MLB Offseason Thread: 2007-2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MrPryck2U said:
DaveC, you quoted yourself. Look out for you.

Yeah, that was what I meant to do...what's crazy about that? :scratch:

Good deal for the Dodgers, and I like how it makes a division opponent weaker :up:

DaveC said:

:hmm:

I like this if they can manage to re-sign Rowand, otherwise there's nobody to play centerfield.

I like Kendrick and the Flyin' Hawaiian, but pitching is an absolute MUST if this team wants to beat the Mets again this year.

ETA: Now I read at mlbtraderumors that the Orioles have rejected the trade, "two prospects" not being enough to give up Bedard. And at philly.com today Gillick says signing Rowand is going to be a long shot, so if they aren't planning on keeping AR, there's no way they can get rid of Victo.

I don't see them giving up Kendrick that easily. He's a young, solid, ground ball pitcher: ideal for where they're going.

Aaron Rowand has put his Philadelphia house up for sale.

I am pretty terrified at what the Phillies' outfield is going to look like next year. :yikes:

Hey Gillick, can you PLEASE do something to IMPROVE this team?!? Thanks.

I'm guessing Burrell, Victorino, and...oh crap they traded the other dude for Lidge. Maybe ol' Stand Pat Gillick forgot? I'm gonna guess he remembers sometime in late January, and signs Trot Nixon & Kevin Mench as a RF platoon.

borat061030_2_560.jpg

Curt Schillimg is always an entertaining listen when he's on local radio. This morning he said he "expects" the Red Sox will land Johann Santana.
Then when asked about the potential rotation, he said it was "almost unfair, but in a good way" and that the Sox would win 120 games, "If they had a couple of bad stretches".

Then he was asked about the Pats/Jets game and if he ever stepped on to the field knowing he had no shot of winning (as presumably the Jets will do), and he said "I played in Philly for a lot of years, it was like that every day some of those years".

Ahhh funny stuff.

Hewson said:
Curt Schillimg is always an entertaining listen when he's on local radio. This morning he said he "expects" the Red Sox will land Johann Santana.
Then when asked about the potential rotation, he said it was "almost unfair, but in a good way" and that the Sox would win 120 games, "If they had a couple of bad stretches".

Then he was asked about the Pats/Jets game and if he ever stepped on to the field knowing he had no shot of winning (as presumably the Jets will do), and he said "I played in Philly for a lot of years, it was like that every day some of those years".

Ahhh funny stuff.

I'm sure the Philly crew will enjoy that one.

Don't like the deal for Houston, but no surprise as they've had a hard-on for Miggy for a couple of years now. He just isn't that good anymore, especially not on defensively. They apparently plan to play him at SS and some dreck like Ty Wigginton at 3B; if that's the plan a smarter one would be leave Adam Everett's good glove at SS and slot Miggy into 3B. Probably about the same offense, much better D.

Hewson said:

Ahhh funny stuff.

Which is true. He played for Terry Francona-era Phillies teams. They sucked.

Yes, he did.

He said "some of those years." He probably meant, you know, the years they sucked. Which was most of them.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
he also won an NLCS MVP for the phillies :shrug:

I really loved that Phillies team. John "I'm not an athlete, I'm a baseball player" Kruk, Nails Dykstra, Dutch Daulton, Wild Thing Williams, and of couse Big Schill. The 03-04 Sox reminded me of that bunch. Fun team.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
that was a great team.

and i'm guessing at least one of them will be in mitchell's report tomorrow.

Apparently Mike & the Mad Dog got a scoop on some of the names on the list...the look on Mike's face has me thinking high-profile Yankee.

Not sure if there's an obvious Phillie on the list. Not a bunch of workout freaks, that crew. Are they even going back that far? I get the impression a lot of the info came from Radomski, so I'm thinking lots of mid to late 90s guys.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom