more US dates??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DC/Baltimore has a hold. Meaning that it might happen... might not happen. If the show were to held, it would be either at Fed Ex Field or M&T Bank Stadium.

Yep I was right. So they finally figured out how to get the crains and the pieces of the claw into the stadium. They have stadium shows once every 2 years. Problem is the loading dock at M&T Bank Stadium. Its so tight to get the equipment around the corner.

There is absolutely positively no way the claw will be going into Fenway.

Take that to the bank!

A.)It wouldn't fit- not with the need to have a GA.

B.)Most importantly, the grounds manager would never, ever allow it. After the Stones' Bigger Bang tour stage(which would fit under the claw) tore up 3/4 of the outfield, the grounds manager insisted that he personally select the stage that was to be used for any future concerts. He selected a Stage Co generic, boring stage. That exact same stage has since been used by DMB, Phish, The Police, Neil Diamond, Paul McCartney and Aerosmith.

Even if it wasn't with the 360 claw, U2 would not be going to Fenway because they are not allowed to customize the stage at all. And customizing the stage is something that U2 hasn't been able to live without since Zoo TV.

What's interesting about the CLAW is that virtually all the weight rest of 4 small pillars. You only need to remove the grass in those tiny 4 areas like they did on some Euro soccer fields and maybe in the US. The flat stage and walkway don't weigh much at all.

Not sure about the soundboard tent thing. Yes, the GA would look weird and would also have tons of room on the sides of the stage behind the redzones.

There would be less tickets available on the field if they did Fenway since they have a short Center Field fence along with Left Field. Hartford or Foxboro I guess will be a strong contender for a show.

A DJ in Boston, on 92.5 (The River) just played Zooropa and talked about how U2 had to cancel the NA tour this year because of Bono's surgery. Then went on to say it would resume in May 2011 and asked who you would like to see open for them in Boston. Listed the current acts.. and said find out in a few weeks. Either she's a big dummy or they really are coming back here!!! :hyper:

I think it's pretty safe to say they'll be back in Boston. If they're coming back to the DC/Baltimore area, I'd say Boston is probably a shoe-in, probably only one show though.

A DJ in Boston, on 92.5 (The River) just played Zooropa and talked about how U2 had to cancel the NA tour this year because of Bono's surgery. Then went on to say it would resume in May 2011 and asked who you would like to see open for them in Boston. Listed the current acts.. and said find out in a few weeks. Either she's a big dummy or they really are coming back here!!! :hyper:

:applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:

Made my day!

I have just read via U2gigs that a possible Nashville show will be added on July 2 of next year. There is a gap between Chicago and Miami and obviously Nashville is along the way. There is also another tweeter saying Nashville is all but confirmed, July 2 at the stadium at Vanderbilt University.

Vanderbilt?! That's rather surprising. I figured any Nashville show would automatically be at the stadium the Titans play in (LP Field or whatever corporate entity has the naming rights these days).

Vanderbilt?! That's rather surprising. I figured any Nashville show would automatically be at the stadium the Titans play in (LP Field or whatever corporate entity has the naming rights these days).

That's what I thought too...who knows...too early to tell but according to U2 gigs and other tweeters this rumor has strong legs to it!

So far we've got rumors of Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Boston, and Nashville.

Hopefully we'll get an Ohio show added in there, plus the long rumored St Louis show. It would also be nice to see some more shows in the south and possibly a few more west coast shows.

Unfortunately, it looks like ticket sales for these shows will commence before any sort of new album shows up.

So far we've got rumors of Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Boston, and Nashville.

Hopefully we'll get an Ohio show added in there, plus the long rumored St Louis show. It would also be nice to see some more shows in the south and possibly a few more west coast shows.

Unfortunately, it looks like ticket sales for these shows will commence before any sort of new album shows up.

Would LOVE:heart: OHIO!!!

god nashville will be brilliant. why does it have to be over july 4th weekend, ugh? i don't give a shit about holidays or weekends or whatever but the roads and hotels will be nuts as it is. i booked a tentative room at the place i usually stay at and it's $269 a night :crack:

having seen vanderbilt though i'm doubtful it'll be there. i mean stranger things have happened but i don't see where there'd be room to load and unload this stuff.

I was in Nashville, briefly, in college. I remember visiting the Randy Travis Gift Shop.

I bought a Randy Travis coloring book. It was awesome.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom