Middle Intercourse Island superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the tourist said:

What's your least favourite part? Hahaha. I've found a lot of people seriously hate them. I don't get it.

Least favorite part is that I sometimes have a difficult time distinguishing between their songs. Doesn't keep it from being enjoyable for me.

LemonMelon said:

Least favorite part is that I sometimes have a difficult time distinguishing between their songs. Doesn't keep it from being enjoyable for me.

I had that problem at first. But I kept listening and now I can tell easily.

coolian2 said:
Cock in a clock

Purple headed yogurt slinger on a pogostick, on a trampoline, in Axver's backyard, with Jen watching and salivating.

the tourist said:

I just noticed something: No female singers/female-fronted bands are used in my playlist.

Now I have a sudden urge to look at every single playlist and see if they, too, are discriminatory. :wink:

But I do like the Bob Dylan song. His voice isn't nearly as bad as I thought it was.

And I'm excited to hear the Beatles song. I've never heard that one before.

LemonMelon said:
Here comes The Kinks song. You said you weren't familiar with them, Tourist.

Yeah, it's almost over. It's pretty good. Not great. But pretty good.

the tourist said:
PFan, how're those two albums you got today?

Listened to Diamond Dogs twice, liked it better after the second listen. I'd say it's comparable to Aladdin Sane in quality.

Need to listen to Those Who Tell the Truth ETC. a second time, I was a bit distracted on the first run. Liked it though.

Ahh, I knew it had to be a John Lennon song. Bono likes doing the John Lennon songs quite a bit, doesn't he? I only knew the title of the song since U2 used to cover it quite a bit.

the tourist said:

Yeah, it's almost over. It's pretty good. Not great. But pretty good.

Ray Davies' voice is an acquired taste for sure. Sometimes I wish it were stronger, but I've gotten used to it.

Rain by The Beatles kicks ass. Must have been a total mindfuck back in 1966.

phillyfan26 said:

Listened to Diamond Dogs twice, liked it better after the second listen. I'd say it's comparable to Aladdin Sane in quality.

Need to listen to Those Who Tell the Truth ETC. a second time, I was a bit distracted on the first run. Liked it though.

I generally never buy two cds at the same time anymore. I buy them one at a time so I can take a full day to give them proper, uninterrupted listenings.

LemonMelon said:

Ray Davies' voice is an acquired taste for sure. Sometimes I wish it were stronger, but I've gotten used to it.

Rain by The Beatles kicks ass. Must have been a total mindfuck back in 1966.

Right along with Tomorrow Never Knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom