Montreal #2 Setlist and Burrito Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:hmm:

So it must be a torture to be a fan when you spend so much time on a band you think it hasn´t released almost nothing good in 20 years. feel kinda sorry for you

I have to agree with you on this. Unfortunately many of the most vocal parasites on this site are like this too.

Love that Edge sang all of Lucifer's Hands as well as Bono. Worked well.

12 of 15 of all the unique sons released as part of the SOI period (invisible onwards). Just Reach Around, SLABT, and Crystal Ballroom to go

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

First time performance and it was awesome!

Edge was really into it, he remembered all the words by heart and played it very well on guitar. Great to see him more involved in vocals, new songs need it!

Bloody hell! I hope this is tongue firmly in cheek.

No..? All Because of You is a terrible song. COBL is a great song that can stay in the set. Always good. Cool visuals too. If they were to replace it with something, there are probably 100 songs that would be better choices than ABOY.

If you combine Vertigo (baby babble plus Bono's constant sloganeering) with 360 (two-thirds of Zooropa) they could do it easily... but sadly most likely will not.

Mother and Child Reunion (Snippet) / Zoo Babble (Snippet) / Zooropa > Streets

I have to agree with you on this. Unfortunately many of the most vocal parasites on this site are like this too.

Agreeing of feeling sorry for someone who still enjoys the majority of U2's output and still enjoys hanging around with people discussing stuff about that?

Gee, horrible, horrible life Ax must lead..

Drove back to Toronto after the show so I'm exhausted but that was easily one of the best u2 shows I've ever seen. But u2 in Montreal never disappoints. The crowd is very loud and energetic and the band kept saying 'wow', 'oh my God' and was clearly feeding off the energy.

The guy pulled up to play guitar is, like Mark Baker, well known in the Toronto U2 community. I'm glad Bono didn't ask him where he was from lest the crowd start booing again.
A riot would have broken out between these hockey rivals, lol.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using U2 Interference mobile app

No..? All Because of You is a terrible song. COBL is a great song that can stay in the set. Always good. Cool visuals too. If they were to replace it with something, there are probably 100 songs that would be better choices than ABOY.

hahaha! yeah ive never understood all because of you. that stupid bloody way too loud guitar at the start makes it a bad song in the first few seconds and god the lyrics make me cringe every time.

Sick set tonight, very cool show and awesome crowd! bring back at least one of gone/mofo/miami/please before you get to Melbourne and ill be happy as larry

Oh, SURE U2. The one night I go out and have a social life instead of hanging out online following the shows, you play something cool.

Jerks. :angry:

Just watched the video - dang! Pretty damned good!

really love this version of Lucifer's Hands. another song that like Volcano, deserves a slot in the set outside of the e-stage.

they really need to extend the e-stage bit. so short and there's so much possibility there.

great setlist overall last night though, especially adding Bad. let's hope they keep it up.

and also...the Reach/Crystal Ballroom/Discotheque and Zooropa ideas are pretty much the best things ever.

My friend was holding up a sign about Crystal Ballroom and had talked to Bono about it earlier in the day,hence Bono's mention of it during the show. A few of us then started chanting Crystal Ballroom and Adam burst out laughing like it was the most random request in the world so I didn't get the impression it's even on their radar. Hope I'm reading too much into it.

My friend was holding up a sign about Crystal Ballroom and had talked to Bono about it earlier in the day,hence Bono's mention of it during the show. A few of us then started chanting Crystal Ballroom and Adam burst out laughing like it was the most random request in the world so I didn't get the impression it's even on their radar. Hope I'm reading too much into it.

ETA I stand corrected. My friend just informed me that a crew member told him the band rehearsed Crystal Ballroom and the crew went nuts.

Yeah but the Pacific Northwest Green Pepper Festival comes but once a year and you certainly didn't want to miss out.

buffy.gif

The possibility of a little surprise every show is a nice treat. I know the static set likely won't change all that much, but the show is still great in person. Plus any appearance of Bad is a win! :hyper:

That said, Stingray stinks, and so does Lucifer's Hands.

The possibility of a little surprise every show is a nice treat. I know the static set likely won't change all that much, but the show is still great in person. Plus any appearance of Bad is a win! :hyper:

That said, Stingray stinks, and so does Lucifer's Hands.

Agreed, I think it works for the time being.

really love this version of Lucifer's Hands. another song that like Volcano, deserves a slot in the set outside of the e-stage.

they really need to extend the e-stage bit. so short and there's so much possibility there.

great setlist overall last night though, especially adding Bad. let's hope they keep it up.

and also...the Reach/Crystal Ballroom/Discotheque and Zooropa ideas are pretty much the best things ever.

Exactly. The more of new songs, the better. The band is into it and not going on aoutopilot like in the warhorses.

The only problem is people like Axver will be pissed off...

Let's dwell on the fact that too many of you guys are song snobs and anything new will never compare to the old. I think All Because of You is a great song. It's fun and loaded with energy and would be great on the e stage following Angel of Harlem. Bring it back and ditch COBL

Were you there tonight? I honestly didn't think having the crowd sing it was good. It lost a lot of energy I thought. It's much better with Bono singing it i my opinion.

Even sticking to the Pop-Present list of the songs that could be played there's a good couple dozen songs they could do before even considering ABOY.

I'd rather hear ABOY with it's original "Blow Your House Down" lyrics from Achtung era. I was NOT happy after hearing ABOY for the first time since it ruined a very promising early 90's guitar part.

I've personally attended enough phoned in versions of ONE/WOWY that I'd frankly prefer XX,XXX enthusiastic fans singing it than Bono at this point. A touring string section might help those songs on this tour.

The band should really take note that no matter how snarky fans get on the internet, nobody is taking issue with Lucifer's Hands being a work in progress rehearsal wise.

Even sticking to the Pop-Present list of the songs that could be played there's a good couple dozen songs they could do before even considering ABOY.

I'd rather hear ABOY with it's original "Blow Your House Down" lyrics from Achtung era. I was NOT happy after hearing ABOY for the first time since it ruined a very promising early 90's guitar part.

I've personally attended enough phoned in versions of ONE/WOWY that I'd frankly prefer XX,XXX enthusiastic fans singing it than Bono at this point. A touring string section might help those songs on this tour.

Am I the only one who is missing the connection between All Because Of You and She´s Gonna Blow Your House Down?

I´m very happy they included Ordinary Love into the setlist, but it is upsetting how the band performing it. Except Bono. He saves it. He puts an enormous effort into it and does a very good job in his very difficult part. I don´t get why Edge doesn´t join him in chorus, it would sound much better. Back in the early days Edge supported Bono more in backing vocals and it worked pretty well. Also Adam and Larry hold back and play just in a very restrained way. I hope they will work on it in the future, but I´m afraid it will follow Every breaking Wav/Ground Beneath Her Feet route...
It never stops upsetting me when U2 insists so much on playing in acoustic mode when their biggest advantage is in sonic uniquness.

Back
Top Bottom