MLB Thread 2012 - The Postseason

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What about the reports of possibly Alfonso Soriano and a good portion of his salary paid for in exchange for Dom Brown?

Anything. ANYTHING to get rid of that guy. Plus, a guy with potential is ALWAYS nice in Chicago. As long as he doesn't get traded away in a year for some 30+ fat-ass on the ropes.

Kind of surprised Youk got 12 Mil after hitting .236. Seems like about double what he should have got. Good for him, he'll be on the DL by May and collecting 12M from Shallow Hal and Mr. Hankey.

I'd be okay with that. But only if they sign him for like 10 years and 300 million.

That's going to be an old and expensive Angels team in a few years. Especially once Trout hits arbitration (on the expensive side)! But hey, now one of Bourjos and Trumbo is pretty expendable for them.

Dave Cameron of fangraphs thinks this could free the Angels up to send Bourjos to the Mets in a package for RA Dickey. That makes too much sense for it not to be rattling through the minds of their respective GMs.

Well, you were right. It will still be awfully expensive to keep him in a few years. I bet both him and Harper will break A-Rod's record contract (if they reach FA).

He won't be a FA until Hamilton is off the books, anyways.

He'll be crazy expensive before he's a free agent though, thanks to arbitration. I bet he'll be making more than 20 million in arbitration if he's even 90% of what he was last year for the next couple years.

So I wonder if the Tigers are now shopping one of Porcello/Smyly. I'd be a happy fan if my team picked up Smyly without having to give up too much.

It's gettin hot in herre, so turn off all the stoves!

(I am gettin so hot, I wanna turn the stove off!)

He's 38 years old. The Mets were smart to get something for him considering they wont be competing next season.

I get that part of it... which is why it sucks.

They're pretty much conceding that nest year they'll stink... again... and aside from resigning wright they won't be investing in the team this year... again... and despite sucking since 2007 we're still far enough away from contention that we need to trade for guys who won't be a meaningful part of the team for two years or more... again.

And Dickey was such a great story.

Meh. I know it's probably good long term... but still. Another wasted season.

If d'Arnaud becomes a stud... knowing that he originally came from Philadelphia would be nice though

Really was a win-win for both teams. Toronto better hope they compete, though, cuz that farm is looking terrible now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom