Montreal I Party, and maybe a Setlist Watch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ruffian said:

I so wish I could hear them--it's about time for some good opening bands (though I liked Keane and Institute :up: )
btw, hi everyone! :wave:

things got screwed up for me and I totally forgot Arcade Fire was playing Summer stage in Central Park {nyc} in early Sept and I didn't realize till 2 daYS AFTER :madspit: :mad:

i would of sat/stood outsdie but I could have heard them :madspit: :madspit:

KhanadaRhodes said:

:tsk: my mom took me to see popmart! some parents :down:

I can't complain too much, my stepmom and grandma drove me up to Minneapolis to see them. At the time, I was 15 and without a license, but now, I have the license and a car, so travel could be done without parents :hyper:

ruffian said:
:lmao:

were you GA in Atlanta? I didn't get to meet you! :grumpy:
Nope, I spent all of both days waiting in line for stupid ticket drops, but they never released any GA's while I was there.

The first night I was literally in the very top row, right next to the spotlight operators. It was pretty funny, but still cool, because I got to meet a bunch of guys that day from Latin America who worked for CNN.

Hola, CNN crew, if you're peeking in.

Second night was a major pain, they didn't release a single ticket until after the openers had started, and when I was up there, they only had $160 seats. The BLIND RETARD manning the ticket window couldn't see the faded out signature on my credit card, so I had to spend $160 cash! Leaving me with almost nothing to last me all of this past week down in Texas. :mad: I was pretty pissed at that dude, but at least I got to see the show. So I can't complain that much.

Since I'm skipping Boston, the only remaining possibilities for me this year are Cleveland, St Louis, and Omaha.

U2Fanatic4ever said:

yeah i know...where is ONE at the end of the main set... ?
Trying to find that out will get back to y'all...

If the last song you posted was Pride, One is still to come...

U2Fanatic4ever said:

yeah i know...where is ONE at the end of the main set... ?
Trying to find that out will get back to y'all...

heyheyhey
no
no
no
ok?
ok

I thought for some reason Love and Peace was skipped, I don't know why, I don't think I've had any spiked drinks tonight

KhanadaRhodes said:
i agree! i hope some pictures of this surface :love:

Ditto.
I'm sure we'll see some soon.

You know, I was waiting for some fan action with lights to happen.

And can I just say I was kinda surprised to see that there weren't many people with glow sticks, glow bracelets, blinky lights etc to the concerts I went too.

Maybe it's kinda out to do this.
What do I know?
I don't go to concerts very often.

I was a Christmas Tree however.
;)
Just kidding.

I was wearing what I have by now called my Vertigo bracelet. It has see through round plastic beads and there are 3 strategically placed red blinking lights, so it looks like all the beads are lighting up.

And then I had a necklace with a plastic see through heart hanging on it, which had a blue blinking light.
I only had that on for certain songs though (like Sometimes and Love and Peace).

Didn't wanna annoy the people around me too much.
Which I think I did any way, with all my dancing, jumping and screaming!

:reject:

I saw the bracelet and necklace at a dollar store and was like: O, what the heck! Let's see what they look like.

I mean for a dollar, I just couldn't resist.

onebloodonelife said:
I can't complain too much, my stepmom and grandma drove me up to Minneapolis to see them. At the time, I was 15 and without a license, but now, I have the license and a car, so travel could be done without parents :hyper:
that's good :D

LemonMacPhisto said:

heyheyhey
no
no
no
ok?
ok

I thought for some reason Love and Peace was skipped, I don't know why, I don't think I've had any spiked drinks tonight

I slipped you some pills earlier :shh: It's okay, you'll go to sleep very soon...

cleazer said:
Nope, I spent all of both days waiting in line for stupid ticket drops, but they never released any GA's while I was there.

The first night I was literally in the very top row, right next to the spotlight operators. It was pretty funny, but still cool, because I got to meet a bunch of guys that day from Latin America who worked for CNN.

Hola, CNN crew, if you're peeking in.

Second night was a major pain, they didn't release a single ticket until after the openers had started, and when I was up there, they only had $160 seats. The BLIND RETARD manning the ticket window couldn't see the faded out signature on my credit card, so I had to spend $160 cash! Leaving me with almost nothing to last me all of this past week down in Texas. :mad: I was pretty pissed at that dude, but at least I got to see the show. So I can't complain that much.

Since I'm skipping Boston, the only remaining possibilities for me this year are Cleveland, St Louis, and Omaha.
god, i heard the box office was a nightmare--a friend of mine wrote a complaint and sent it to Principle and to the venue. So many scalpers who hired homeless people to also stand in line. So fans were not really able to get tickets. I know three people who got GAs for the second night; they won tickets for the first night by participating in a radio competition (a "name that song" kind of contest about u2).

I'll be at all the shows in December except Charlotte, so see you another time--if I manage tickets.

Diane, are you selling a GA for Boston?

onebloodonelife said:

I slipped you some pills earlier :shh: It's okay, you'll go to sleep very soon...

I knew that iced tea didn't taste right!

no matter, I'll just go back to my Underground Celebrity Mud Wrestling Ring in my basement until I crash :wink:

Full setlist/summary so far... (where's Lila tonight? :) )

City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo (un, deux, trois, quatorze...)
Elevation
I Will Follow
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Beautiful Day
Original of the Species (dedicated to friends who just had a baby boy, Bono wants them to name him Bono but didn't think that would happen)
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (Bono changed some lyrics, seems Montreal did a fan action, with plastic lighted flowers!)
Love and Peace or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet the Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride
Where the Streets Have No Name

KhanadaRhodes said:

that's good :D

...and I did get Adam to sign my shirt....in a kind of sensitive area :shh: but it's now my most prized possession. The $150 I paid for GA was well worth it, plus I got to skip school :happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom