Miscellaneous TV appearances Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone have the CD:UK interview that took place sometime in October last year?

Thanks a lot for posting the "What's Going On"-Video. I found the single recently on ebay, but the video wasn't really on here a lot on television, so thanks for posting! :wink:

MTV: Bono Stars In Short Internet Film
[ 6th/12/2000 ]
Post by YouTwo.net

From MTV:

Bono Stars In Short Internet Film

Bono’s "The Million Dollar Hotel" movie won’t openin the United States until February, but fans soonwill be able to see the U2 singer taking a starringturn in a cinematic short, "Sightings of Bono,"online at an Irish music Web site.

The seven-minute "Sightings of Bono" was filmedon location in U2’s hometown of Dublin, Ireland, inSeptember 1999, as the band worked on itsjust-released All That You Can’t Leave Behind LP,according to the band’s U.S. reps at Interscope.

Writer/director Kathy Gilfillan shot "Sightings ofBono" exclusively for AllIrelandMusic.com, whichwill make a trailer for the film available onlinebeginning Wednesday.

AllIrelandMusic.com has yet to announce when itplans to post "Sightings of Bono" in its entirety --on its registration page for those seeking moreinformation, the site says "the film will premiereexclusively on AllIrelandMusic.com shortly."

"Sightings of Bono" also stars Marcella Plunkett asEllen, a woman who believes she sees Bonoeverywhere she turns, and finally gets anopportunity to meet the singer face to face when hestops by the shop where she works.

Bono, who wrote and made a cameo appearance in"The Million Dollar Hotel," was unavailable forcomment on the project, as he and his U2bandmates were preparing for their special clubperformance Tuesday (December 5) at New York’sIrving Plaza.

The Chemical Brothers will open the gig, which willbe U2’s only full-length performance in the UnitedStates this year.

— David Basham

Google is my friend :heart:

Thanks for posting "The Sightings of Bono", though I don't get it really. May be too much art for me - or it doesn't really have any deeper meaning whatsoever.

Junebug said:

:yikes: :lmao:

What....what is this? I mean, what was it for?? Why did they do it?

Well, whatever it is, it's HILARIOUS. I think this is probably one of the funniest things I've seen them do (perhaps even funnier than the Dalton Bros). Bono's just great, and I especially love Edge's random sheep noises/laughter. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom