Michigan City, Indiana, United States of America, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
New job?:crack:
I've been in the same place for 11 and a half years so the thought of something new scares and excites me. Go for it Reggo.:up:

I want to. I'm just not sure the schedule will work with my brother. Sigh.

I talked to my mom at lunch, I don't know why I bothered to get my hopes up.

Who wants to hear my latest "I hate my boss" story? :happy:

Sure!

Then I can tell you the latest installment of my crapsack life story. I'm going to break up with Dave. It's for the best, really.

Charlot worked at Woolworths when she was 15
And she worked so well, and kept so clean,
That she was promoted within 6 months
To a glorious Supervisor post.

Then two years later, Woolworths closed
And Charlot lost her job, OH NOEZ
After a futile hunt and lots of money down
She came to work at Wooloworths' twin, Foodtown

But she didn't take a Supervisor post,
But that was ok, because not to boast:
She was good at this and thought that, well,
She might be promoted here as well.

Linda the toad, well she said one day
"You can be supervisor soon, you're well on the way".
But Charlot heard some gossip, oh boy,
Which made her hate her place of employ.

Um...I can't make this rhyme any more. But anyway, the Assistant Checkout Manager wanted to promote me and this other girl up to Supervisor. Linda says "No, they can't, they LOOK TOO DIFFERENT."

NEVER mind that I serve WAY more customers than the supervisors do, never mind the fact that I am WELL within workplace standards, never mind the fact that I'm the fasted operator and get complimented on my customer service MANY times a day. Oh no, none of that matters, because I LOOK DIFFERENT.

I don't! I take out my piercings and tie my hair up and look bland as hell. FUCK. I wish I had overheard it myself and wasn't relying on someone else's account, otherwise I'd take this shit right up.

:sigh:

:panic: OMG it's SUNNY outside :panic:

I'm seriously going to get seasonal affective disorder if I keep getting up as late as I have been. Getting some sun today felt really good. Too bad we're back to rain/snow showers tomorrow.

Haha, yeah, talking of late ... hello 2:30, how'd today get so late?

Charlot worked at Woolworths when she was 15
And she worked so well, and kept so clean,
That she was promoted within 6 months
To a glorious Supervisor post.

Then two years later, Woolworths closed
And Charlot lost her job, OH NOEZ
After a futile hunt and lots of money down
She came to work at Wooloworths' twin, Foodtown

But she didn't take a Supervisor post,
But that was ok, because not to boast:
She was good at this and thought that, well,
She might be promoted here as well.

Linda the toad, well she said one day
"You can be supervisor soon, you're well on the way".
But Charlot heard some gossip, oh boy,
Which made her hate her place of employ.

Um...I can't make this rhyme any more. But anyway, the Assistant Checkout Manager wanted to promote me and this other girl up to Supervisor. Linda says "No, they can't, they LOOK TOO DIFFERENT."

NEVER mind that I serve WAY more customers than the supervisors do, never mind the fact that I am WELL within workplace standards, never mind the fact that I'm the fasted operator and get complimented on my customer service MANY times a day. Oh no, none of that matters, because I LOOK DIFFERENT.

I don't! I take out my piercings and tie my hair up and look bland as hell. FUCK. I wish I had overheard it myself and wasn't relying on someone else's account, otherwise I'd take this shit right up.

:sigh:
Jesus, that sucks.

Oh shit, what?! :hug:
Well, I've come to realize that no matter what I do, my life is going to be dictated by my autistic brother. I might as well break up with Dave because even if tings get serious, hell, if we get married, i'll still have to spend about, oh, 70% of my waking hours taking care of my brother, at my mother's house. The rest of the time, I'll be at work. I won't get to see him any more than I do now. So I'm just going to nip this in the bud and carry on. Working a job I hate, taking care of a brother I resent, and generally being unhappy for the rest of my life.

Reggo, what's up? :hug:

And John and Cin both showed up? :hyper:

Did you sleep till then?! :grumpy: You lucky bastard.

Honestly, I feel sort of crap about it. Over-sleep and all.

I love your song! Even if the rage behind it is less than good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom