More Europe dates in 2011, album out in late 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aviva Stadium looks beautiful:

aviva_257926a.jpg

If U2 do have a new album out this fall, they'll definitely want to promote it in Europe. I think a possible 3rd European leg could include the following:

Ireland- 2 shows
Belfast
Scotland
Manchester
Sunderland
London- 1/2 shows, depending on the album's success
Amsterdam- 2 shows
Oslo
Stockholm
Prague
Maybe 1 show in Germany??
Paris
1 show somewhere else in France?
Madrid
Udine, Italy- Haven't been that way yet this tour, and Stadio Friuli has a 40,000-ish capacity, so they might sell it out
1 show somewhere Baltic? St. Petersburg, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Belarus?
Budapest
Bucharest
Belgrade
Israel?
Cairo?

I count 24 possibilities there, which is about the right size for a 360 tour leg. Obviously all of these shows won't happen, but I can see a good bit of this happening. By the end of this, I would surely think demand would be absolutely dried up for U2 for a couple years.

It would be cool if they'd come to Prague.... because it's the capital city of my country :D but I don't think they'll come here. I think they'll maybe come to Germany or Poland :hmm:

Just thought of this, but what about a triumphant return to Sarajevo? I'm no expert, but I think they would either have Belgrade or Sarajevo, not both.

In which case I vote for Belgrade. Nothing against Sarajevo, BUT they already got to see them...Zagreb got them last year and Belgrade never had them... and not mention it is my hometown. I would most def. be flying down for that :applaud:

And we have a CONFIRMED Rumour guys! :hyper:
157087491-513fbccd12c458fcc0eb504c9161345e.4c83e8b0-scaled.jpg

Though no way they're doing that October THIS year. :lol: There's far too little time for ticket sales and everything.

October next year ? The last show of the 2011 US leg is in July...so if Europe leg is later, will potential S. American/Japan/ROW shows happen in the Spring of 2011 ?

Larry was saying last year he'd like to end the tour in Ireland...

In which case I vote for Belgrade. Nothing against Sarajevo, BUT they already got to see them...Zagreb got them last year and Belgrade never had them... and not mention it is my hometown. I would most def. be flying down for that :applaud:

I hope so to, my best friend is Serbian and lives in Belgrade, so I would go 100%.

October in Ireland? That just doesn't sound right. But then again, Europe in September/October is a risk anyway, unless they're only playing in the southern countries.

If it's October, I'm going to be doing this: :doh:

Quit messing around with my vacation plans, boys! :madwife:

The article is not very clear as to which year. I believe they are talking about October of 2011. Yes the U.S. leg ends July 23 2011, but by the time another European leg starts it will be around mid to late august and since they want to end the tour in dublin the other dates will take place in late august, september and then dublin early october. Or, they throw the other possible euro leg out the door and play aviva stadium 5 days or so after Rome. I bet they could easily sell out two shows there even if it was announced two weeks in advance. We're lookin at 120,000 tickets, not 245,000 like Croke Park does.

Strange but I can find no other mention of these October gigs in Dublin anywhere other than the U2Gigs twitter stream - not even on the Irish Independant website... Anyone got any other links?

The new Lansdowne Road isnt a great stadium at all, just like Croke Park there will be no crowd behind the stage as pathetically there are only about 12 rows of seats at the northern end (the part conveniently left out of the above photograph). Also of concern is the fact that the massive trusses holding up the roof actually block many peoples view of the pitch when they are in the upper tier so I can only imagine how badly the view of the Claw would be restricted from certain points. It's an example of a stadium thats been made to look good from the outside but the designers forgot that the most important thing is the atmosphere and sightlines inside. I hate the place - Aviva my a**!!

For me having no audience behind the stage completely killed the atmosphere of the Croke Park gigs last year as did the fact that it was basically daylight for the entire concert thus diminishing the effect of the lighting.

the irish star newspaper apparently reported that u2 will be soon announcing two gigs in Dublin this october 2010.

Yeah, I find it hard to believe they're going to announce a show with a month notice. This is the sell tickets 12-15 months before a show band.

I wouldn't mind if it were 2010, because then it's off the table for me and I wouldn't have to stress about changing my vacation plans for it. :reject:

If they didn't have to postpone N.A. this year, then I could go back to Dublin. :sigh:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom