MERGED ----> ZOO TV DVD Hits Amazon + ZOO TV DVD info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
An amazon item without an official announcement? :eyebrow:

I'm not sure about the item being true :|

PDVD_112.jpg

Utoo said:
I know that we're all assuming it's going to be Sydney, though I really hope it's not Sydney. That show is readily available online & through trades. I hope it's something we havne't seen before.......

Agreed. Of course I'd buy it anyway seeing as my Sydney VHS is shot. But I'd really like to see an earlier U.S. outdoor broadcast included as well.

Damn. ZooTV instead of Red Rocks (or even better, a Lovetown show)? :|

ponkine said:
An amazon item without an official announcement? :eyebrow:

I'm not sure about the item being true :|

I'm not saying it's not true, because I can't find any info one way or the other. But Amazon emails me recommendations based on my purchasing history on cd's, dvd's and books that I've already ordered. They have notified me in the past with info on pre-orders on books and cd's, etc - not just U2 related - but other artist, also.. But a new possible U2 release would be the first thing they should email me on - I would think.. and I haven't seen anything on this. I already own U2 Sydney video, so if it's something to do with Zoo/Sydney dvd - they sure as hell better let me know in advance..
(so.. do I think I'm special?.. yeah right :wink: )

I always wondered if they were going to release the MILAN Zoo TV show with the Milan Vertigo show?

Axver said:
(or even better, a Lovetown show)? :|

On that I agree with you , it's a bloody shame there isnt any stuff released from LT tour , specially a live dvd

So right now we have for the fall, I assume:

ZooTV DVD: September
U2 By U2 Book: September
Vertigo Milan DVD : ?? (November or December is my guess)

A local magazine is saying the extras are some interviews, a documentary on making of AB in Berlin and some "interesting unused Zoo TV promotional clips".

ntalwar said:
So right now we have for the fall, I assume:

Vertigo Milan DVD : ?? (November or December is my guess)
Why is everyone so certain that it's going to be released? There have been exactly zero official announcements about it. Everyone's just assuming they're going to release it, because, "they have filmed it, right? Who in their right mind would not release something that has been filmed?"

The San Diego shows were pro-shot too, does anyone think they will have a DVD release? No? Then tell me, why would the Milan show have a DVD release.

Last edited:
WalkOn21 said:
Why is everyone so certain that it's going to be released? There have been exactly zero official announcements about it. Everyone's just assuming they're going to release it, because, "they have filmed it, right? Who in their right mind would not release something that has been filmed?"

The San Diego shows were pro-shot too, does anyone think they will have a DVD release? No? Then tell me, why would the Milan show have a DVD release.

Guess u lost the discussion , Hamilton himself assure while in Brazil , february , that Milan would be around close to Xmas.

WalkOn21 said:

Couldn't agree with u more.

Just some reasons why Milan show will be released on DVD:

- they are already advertising it (clips on 60 minutes, ESPN, vertigo on U2.communication CD and now COBL on new U2 video iPOD)
- u2.com said that there were filmed 2 shows for the *** F U T U R E _ D V D _ R E L E A S E S *** - Chicago and Milan (the first one is already out).
- as it was said before- Hamish Hamilton confirmed that the show will be released in November.
- San Diego shows were filmed pro-shot for TV footage and specials, Croke Park just for their archives, Buenos Aires for the I-MAX 3D film, Brasil and Mexico were rehearsals for it and finally- Milan for the upcoming DVD.

Now everything is clear?

Zooropean103 said:

- they are already advertising it (clips on 60 minutes, ESPN, vertigo on U2.communication CD and now COBL on new U2 video iPOD)
- u2.com said that there were filmed 2 shows for the *** F U T U R E _ D V D _ R E L E A S E S *** - Chicago and Milan (the first one is already out).
- as it was said before- Hamish Hamilton confirmed that the show will be released in November.
- San Diego shows were filmed pro-shot for TV footage and specials, Croke Park just for their archives, Buenos Aires for the I-MAX 3D film, Brasil and Mexico were rehearsals for it and finally- Milan for the upcoming DVD.

Now everything is clear?

:up: Good job!

Let's not forget that the Buenos Aires 3D IMAX film will most likely also be released on dvd. Many IMAX films are released (though few folks buy them), and I really cannot imagine that it won't be released on dvd several months after the film is in theaters.

:drool:

All Latin American shows were filmed, that's include Mexico, Brasil, Argentina and Chile :drool: :drool: :rockon:

So I really hope they don't release Milan DVD !!!!. Don't shoot me my friends, what I'm talking about is I'M SO SICK of Hamish Hamilton s*** !!!!. What we would have with another DVD from him?... the same f***ing eMpTyV fashionable style of filming and producing:mad: :madspit: I really can't stand what he has done with his stupid and disposable "100 camera changes per second and Bono's close ups" style.

This untalented "director" has worked once again with U2 on Milan DVD :banghead: :down: so that's the main reason I'd hate to see another U2 DVD from him, is not that I hate Milan concerts, I hate HIM:censored:

If I were the band, I'd trow up all his "work" and I'd go with a far more exciting project: The long awaited DVD Box Set featuring nothing but previously unreleased footage from their earliest known concert filmed (non TV performance) in Belfast 1981 (BBC) until POP Mart Tour 1998 (since we already have too much stuff from the 00's):heart:

Belfast 1981, Hattem 1982, Devore 1983, Loreley 1983, Dortmund 1984, Los Angeles 1987, Sidney 1989, Dublin 1989, Stockholm 1992, Houston 1992, Wasthington 1992, London 1993, Dublin 1993, Edmonton 1997, Rotterdam 1997, Sarajevo 1997, Sao Paulo 1998, Santiago 1998, Johannesburg 1998...

Plus countless TV performances from 1978 to 1998, previously unreleased Promo Videos, etc, etc...

HOW COME THEY KEEP INSIST WITH ANOTHER VERTIGO DVD WHILE THEY HAVE TONS OF HIDDEN AND PRICELESS ARCHIVE PERFORMANCES ON THEIR VAULTS ???:tsk:

ponkine said:
All Latin American shows were filmed, that's include Mexico, Brasil, Argentina and Chile

So I really hope they don't release Milan DVD !!!!. Don't shoot me my friends, what I'm talking about is I'M SO SICK of Hamish Hamilton s*** !!!!. What we would have with another DVD from him?... the same f***ing eMpTyV fashionable style of filming and producing I really can't stand what he has done with his stupid and disposable "100 camera changes per second and Bono's close ups" style.

This untalented "director" has worked once again with U2 on Milan DVD so that's the main reason I'd hate to see another U2 DVD from him, is not that I hate Milan concerts, I hate HIM:censored:

If I were the band, I'd trow up all his "work" and I'd go with a far more exciting project: The long awaited DVD Box Set featuring nothing but previously unreleased footage from their earliest known concert filmed (non TV performance) in Belfast 1981 (BBC) until POP Mart Tour 1998 (since we already have too much stuff from the 00's)

Belfast 1981, Hattem 1982, Devore 1983, Loreley 1983, Dortmund 1984, Los Angeles 1987, Sidney 1989, Dublin 1989, Stockholm 1992, Houston 1992, Wasthington 1992, London 1993, Dublin 1993, Edmonton 1997, Rotterdam 1997, Sarajevo 1997, Sao Paulo 1998, Santiago 1998, Johannesburg 1998...

Plus countless TV performances from 1978 to 1998, previously unreleased Promo Videos, etc, etc...

HOW COME THEY KEEP INSIST WITH ANOTHER VERTIGO DVD WHILE THEY HAVE TONS OF HIDDEN AND PRICELESS ARCHIVE PERFORMANCES ON THEIR VAULTS ???

Yes, I'd definitely like to have all those shows. However, I wouldn't say "don't bother with Milan" just because it's Hamilton. I'd rather have as many pro-shot shows as possible. If they filmed it, give it to me...no matter who filmed it. A pro-shot dvd in my hand is better than none at all! :D

ponkine said:
All Latin American shows were filmed, that's include Mexico, Brasil, Argentina and Chile :drool: :drool: :rockon:

So I really hope they don't release Milan DVD !!!!. Don't shoot me my friends, what I'm talking about is I'M SO SICK of Hamish Hamilton s*** !!!!. What we would have with another DVD from him?... the same f***ing eMpTyV fashionable style of filming and producing:mad: :madspit: I really can't stand what he has done with his stupid and disposable "100 camera changes per second and Bono's close ups" style.

This untalented "director" has worked once again with U2 on Milan DVD :banghead: :down: so that's the main reason I'd hate to see another U2 DVD from him, is not that I hate Milan concerts, I hate HIM:censored:

If I were the band, I'd trow up all his "work" and I'd go with a far more exciting project: The long awaited DVD Box Set featuring nothing but previously unreleased footage from their earliest known concert filmed (non TV performance) in Belfast 1981 (BBC) until POP Mart Tour 1998 (since we already have too much stuff from the 00's):heart:

HOW COME THEY KEEP INSIST WITH ANOTHER VERTIGO DVD WHILE THEY HAVE TONS OF HIDDEN AND PRICELESS ARCHIVE PERFORMANCES ON THEIR VAULTS ???:tsk:

Couldnt agree except from the part of Milan .

Though Hamilton filmin is really crap , i'm looking for a official Stdum dvd .

About the bbox who knows , it can still happen thi year

Zooropean103 said:

Now everything is clear?

Well done! They should make that a sticky in the General tour Discussions forum:up:

kennerado said:
I agree that Hamilton sucks as a director. David Mallet did a good job with Zoo TV Sydney but its interesting to see the ppv version with different camera angles.

Not only with sydney , but even better with Mexico , the direction of that film is :drool:

Zooropean103 said:

Is here anyone who got this video and can upload it? :)

Hell yes. I can't wait for this! My VHS copy is completely trashed.

I'm looking forward to hearing/seeing the pure bliss that is RTSS -> Streets... in DVD quality. :drool:

i currently only own chicago, and instead of buying slane or boston, im waiting for those two - lets hope we are right on this

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom