Mixing on the Milan DVD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rjhbonovox

Refugee
Anyone noticed the poor mixing on the Milan DVD. Bono's vocals are coming out of the left and right speakers and there is hardly any sound coming out of the centre speakers. I'm talking about the Dolby Digital 5.1 mix. The Chicago dvd was mixed with Bono's vocals mainly coming from the centre speaker which is the way it should be on any 5.1 mix. The Zoo TV DVD is also mixed superbly with the vocals on centre speakers so whats the deal with this mix. Did they just not bother to do it right? Makes a mess of the sound quality as the sound is not seperated right. No doubt I will get slagged for this post but if you have a dolby digital setup you should notice this.

I don't know about 5.1 sound, or what settings I had on the sound but I liked the mixed sound of the instruments and the audience sound in particular.

:up: Richard Rainey

U2girl said:
I don't know about 5.1 sound, or what settings I had on the sound but I liked the mixed sound of the instruments and the audience sound in particular.

:up: Richard Rainey

Oh so its a different guy thats mixed it this time then? That guy mixed the "In a little while" track if I'm not wrong. Made a mess of this though. Hate it when the centre speakers aren't used well on a 5.1 mix. Just ruins it.

U2Man said:
i wasnt even aware that it had a 5.1 mix.

I got the errrrr unofficial version if you know what I mean. But its still exactly the same as the official bonus DVD. So yours should have the 5.1 mix.

I think the credits say sound mixed by R. Rainey.
Lillywhite mixed Boston, Carl Glanville mixed Chicago and ... I don't know who mixed Slane.

edit: I looked again -

Boston: John Harris and Steve Lillywhite
Slane: Carl Glanville (some other guy mentioned for 5.1 sound)
Chicago: Carl Glanville
Milan: Richard Rainey
(Sydney: Robbie Adams, but again, other people mentioned for the 5.1 sound)

Last edited:
roy said:
So to sum up ...rjhbonovox in petty negative post shocker.

:ohmy: :ohmy:

Ok Ok its the best fucking mix Ive ever heard you stupid twat!

Last edited:
victor_f said:

It has DTS and DD 5.1.

Yes it does. Maybe some people don't know the difference between Dolby Digital 5.1 and 2 track stereo. Oh well. Close the thread so Roy can post some more :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: posts!

rjhbonovox said:

Ok Ok its the best fucking mix Ive ever heard you stupid twat!

I'm pretty sure you aware that attacking other members and calling them names is NOT allowed here. Consider this a warning, and roy perhaps you should put his posts on ignore or not open his threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom