More New Music Rumors and Such...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we have the makings of a very strong U2 album here. In no particular order...
Stingray
Every Breaking Wave
Glastonbury
North Star
Mercy
A Boy Falls From The Sky (why not?)

I just hope they don't overcook them in the studio.

Oh, hey, it's Friday! When do we get to hear one of the Spider-Man songs, if they haven't done it already?

Check the Spiderman musical thread. Haven't been there yet, but considering it's after 11 on the east coast, I'm sure there are videos and junk already.

Now maybe I'm just being silly, but maybe they're not pretending it's new, but rather they're doing this because they're aware Mercy has been a fan favourite for a long time, you know this being the age of the Internet and social media.

ya know, i would actually buy this if i u2 was the type of band who often played rare song in their setlist for the diehards. but they aren't.

Now maybe I'm just being silly, but maybe they're not pretending it's new, but rather they're doing this because they're aware Mercy has been a fan favourite for a long time, you know this being the age of the Internet and social media.

Considering it had a few musical changes and some lyrics changed, it qualifies as new well enough.

Aside from, y'know, being an unreleased song that less than a modicule of U2 fandom worldwide even knew/knows about.

But yeah...that lazy U2 keeps on premiering new material live on tour.

That's alright there, young main, that's allllriiight.

king5.jpg

Considering it had a few musical changes and some lyrics changed, it qualifies as new well enough.

Aside from, y'know, being an unreleased song that less than a modicule of U2 fandom worldwide even knew/knows about.

question... is there anything u2 has ever done that you didn't have a defense for?

if bono kicked a puppy, would you attempt to justify it?

Agreed. People might not like the new songs, might not like the sounds, but credit where credit is due. This is a radical departure for a conservative - or at least heavily self-image conscious - band like U2.

Phew. I'm happy that's been 'wasted' on the Spiderman thing rather than keeping it for a new record. Never really did anything for me when I heard it in those 2006 beach clips. Still doesn't. It's just a little dull, really. And our singer here is too bland too do anything more with it in any case.

question... is there anything u2 has ever done that you didn't have a defense for?

if bono kicked a puppy, would you attempt to justify it?
what did she say that was incorrect or far fetched?

I know you have to get just the right amount of snark in your posts
and I can appreciate that
but this was quite ridiculous

I do understand why people like Mercy, but I really don't understand why people think it's the second coming.

Because it's an unreleased song and many fans feel that U2 is throwing away their good stuff and only putting crappy versions on their albums, that's why all the discarded and alternative song versions are better :wink:

Seriously, I like Mercy, but it's too long, too repetitive and doesn't have a proper structure. Lyrically, I'm fine with most of it. A longer Edge solo would be fine, overall I love his guitar on the song.

I appreciate U2 reworking the song, I'm surprised they even remember Mercy, but the "new" version as heard in rehearsals doesn't do much for me. It sounds like a mess with Bono having no clues about lyrics and just improvising.

ok 2 things:

1) I thought musical singers were meant to enunciate. Can someone tell me what the fuck any of those lyrics were?

2) When does the real (U2) version come out :hyper:???

the song falls apart about halfway through..........either that or i need a hearing aide. cant understand anything that kid says. cant u2 write an ending?

the song falls apart about halfway through..........either that or i need a hearing aide. cant understand anything that kid says. cant u2 write an ending?

So because you can't hear, U2 can't write an ending?

You can't hear.

Or the "kid" can't enunciate.

Regardless it was only written by two members of U2...

None of this post makes sense.

I shouldn't do this, but I'm gonna defend the kid here:

This sounds much better than 402. The song has changed for the better.

Did the kid put on a great performance? No. But he's used to performing in theatres that seat hundreds, as opposed to the millions nationwide who watch Good Morning America and all of YouTube. Also, he's given choreography on Broadway, not on GMA. He's an actor, not a rock star. He doesn't have rock star stage presence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom