More New Album talk from the Space Moon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ. What the hell is wrong with the both of you? Just can't help throw a little barb in. Just can't help but respond in kind.

I'm pretty sure that last time you two decided to have a little feud I mentioned that my patience for your childish bickering had worn thin. Guess you didn't get the point.

No. Superbowl ad / snippet of lead single will get millions of viewers within seconds/minutes.

Since they're aiming for US audiences, this is absolutely the best choice.

World Cup makes zero sense (they absolutely do have ads) since America, their main market, doesn't care about the most popular team sport in the world.

Worldcup has no commercials during game play. Pre game, half time, and post game.

And I fucking love worldcup. And championsleaguefinals as well. And I'm a big fan of the Barclayspremierleague. Manchesterunited is my favorite team.

I also enjoy watching theworldseries and thenbafinals. Not as big of a fan of thestanleycupfinals though.

Perhaps U2 can do a television advertisement at the tostitosfiestabowl.

Plus, wurldkup commercials are specific to their tiny little countries. Sooperbowlz get 110m all at once.

As an aside, female athletes are every bit as tough as male athletes, and in fact some of the more "girl" sports like, say, gymnastics or ice skating, are miles more difficult than football, American or otherwise (rugby too ... Though women's rugby is popular in American universities). Less violent, sure, but it's much easier to be a 300lb man throwing yourself at another 300lb man than it is to flip and twist a half dozen times on a balance beam.

As an aside, female athletes are every bit as tough as male athletes, and in fact some of the more "girl" sports like, say, gymnastics or ice skating, are miles more difficult than football, American or not. Less violent, sure, but it's much easier to be a 300lb man throwing yourself at another 300lb man than it is to flip and twist a half dozen times on a balance beam.

I'm glad that someone said this.

Plus, wurldkup commercials are specific to their tiny little countries. Sooperbowlz get 110m all at once.

As an aside, female athletes are every bit as tough as male athletes, and in fact some of the more "girl" sports like, say, gymnastics or ice skating, are miles more difficult than football, American or otherwise (rugby too ... Though women's rugby is popular in American universities). Less violent, sure, but it's much easier to be a 300lb man throwing yourself at another 300lb man than it is to flip and twist a half dozen times on a balance beam.

:up:

Christ. What the hell is wrong with the both of you? Just can't help throw a little barb in. Just can't help but respond in kind.

I'm pretty sure that last time you two decided to have a little feud I mentioned that my patience for your childish bickering had worn thin. Guess you didn't get the point.

I think banning Nick66 would solve the problem. :)

I don't know what's going on, but I *think*, in the US market, the Super Bowl attracts a larger audience then Letterman on a random Tuesday? Or have I got the whole point of promotion somehow wrong?

:applaud: thank you. I get tired of girly=bad, manly=Good. But, you know, whatever. Yay, go football.

It's not like this is going to be the only promo. Album promo these days has been extensive, with teaser videos, secret shows, teaser tracks. And given that this is U2, I'd imagine this promo will be global. The possible Super Bowl commercial would just be one part of this.

This.

We're in an age where a promo for a band like U2 gets to you if even if you're taking your bodily functions under a palm tree in Papua New Guinea, of course if the promo is meant to be big. And I'm not talking just about reaching only their fans/network followers, just to clarify.

Super Bowl is just one important extra window for a BIG audience/market, as many underlined.

I don't know what's going on, but I *think*, in the US market, the Super Bowl attracts a larger audience then Letterman on a random Tuesday? Or have I got the whole point of promotion somehow wrong?

This is so spot on it's not even funny!

Well done.

And, just as an aside, I'm pretty sure the billboard article didn't say that the ONLY marketing the band would be doing would be during the super bowl.

Just sayin....

I wonder what kind of angle there're gonna take for that super bowl ad.Announcing the release date of the album? first 30 seconds of the lead single and then all over the radio the next morning?

I wonder what kind of angle there're gonna take for that super bowl ad.Announcing the release date of the album? first 30 seconds of the lead single and all over the radio the next morning?

I'm thinking this. But I could see them saying "pre-order the new album at iTunes now and get a free download of the new single."

Can still be both March and April - Friday 28th March in Ireland, Monday 31st March UK/Europe and Tuesday 1st April in USA.

I remember the good old days, I was in the army, before I met u2 or Paul McGuinness, and I was just a regular guy fan type boy. I was this and that. But damn, I was...

So I remember 'Details' magazine had a deal on U2, and they were the shit. There was naked butts and breasts in this books if I recall correctly. This may or may not have been before I went marlon brando on the villagers. Anyway, U2 had 'achtung baby' and 'zooropa' and Pearl Jam had ' 10' and 'Vs'.

Where the hell am I going with this? Don't know..other than....I always gave the upper hand to U2. But, this damn song has taken my heart out and replaced it with my organ donor card in the middle of a drone war with lightning firing from above, hell and fire and brimstone, to hell with the ones caught in the pool cover

this song

"Sirens" (Official Music Video) - Pearl Jam - YouTube

call me a bitch

ill call you back

bitch

I remember the good old days, I was in the army, before I met u2 or Paul McGuinness, and I was just a regular guy fan type boy. I was this and that. But damn, I was...

So I remember 'Details' magazine had a deal on U2, and they were the shit. There was naked butts and breasts in this books if I recall correctly. This may or may not have been before I went marlon brando on the villagers. Anyway, U2 had 'achtung baby' and 'zooropa' and Pearl Jam had ' 10' and 'Vs'.

Where the hell am I going with this? Don't know..other than....I always gave the upper hand to U2. But, this damn song has taken my heart out and replaced it with my organ donor card in the middle of a drone war with lightning firing from above, hell and fire and brimstone, to hell with the ones caught in the pool cover

this song

"Sirens" (Official Music Video) - Pearl Jam - YouTube

call me a bitch

ill call you back

bitch

I listened to this song on a loop for a fortnight. Have never been the biggest Pearl Jam fan but this song has the lot craft, lyrics high above Bono's current range and the most spine tingling vocal performance I have heard, since hearing One for the first time.

Maybe I am just getting soppy in my old age but I don't know if U2 are capable of writing a song that takes over your soul and wonder what life was like before Sirens.

Really? I thought those lyrics were pretty unremarkable and I thought Bono (despite his average form in the past decade) wrote better on some songs the last album.

Really? I thought those lyrics were pretty unremarkable and I thought Bono (despite his average form in the past decade) wrote better on some songs the last album.

A song about impending death and love he still feels, he sings: before you were here, I danced in laughter with the ever after. But all things change let this remain. Mighty lyrics to me.

Last edited:
Just on the world cup thing, im from the uk and the attitude here at half time is to get a beer,go for a leak,get a pie etc etc etc nobody watches the half time stuff.

If you watch a soccer/football game at half time the stadium empties because people go elsewhere.

Its the same at home you wait till half time to do what you want to do, where as in America people love to watch the adverts,its a different culture

Just on the world cup thing, im from the uk and the attitude here at half time is to get a beer,go for a leak,get a pie etc etc etc nobody watches the half time stuff.

If you watch a soccer/football game at half time the stadium empties because people go elsewhere.

Its the same at home you wait till half time to do what you want to do, where as in America people love to watch the adverts,its a different culture

Okay... Americans don't love to watch commercials. We hate them, actually.

This is a one time unique event where companies make special commercials, many of them humorous in nature, specifically to draw the attention of such a large audience. That's why it's become an event into its self to watch the commercials. Not because we just looooooove advertisements.

^ Yes. In a way the Super Bowl is a throwback event that resembles the way TV used to work. Huge numbers of people across all demographics watching in real time on broadcast TV- it's an advertizing and shared-culture opportunity that hardly exists anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom