Mount Typo, Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Huh. I have a Rhapsody subscription and it's up on there and apparently NPR had it about three weeks ago.

I saw you gave a good score to The Hotelier's album, so I'm listening to that right now. The tunes are solid, but I'm not sure about the vocalist. Reminds me of John Darnielle, if he had a predilection for screaming. I tend to like RYM's taste in emo, so this is very nice nonetheless.

U2 needs to stop playing One until they're capable of exhibiting an ounce of emotion while playing it, the way they did in the 90s. Every time they drag it out now, it's a disservice to its special place in U2 history.

The studio version still moves me very deeply though. I don't know what it is about it. Probably the vocal.

The live versions with the Do You Hear Us Coming Lord adlibs are amazing. FUCK YOU SYDNEY. FUCK YOU.

Huh. I have a Rhapsody subscription and it's up on there and apparently NPR had it about three weeks ago.

I saw you gave a good score to The Hotelier's album, so I'm listening to that right now. The tunes are solid, but I'm not sure about the vocalist. Reminds me of John Darnielle, if he had a predilection for screaming. I tend to like RYM's taste in emo, so this is very nice nonetheless.

Oh I'm sure it's streaming, I just don't like streams. I'd rather download something in better quality than a stream, and be able to scrobble it.

As for The Hotelier, that album is a serious grower. It was the last track that hooked me in and I found myself playing it on repeat, especially the bit halfway through with the three vocalists. Then I started really getting into "Your Deep Rest" (which has some pretty powerful lyrics - in fact almost all of the album is really well written), which soon led to "In Framing" and "The Scope of All of This Rebuilding", and in the end a thorough enjoyment of the whole album - which turned an initially weak 4/5 into a solid 4.5/5. The only song I don't really like is "Housebroken".

So I decided to stream Guilty of Everything on Nothing's Bandcamp because there have been just too many comments suggesting this is right up my alley. No kidding. This is pretty sweet. Actually sounds quite similar to one of the best bands in Melbourne at the moment - White Walls, who are only a touch heavier on record and fucking slay so much live.

Speaking of killer Melbourne bands that everybody should know about, if you have any affection for post-punk at all, especially the likes of For Against or The Chameleons, then you need Infinite Void in your life. Fuck me they're good. Two of them are also in Deep Heat, who've been really killing it lately too.

Nothing is fairly brilliant. I was quite excited upon first hearing it. Listened to it again today and was no less impressed.

it's in glenroy. come down and drink.

by the way, for the first time ever, i have worked my way out of the friend zone and into the bed. rejoice!

Also I associate Glenroy with a loser friend of mine who lives there and is totally incompetent at every aspect of life.

But if you picked us up we might just come. Maybe.

tumblr_n2msm0zant1snlw2po1_400.gif

great Job

I know, it's hard to believe. It seems like I started having more success with girls the second I decided to stop sharing every single encounter I had on this forum :lol:

Not in the onesie Vlad but I could still pull it off with one on.

I may pick you guys up. Maybe.

I often forget that the forum's default isn't the ten posts per page that I use.

I don't know how you cope with thirty. I find twenty posts per page on RYM excessive! :lol:

I'm trying to get back into the habit of listening to more new music. The last couple years I have not been very good about the albums I listen't too. I think it's because with work it was easier to listen to things on shuffle. Now that I'm unemployed :happy: that is not as much of an issue. Well not unemployed you know just like working random gigs every weekend but whatever.

Yeah, I've been pretty terrible at getting into new stuff over the past few months in particular. I often get into the bad habit of just rotating the same few albums in the car for yonks (my ipod broke, RIP in peace). I am also still looking for a job, though I'm doing a little course in character design just to pass the time until the goods happen. Boy, who would have thought it'd be so hard to find employment after getting an art degree!

It's like art degrees, English degrees and communications degrees weren't the automatic ins we all know them to be...:(

That sounds good... but I don't own a Geelong jumper :ohmy: I think I've got a scarf, but I'm pretty sure that's it. I would gladly do it but I'm not super keen on buying a Cats jumper, they're a lot of money these days :lol:

I'd say you've got until mid-May :)

You could always get a cheap knock-off at Dimmey's. :wink: (Unless they've all shut down now, which would be both a shame and a relief.)

I know, it's hard to believe. It seems like I started having more success with girls the second I decided to stop sharing every single encounter I had on this forum :lol:

Does that mean all the girls you know lurk here?

My body will never be complete until I figure out a way to do that exact move.

I thought this sentence was going to end with a declaration of a tattoo you wanted, but then I thought, one day people might be able to get animated gifs as tattoos...!

It's like art degrees, English degrees and communications degrees weren't the automatic ins we all know them to be...:(

I didn't have a lot of luck with jobs after I got my science degree either... and in defiance of that old joke, I ended up working at McDonalds, while my ex-arts-student housemate was working in a real estate office.

Also, I've been making a very conscious decision to listen to at least one, sometimes two or three complete new albums every single day this year. It really fucks with your head having to integrate that much new material...

I seem to go through phases where I'll spend a couple of weeks listening to heaps of new stuff every day, and then a month or so where I'll pretty much consolidate - put the best from the binge of new stuff into rotation with my old favourites - and then go back to listening to heaps of new stuff again for a fortnight. It's pretty much a subconscious sort of thing but it's served me well the last few years in keeping up with what's happening without really forcing myself to check out anything.

Baseball and rugby league back to back on Gem today. It's like they're trying to see how much shit sport they can cram into one afternoon. All we need now is a game of soccer.

I watched about 15 minutes of the baseball, virtually nothing happened in those 15 minutes. Makes a dull test match seem exciting.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom