More New Album talk from the Space Moon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
YBOR (ee-boar) City - is in Tampa, pretty neat area of restaurants and clubs that I frequented back in the day.

CityOBL - City Of Blinding Lights.

This is the one and only message board that I am on. My computer unsavvy-ness is on display for all of you everyday. I "followed" this board as a non-member for years before I decided to "jump in". I'm not sure if it was in a haze of being hungover or maybe I got into a real wild batch of some hooch, but somewhere in my delirium I came up with this stupid username. There are many reasons it is stupid.....
1>. While YBOR City is a fun place to visit I don't frequent this place at all anymore.
2>. While City Of Blinding Lights is a good song it wouldn't even appear in my top 25 songs
3>. Lastly..... Why did I do this in all CAPS - I LOOK AT IT NOW AND IT BOTHERS THE SHIT OUTTA ME.
4>. A business man of my ilk shouldn't be on a U2 message my pursuits should be placed in other areas. I've had a number of IT guys that I've employed over the years question me for being on this website and it has caused some weird comments like "U2? That's a band my Parents or Grandparents listen too."
5>. I would be willing to pay Sicy or any other Admin to change this stupid name but I'm prolly stuck with it....

... so if it bothers all of you I apologize but know it bothers me 100x worse.

Makes sense about the origins. Nah it doesn't bother me any more than in the sense of me not being able to figure it out.

I think at one point there was an offer on where you could petition to have your name shortened or changed - one time deal kinda thing if memory serves. Many of us with very short names effected the change at that time. Maybe if you haven't done it once yet, you'd be a candidate for a request? Again, it doesn't bother me but if you wish you could change it, there could be a way..

PS don't worry about the company you're keeping here. We're all wildly successful professionals who just happen to have obscene amounts of spare time to post thoughts on a dinosaur act on an almost fossilized message board. You're in good hands.
:wink:

Makes sense about the origins. Nah it doesn't bother me any more than in the sense of me not being able to figure it out.

I think at one point there was an offer on where you could petition to have your name shortened or changed - one time deal kinda thing if memory serves. Many of us with very short names effected the change at that time. Maybe if you haven't done it once yet, you'd be a candidate for a request? Again, it doesn't bother me but if you wish you could change it, there could be a way..

PS don't worry about the company you're keeping here. We're all wildly successful professionals who just happen to have obscene amounts of spare time to post thoughts on a dinosaur act on an almost fossilized message board. You're in good hands.
:wink:

I wish to add one comment. When those "young IT" guys start questioning your love of U2, ask them what artists they like. Then laugh hysterically at their idiotic choices. :wink: Most likely they either really do like crap or they like a band that was influenced by U2 (and there are many). Given that U2 still has a huge audience that is desperate for a new release, this is hardly a band of the past (at least not yet).

DM briefly talks the new record here, around the 2h26 mark.
BBC Radio 6 Music - Lauren Laverne, With Broken Bells.

he clarifies that Broken Bells is his main gig these days. but he says "I have been [working with U2]" and that the work is an "ongoing process."

I suppose this serves as proof that he's still a primary producer.

if we care to over-analyze, he says "have been" working with U2. In the past tense.

interestingly, Broken Bells will tour next year. Would be a cool opening act.

Sounds odd, i mean u2 were meant to be finishing the album this month, but if Danger Mouse is saying it's "ongoing" but that he's not doing anything other than broken bells "for the foreseeable future", that doesn't bode well for a u2 album coming out anytime soon, does it?

Sounds odd, i mean u2 were meant to be finishing the album this month, but if Danger Mouse is saying it's "ongoing" but that he's not doing anything other than broken bells "for the foreseeable future", that doesn't bode well for a u2 album coming out anytime soon, does it?

It may mean that the album is more or less finished.

if we care to over-analyze, he says "have been" working with U2. In the past tense.

I'm probably wrong about the purest version of the grammar here, but most times if someone asks us "what have you been up to this last bit" we say "I've been working with.." even if we're still currently working with them. I guess "I'm working with..." answers the present tense better, but it doesn't really answer both current and the time leading up to it, whereas "I have been.." kindof does. And he does clarify that it's still ongoing.

Perhaps a more purely past tense phrase ie, in the past and finished would be "I was.."

I'm probably wrong about the purest version of the grammar here, but most times if someone asks us "what have you been up to this last bit" we say "I've been working with.." even if we're still currently working with them. I guess "I'm working with..." answers the present tense better, but it doesn't really answer both current and the time leading up to it, whereas "I have been.." kindof does. And he does clarify that it's still ongoing.

Perhaps a more purely past tense phrase ie, in the past and finished would be "I was.."

I genuinely love that you took the time to say this. :up:

I genuinely love that you took the time to say this. :up:

Yeah I can be such a grammar geek sometimes..even though I get it wrong alot (most annoyingly, I'd imagine, in the gratuitous use of run on sentences lol!!)

I also type at an inhuman rate of 371 wpm, so there's that :lol:

PS I agree about Broken Bells being a possibility. Why not, right? I promise I won't read a book during the set, either.

What jumps out to me that Burton said in the radio interview with some emphasis on 'HAVE been' answering the question from the radio DJ Lauren "You've been working with U2 right?"

"I HAVE been...it's an ongoing process but... Broken Bells is my main gig now really, so now that it's back into full swing, that's what is in front of me for the foreseeable future so we'll see what happens"

This is my thinking- If Burton is indeed the main producer of this album and he says that his main gig is Broken Bells for the foreseeable future, that feels like a hint that things are ready for the U2 album IMO. With a job the magnitude of producing an album for U2, I find it hard to believe Burton can commit to his own work with Mercer and do their 'main gig' without having completed the majority of his production work with the boys.

Yeah I can be such a grammar geek sometimes..even though I get it wrong alot (most annoyingly, I'd imagine, in the gratuitous use of run on sentences lol!!)

I also type at an inhuman rate of 371 wpm, so there's that :lol:

PS I agree about Broken Bells being a possibility. Why not, right? I promise I won't read a book during the set, either.

371 wpm! jesus.

I used to teach typing at a Business school. The best I'd see was 120wpm

I think Blue Room posted every one of these songs before, I've heard all of this.

LOL that would be hilarious if the album doesn't come out in 2014. Just saying....I would laugh. :wink:

DM has been working on it and it's an ongoing concern. Maybe the album is an ongoing concern but he's done with it? Maybe they've brought in Lillywhite to remove everything good about it. Or maybe U2 decided that spending 10% of their time working is too taxing these days and they've decided to spend time doing nothing in the Netherlands :wink:.

It's likely that the album is being mixed and mastered. I hope Flood is doing the mixing. He did a fantastic job with Delta Machine and Let England Shake...and everything else he's ever done, particularly with U2. He's their secret weapon. Achtung wouldn't have been nearly as good without him mixing it. Eno and Lanois get too much credit. I think ATYCLB and NLOTH would have been much better with Flood doing the mixes.

Hello ,

Thank you for contacting Live Nation Member Services. You have 18 days to renew. I would recommend waiting a little while.

If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Barbara.

So... new u2.com offer this month.

Via U2BR

It may mean that the album is more or less finished.

The optimist in me reads it as "U2 are going through their usual spat of last-minute drama and crisis when an album nears completion, and they've kept a producer on to help with the process of crossing i's, dotting t'a! polishing the brass and whatever else the band gets nervous about when crunch time comes - and thankfully, this time, that producer is still DM and not Lillywhite".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom