Miscellaneous Picture Mix #35

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Am I the only jelous/envious person who would've liked to kiss Pop Bono or are there more? :shifty::lol:

Any Bono era would do just fine for me :wink:

vlcsnap-154665.png

:combust:

Am I the only jelous/envious person who would've liked to kiss Pop Bono or are there more? :shifty::lol:

She is one of my best friends. This pic was taken in Buenos Aires back in 1998 when they played in Argentina for the first time. After this concert, she was flown to Chile by the entertainment company that brought U2 to Argentina and she got to see yet another show.

vlcsnap-183186.gif

:drool:

vlcsnap-184789.png

^^
From the concert in Santiago

OMG..never seen this scenes:ohmy::drool:
Pop Era...my second fav:love:

Not , jealous , not , jealous , I am , not, jealous *headdesk* :drool:
No,I really don't care about it,so what???I'm not jealous too,just,:drool::drool::lol:

She is one of my best friends. This pic was taken in Buenos Aires back in 1998 when they played in Argentina for the first time. After this concert, she was flown to Chile by the entertainment company that brought U2 to Argentina and she got to see yet another show.
So,your best friend is a luck,luck,so luck girl:applaud::combust:

WHAAAAT!!?? :hyper::hyper::hyper:
I wish I could have gone to that show, as well as the Vertigo tour show (damn, I was too young!) :sad: But I'm still hopeful that they will come again soon :pray:

So basically the article is about where Carla Bruni-Sarkozy and B met, why B's activism comes partly from his Irishness, how B doesn't know how to write a story from a first person point of view, how The Clash were a big influence, then some religious talks, Red and One, B compares Dylan with Picasso, Love Rescue Me, how Dylan gave his harmonica to the French President after a show and how Carla confiscated it immediately to keep it for herself, how the new punk rock in music is intimity, and how if B was to get a tattoo it would be on his arm and it would say "To obey for a long time, in the same direction" :wink:

So basically the article is about where Carla Bruni-Sarkozy and B met, why B's activism comes partly from his Irishness, how B doesn't know how to write a story from a first person point of view, how The Clash were a big influence, then some religious talks, Red and One, B compares Dylan with Picasso, Love Rescue Me, how Dylan gave his harmonica to the French President after a show and how Carla confiscated it immediately to keep it for herself, how the new punk rock in music is intimity, and how if B was to get a tattoo it would be on his arm and it would say "To obey for a long time, in the same direction" :wink:
thanks for summarizing and translating! :up::)

Wow, that's so cool! Your friend is incredibly lucky.

B doesn't know how to write a story from a first person's point of view? He can come to my classes anyday, he'll learn it there, we do it all the time. It's the most interesting thing in literature to write from a first person's pov without being that person.

Honestly, I think Bono has no idea what he's talking about here.

You're welcome girls :wave:

And concerning the first person thing, here's more :
"Carla, you're a storyteller, you tell stories. I'm completely lost when I try to write a first person narrative. I don't know how to tell stories. That's a fault. However, I know how to describe situations, on a more emotional point of view. That's what I did in the early 1980s when writing about Ireland.

I'm not sure it's any clearer, but B. must know what he is talking about :crack: :D

Ok, but then it seems we have a different understanding of the first person narrative.

Bono should listen to their latest album from time to time, it's full of first person narrative.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom