Montreal #2 Setlist and Burrito Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Let's dwell on the fact that too many of you guys are song snobs and anything new will never compare to the old. I think All Because of You is a great song. It's fun and loaded with energy and would be great on the e stage following Angel of Harlem. Bring it back and ditch COBL

I'm OK with the crowd karaoke version of ONE, especially if it's a way to bump up the show count to 25. Plus I'd much rather have an enthusiastic crowd sing the vocals than a lead singer that's been bored of the song for over a decade now.

Were you there tonight? I honestly didn't think having the crowd sing it was good. It lost a lot of energy I thought. It's much better with Bono singing it i my opinion.

Let's dwell on the fact that All Because of You has been played live as many times as such U2 classics as Stay and A Sort of Homecoming. There is no universe in which that is justifiable.

Hey ax, is this the earliest at a current album bside/non-album track has shown up on a tour? At least since, say, Satellite of Love

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I like All Because of You, especially the alternate version. Fun song, honestly think it'd work well on the b stage sort of like Elevation but I'd of course rather have a "rarity" like WLCTT, which was a fucking blast at LA4.

Let's dwell on the fact that too many of you guys are song snobs and anything new will never compare to the old. I think All Because of You is a great song. It's fun and loaded with energy and would be great on the e stage following Angel of Harlem. Bring it back and ditch COBL

Were you there tonight? I honestly didn't think having the crowd sing it was good. It lost a lot of energy I thought. It's much better with Bono singing it i my opinion.

Nooooooo, don't ditch COBL. Such a crowd pleaser, and I never tire of it.

Let's dwell on the fact that too many of you guys are song snobs and anything new will never compare to the old.

I think U2 have released almost nothing good since Pop, but it's debatable whether that means I'm a snob or I just don't share your taste.

(And, for the record, I'd say my touting of Cedarwood Road and Raised By Wolves - the latter of which I don't even like that much on SOI - as two of this tour's highlights gives the lie to your claim that I think nothing new can compare with the old.)

Hey ax, is this the earliest at a current album bside/non-album track has shown up on a tour? At least since, say, Satellite of Love

Well Invisible was there on the opening night and we've already had Ordinary Love too. :wink:

But no. Sweetest Thing, if you wish to count it, and The Ground Beneath Her Feet were both played on the opening night of Elevation.

They should have just stuck with Streets of Your Town.

No comment on this Ax?!

- Out of Control is so much better than Electric Co in my opinion
Things I'd like to see:
- All Because of You on the e stage

There are some opinions that are so very bad, they deserve to be mercilessly mocked. These are two of them. Congratulations, you go in the raffle with thedavidvescowhatever for worst opinions of 2015.

No comment on this Ax?!

Oh, well, suffice it to say that I agree wholeheartedly! Great song, great choice to end the Aussie Vertigo shows.

I'm trying to recall what they used at the Auckland Vertigo dates. I think they kept Streets of Your Town? They should totally use Poi E next time. In fact, Bono should snippet Poi E. Any other Kiwis here should agree with me that it would be hysterical, especially if Bono tries to copy Dalvanius's dancing.

There are some opinions that are so very bad, they deserve to be mercilessly mocked. These are two of them. Congratulations, you go in the raffle with thedavidvescowhatever for worst opinions of 2015.

:lol: :up:

I thought "One" was great tonight! It was very emotional and hearthelt. So what if Bono didn't sing the whole song?

Holy shit! I never expected Lucifers Hands to see the light of day.
Very pleasing !!:drool: This is a nice thing to wake up too.

Was in Ga last night and dead on centre back lower bowl tonight. 360 tour sound way better . Louder, more low end and clearer. Very disappointed as an audiophile :(

Well Invisible was there on the opening night and we've already had Ordinary Love too. :wink:

But no. Sweetest Thing, if you wish to count it, and The Ground Beneath Her Feet were both played on the opening night of Elevation.

Of course, forgot to add the non-singles caveat. B-sides and misc songs not singles/album tracks. I was thinking of Fast Cars on leg 3 of Vertigo.

That was a cool version of Lucifer's Hands. Sounded really great.

So I went to atU2 and they had a clip of the "new" song. So I played it hoping it would be Reach Me Now or Ballroom (SLABT was the only other new song not played yet....so I thought).

Needless to say, I was very surprised it was LH. I was even more surprised at how good it sounded. I mean, this is my least favorite song from the SOI sessions and yet it sounded better live then most of the new stuff.

- Discotheque open the encore

I would love an encore that starts with a full band version of The Crystal Ballroom that then leads into a full band version of Discotheque!

That would be one funky duo!!

No comment on this Ax?!

Don´t worry, the prize for the worst opinion is already yours for bashing Ordinary Love :wave:

:hmm:

So it must be a torture to be a fan when you spend so much time on a band you think it hasn´t released almost nothing good in 20 years. feel kinda sorry for you

Note when I signed up here. They had only one bad album under their belt at that stage, and Electrical Storm and The Ground Beneath Her Feet offered much promise.

(Plus, to my embarrassment now, I adored HTDAAB when it came out.)

By that point I had many friends here and worked on U2gigs. So you're all still stuck with me now.

Note when I signed up here. They had only one bad album under their belt at that stage, and Electrical Storm and The Ground Beneath Her Feet offered much promise.

(Plus, to my embarrassment now, I adored HTDAAB when it came out.)

By that point I had many friends here and worked on U2gigs. So you're all still stuck with me now.

Feet was a pre-ATYCLB single, no?

Anyway, it must be very frustrating for you to live in this U2 era. I remember how I suffered during Pop and ATYCLB period and at that time I thought the band would never recover from that. Fortunatelly, I was wrong :)

Feet was a pre-ATYCLB single, no?

Anyway, it must be very frustrating for you to live in this U2 era. I remember how I suffered during Pop and ATYCLB period and at that time I thought the band would never recover from that. Fortunatelly, I was wrong :)

Well, living in Australia, I have the edition of ATYCLB where TGBHF is the final track. So the album closer, plus a subsequent single (and, at the time, I also loved Walk On), suggested great things - which in 2004 I believed were fulfilled in HTDAAB, though probably by 2006 had turned my back on that view.

Anyway, I don't really care what U2 do now in terms of studio albums; I've already got the good music. In terms of live music, it's frustrating to see them miss many golden opportunities.

Pop was the awesomeness of all time!
It always been my favourite since day one (after the Achtung Baby, of course)

Still U2 treat POP like it's their biggest nightmare. Which I don't get at all. It makes me very sad :sad::sad:

I think the i+e Show concept is perfect for some POP Songs and would destroy the (dance)floor. Crystal Ballroom/Discotheque combo? I like that idea, CosmoKramer!

Montreal2: What a night, what a show! One of the best nights so far?
Lucifer's Hands... nice that they play that song. Did not see this coming!

Love that Edge sang all of Lucifer's Hands as well as Bono. Worked well.

12 of 15 of all the unique sons released as part of the SOI period (invisible onwards). Just Reach Around, SLABT, and Crystal Ballroom to go

Still U2 treat POP like it's their biggest nightmare. Which I don't get at all. It makes me very sad :sad::sad:

I think the i+e Show concept is perfect for some POP Songs and would destroy the (dance)floor. Crystal Ballroom/Discotheque combo? I like that idea, CosmoKramer!

Montreal2: What a night, what a show! One of the best nights so far?
Lucifer's Hands... nice that they play that song. Did not see this coming!

They can swap the opening of the 2nd set. One night Invisible + EBTTR + MW, the other night Reach me now + crystal ballroom + discotheque. That would kick ass!

Back
Top Bottom