More Radiohead Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've had a lot of new regulars in there over the past year or two that have contributed great things (HeartlandGirl, Moonlit_Angel, Danny Boy, Iron Yuppie) without understanding the inside jokes at first but now I would really miss if they weren't posting.

So post, Fitz.

YES. Seriously, Fitz, we want you in there. It's called Random for a reason. You can just pop in and say something totally random and we'll love you for it.
GAF does that all the time.

Really the only joke you need to understand, fitz, is that u2popmofo doesn't take kindly to illegal downloaders, and seeks justice with his musket.

I actually don't even know the movie being referred to :reject:

I've been laughing at the u2popmofo musket jokes for how long and only now do I learn it's a movie reference?

Also, if you want to know the history of a particular inside joke, we'd love nothing more than to rehash it for you for 25 pages.

joyfulgirl said:
YES. Seriously, Fitz, we want you in there. It's called Random for a reason. You can just pop in and say something totally random and we'll love you for it. * SPOILER *

I've been laughing at the u2popmofo musket jokes for how long and only now do I learn it's a movie reference?

Also, if you want to know the history of a particular inside joke, we'd love nothing more than to rehash it for you for 25 pages.

Yes Fitz we want you!

Well I think it's a movie reference..? Could be wrong?

And :lol:

Now we're coming across as desperate. :lol:

Anyway, great new song. Vintage Thom rhythms and vocals on there.

The only good thing to come out of the Twilight franchise was that Thom solo song Hearing Damage.

That is really, terribly wrong. :tsk:

It's funny - I skimmed the book and it was, of course, horrible. The movie was bad, but I think had it not come from such a shitty book, I think it would have made a much better movie. Like, it was nowhere near the level of bad that the book was.

It's not. I think he's getting the Tombstone avatar / love mixed up with the musket thing. I think that spawned from a random comment NSW made once about Utah (saying I still have to acquire my dinner with a musket, or something like that).

But yeah, Cobbz, if you haven't seen Tombstone before, you should. You will learn everything you need to know about America in 2 hours.

I'm liking this Default song quite a bit, despite not knowing or recognizing a single word of the lyrics after having heard it 4 times.

I'm liking this Default song quite a bit, despite not knowing or recognizing a single word of the lyrics after having heard it 4 times.

He's singing in Thomlandic.

Hai
It's like my miiii
And
I felt completely feee
triiiii
ooong to a cleeeee
I leff my
laadd eeez aaayy
I got stuck

and so on.

u2popmofo said:
It's not. I think he's getting the Tombstone avatar / love mixed up with the musket thing. I think that spawned from a random comment NSW made once about Utah (saying I still have to acquire my dinner with a musket, or something like that).

But yeah, Cobbz, if you haven't seen Tombstone before, you should. You will learn everything you need to know about America in 2 hours.

Well there you go folks, don't listen to me explain the jokes :lol:

Flea is so cool.

I didn't think it was necessary a Tombstone reference, so much as it fits nicely with the avatar.

The musket thing happened just because Utah is stuck in the past I think. Now NSW isn't around to correct me though.

Generally speaking, I don't fuck with remixes. The new single is getting a 12" next week though.

corianderstem said:
The only good thing to come out of the Twilight franchise was that Thom solo song Hearing Damage.

1. 'Hearing Damage' :drool: :drool: :combust: ;
2. That "New Moon" soundtrack album is FANTASTIC start to finish!!! (Well, maybe except for that Death Cab For Cutie track because I really dislike them.); and
3. "Twilight" series: as far as tweengirl fiction goes, it's the only tweengirl fiction I've ever read and I was, for the most part, entertained. At least enough so that I finished the series. (Although that last book draaaaaaaaaaged!)

I've still only heard that song once because it's impossible to buy without buying the entire album.

Friggin' Twilight.

Is there a separate thread for Thom Yorke/Atoms For Peace?

If there is, my apologies, but anyway: [new]: Atoms For Peace – Default | We All Want Someone To Shout For

I listened to it last night for the first time and think it's brilliant! I have it on repeat during work this morning and love it.

I'm seeing Radiohead in Berlin on 29 September. Really happy about it. For a while it looked as if I would miss out on them again because the show I had originally planned to see back in July was cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom