in the crowds. Plenty of room.

bonosleftone said:
Hell the U2 shows I went to on Elevation were hardly hot and sweaty, everyone was cool in the crowds. Plenty of room.

MSG was totally different. Not a rough crowd, but the first 1/3 of the crowd was pressing towards the stage.

If you're short and need some space then simply move back beyond the center of the floor.

I was in the heart Night #1 of the fall leg - Sure it was crowded but I never felt like I was being crushed. When I turned around, I bumped in to Moby. Plenty of room toward the back of the heart as well, except with Bono and Company moved towards the tip....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom