Mormon Bar, California Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the video: http://media.u2.com/flash/highlights/seaandsky.swf

Don't watch more than ten seconds. It doesn't change. There's some noise at about 35 seconds or so, but nothing of any consequence whatsoever.

Well done, U2 - you've figured out how to waste two minutes of the lives of your most obsessed fans! First you waste their money with three editions of the same goddamn albums and singles, now you're going after their time. You fools, you don't personally profit from THAT!

Maybe Adam has a suicide wish and he knows that if he keep recording stupid videos, I'm going to kill him. Suicide by Reggo. Not as glamorous as it sounds.

NEEDS MOAR TRAMZ.

clf
to be honest, i don't even know if they have any there. i'm sure you know though. one of my buddies lives there and they've taken subway pics from time to time. they've also been nice enough to let me know about this humongous escalator you have to take if you get on the subway. :sigh:

Maybe Adam has a suicide wish and he knows that if he keep recording stupid videos, I'm going to kill him. Suicide by Reggo. Not as glamorous as it sounds.

Pretend Larry made the videos and go after him instead.

to be honest, i don't even know if they have any there. i'm sure you know though. one of my buddies lives there and they've taken subway pics from time to time. they've also been nice enough to let me know about this humongous escalator you have to take if you get on the subway. :sigh:

Yes, they do! I've even ridden on it. It's the only underground tram I've ever been on. It's their Green Line, which runs underground in the central city and then emerges in the suburbs - I didn't ride it that far, just a few underground stations. I think the only time I went on it was after my first U2 gig, actually. Oh, and they also have another unrelated tramline in the outer suburbs. But I think that's it. I wish I'd taken more photos while I was there ... I wasn't as camera-happy then as I am now, and I only had my mother's camera with very little storage capacity so I had to be a bit more selective in what shots I took.

Yes, they do! I've even ridden on it. It's the only underground tram I've ever been on. It's their Green Line, which runs underground in the central city and then emerges in the suburbs - I didn't ride it that far, just a few underground stations. I think the only time I went on it was after my first U2 gig, actually. Oh, and they also have another unrelated tramline in the outer suburbs. But I think that's it. I wish I'd taken more photos while I was there ... I wasn't as camera-happy then as I am now, and I only had my mother's camera with very little storage capacity so I had to be a bit more selective in what shots I took.
ugh. i'm not taking the green line. i'd ask my friend to tell me which lines are okay (i know i'm incredibly lame, i have this intense fear of falling and escalators, especially ones that go down, scare the shit out of me) but i don't trust them. :grumpy:

i'm actually making the very very basic plans of going to boston next year, like as in i'm thinking about it. i want to visit every state in the northeast u.s. over the summer. i want to visit the 48 states asap. hawaii and alaska will have to wait longer.

oh and lol, i definitely get to see lots of boston pics thanks to them. they're in film school so they're always taking photos and movies...most of which are on the camera i got them last year for christmas. :cute:

ugh. i'm not taking the green line. i'd ask my friend to tell me which lines are okay (i know i'm incredibly lame, i have this intense fear of falling and escalators, especially ones that go down, scare the shit out of me) but i don't trust them. :grumpy:

i'm actually making the very very basic plans of going to boston next year, like as in i'm thinking about it. i want to visit every state in the northeast u.s. over the summer. i want to visit the 48 states asap. hawaii and alaska will have to wait longer.

oh and lol, i definitely get to see lots of boston pics thanks to them. they're in film school so they're always taking photos and movies...most of which are on the camera i got them last year for christmas. :cute:

Whatever's wrong with the Green Line? I'm sure it would be fine on the above-ground section!

Oooh, awesome. I absolutely loved Boston when I was there. Wish I had some travel plans for my upcoming holidays ... alas, none as yet. I'd most like to go to New Zealand, but I'll probably be having some surgery on my nose to fix up how fucked its structure is, and I won't be allowed to fly for a month after that. And beforehand, well, I simply don't WANT to fly out of fear of more headaches. Maybe I should just head off to Tassie or South Australia on the ferry or train.

guys...
4751670bk2.jpg

Whatever's wrong with the Green Line? I'm sure it would be fine on the above-ground section!

Oooh, awesome. I absolutely loved Boston when I was there. Wish I had some travel plans for my upcoming holidays ... alas, none as yet. I'd most like to go to New Zealand, but I'll probably be having some surgery on my nose to fix up how fucked its structure is, and I won't be allowed to fly for a month after that. And beforehand, well, I simply don't WANT to fly out of fear of more headaches. Maybe I should just head off to Tassie or South Australia on the ferry or train.

Go visit Bonnie in Rapelaide.

oh my bad, i thought you were talking about the line with the escalator :lol:

ouch, what do you have to get surgery for? deviated septum is the only thing i've ever heard of so i'll guess that. :lol: my dad had sinus surgery ten or so years ago and i know even for that he had restrictions on flying. you should go to tasmania :cute:

oh my bad, i thought you were talking about the line with the escalator :lol:

ouch, what do you have to get surgery for? deviated septum is the only thing i've ever heard of so i'll guess that. :lol: my dad had sinus surgery ten or so years ago and i know even for that he had restrictions on flying. you should go to tasmania :cute:

Oh, ha. I don't remember any particularly awful escalators in Boston ... you should see the escalators to Parliament Station here in Melbourne, though! Fucking TERRIFYING. Due to my lack of depth perception, I feel dizzy and have to just cling to the rail. There is a good reason I tend to avoid ever needing to use Parliament.

Yep, you're right. It's so out of proper alignment that it got a "wow!" out of the doctor who looked at it last week. When we were initially talking about my symptoms, he said that perhaps just a course of medication would do enough to improve my breathing to a satisfactory level, but the second he actually took a look, he was convinced that I should choose the surgery. The same thing happened with the doctor I saw in October, so I think it's the wise course of action.

Oh, ha. I don't remember any particularly awful escalators in Boston ... you should see the escalators to Parliament Station here in Melbourne, though! Fucking TERRIFYING. Due to my lack of depth perception, I feel dizzy and have to just cling to the rail. There is a good reason I tend to avoid ever needing to use Parliament.

Yep, you're right. It's so out of proper alignment that it got a "wow!" out of the doctor who looked at it last week. When we were initially talking about my symptoms, he said that perhaps just a course of medication would do enough to improve my breathing to a satisfactory level, but the second he actually took a look, he was convinced that I should choose the surgery. The same thing happened with the doctor I saw in October, so I think it's the wise course of action.
:uhoh: i think i'd just take the one before or after it and walk :uhoh:

and aww, are you gonna pull an ashley tisdale and use it as an excuse to get a nose job and breast implants? wait...i hope not! :lol:

hahaha, my mom and i are discussing soup and she mentioned she ate cream of mushroom soup as a kid (we hate mushrooms) and one of the cats by her turned around and hissed! :lol: talk about timing.

The deepest lines on the London Underground are shitgoddamnscary to get to. Nearly a vertical escalator way down into the earth.

It's cool, but at the same time OH MY GOD IM GONNA FALL

:uhoh: i think i'd just take the one before or after it and walk :uhoh:

and aww, are you gonna pull an ashley tisdale and use it as an excuse to get a nose job and breast implants? wait...i hope not! :lol:

Yeah, there are so many tram lines around that part of the city that I can easily avoid taking a train to Parliament.

... no, I like my face the way it is. I don't think anything could be done to make it less ugly.

The deepest lines on the London Underground are shitgoddamnscary to get to. Nearly a vertical escalator way down into the earth.

It's cool, but at the same time OH MY GOD IM GONNA FALL

I think the deepest station on any subway system in the world is in ... either Moscow or St Petersburg. Some Russian city anyway. I HATE to think what the escalators there are like. Especially because, well, it's Russia and the last maintenance was probably performed before Gorbachev's rise to power.

As I understand it, at least the world's deepest station is just served by elevators. It provides the Swiss with access to trains running through a tunnel that literally runs under the entirety of Switzerland, from Germany to Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom