more US dates??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, they sold the first two quickly and just announced this one, so they called it the 'final' date before they could even know if a 4th date would sell.

I don't think they want to take their chances by adding a 4th show. Aztec Stadium is effing HUGE.

I don't think they want to take their chances by adding a 4th show. Aztec Stadium is effing HUGE.

What if they blow out all the tickets in 2 hours?

Reminds me of the South American Madonna dates in 2008. Kept selling well beyond expectations and I think they even canned plans for Australia/Japan.

They haven't done 3 full shows on 3 straight days since Lovetown, withthe exception of Rotterdam Zootv.

You have to go back to WAR to find 4-5 days in a row.

There was Buenos Aires Popmart, Feb 5,6 and 7.

Also on Elevation there was-
Nov 18 Las Vegas, Nov 19 LA, Nov 20 Sacramento
Nov 30 Atlanta, Dec 1 Tampa, Dec 2 Miami

The Elevation tour schedule in general doesn't sound like much fun for guys in their 40s.
The Stones won't do 2 shows back to back anymore, even if in the same city/venue.

Also on Elevation there was-
Nov 18 Las Vegas, Nov 19 LA, Nov 20 Sacramento
Nov 30 Atlanta, Dec 1 Tampa, Dec 2 Miami

The Elevation tour schedule in general doesn't sound like much fun for guys in their 40s.
The Stones won't do 2 shows back to back anymore, even if in the same city/venue.

Those added last wweeks of Elevation dates had to be crammed in since the band had a limit of days they could be in the US for tax reasons. After the final show of 2001 they had to be in a plane headed out fo the country before midnight. Maybe the tour ending party was beforehand.

ACDC is another band that stopped doing back to back shows.

Those added last wweeks of Elevation dates had to be crammed in since the band had a limit of days they could be in the US for tax reasons. After the final show of 2001 they had to be in a plane headed out fo the country before midnight. Maybe the tour ending party was beforehand.

never knew that. What do you exactly mean with tax reasons?

never knew that. What do you exactly mean with tax reasons?

I don't know a lot about (US) tax law, but I do know there are regulations like 'if you spend more than, say, 100 days in the US in a given year then that's considered your country of residence and all income is taxed'. The same is for other countries.

ACDC is another band that stopped doing back to back shows.

The end of tour party was the night before the Atlanta show. I only know that because I went to the Atlanta show and I listen to that bootleg a lot. Bono mentioned it somewhere in the show.

even better, he's also playing gillette on august 27th

so they won't get u2, but they do get KC

tee hee hee :giggle:

i'm not a fan of the baseball team

and the constant "we HAVE to get a show next year" sense of entitlement on this forum makes me laugh every time a new show is announced and it isn't there

your area of the country may eventually get a show announcement. but the longer the wait, the better

so basically:

haters-gonna-hate26.jpg

That mentality comes from how often they typically play around here, particularly after Vertigo's 7 shows in 2005. Also, Kenny Chesney plays Gillette every August with a bunch of other pop country artists, so that isn't any sort of 'trade off' in the mind of the ownership.

I can deal, I'm going to at least 4 2011 shows with Anaheim and Montreal, but it is odd they wouldn't come back here given their self-professed relationship with Boston.

... but it is odd they wouldn't come back here given their self-professed relationship with Boston.

Maybe this is the first sign that U2 is breaking up with you, Boston.

Have they been ignoring your calls and texts? Have they changed their relationship status to "it's complicated" on Facebook? Do they seem a little aloof these days? Does their smile not quite reach their eyes when they look at you?

You might want to start preparing for an "it's not you, it's me" speech.

i'm not a fan of the baseball team

and the constant "we HAVE to get a show next year" sense of entitlement on this forum makes me laugh every time a new show is announced and it isn't there

your area of the country may eventually get a show announcement. but the longer the wait, the better

so basically:

haters-gonna-hate26.jpg

Alrighty. Thank you for the explanation.
Hopefully I haven't been guilty of showing a sense of entitlement.
I'm actually happy for Nashville that hasn't got a show in over two decades and are the only SOLD OUT usa date! :up:

Have they been ignoring your calls and texts? Have they changed their relationship status to "it's complicated" on Facebook? Do they seem a little aloof these days? Does their smile not quite reach their eyes when they look at you?

:sad:,

:applaud:

Win!

It's like their 'special' relationship with the dutch. Didn't get a show in 2010

:giggle: :up:

maybe Boston should watch the movie: "He is just not that into you" :D

:lol::lol::lol:
I was thinking the same thing.

What if they blow out all the tickets in 2 hours?

That's a good point.

But I'm starting to think that these Mexico City shows are selling significantly well because fans from all over Latin America are becoming impatient over when the South American dates will be announced.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom