MERGED --> VH1 All Access: U2 + VH1 All Access Viewers Be Warned

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah, i just watched the whole thing (on west coast). it was pretty good. i thought it would have footage from san diego openning night, but it wasn't. the concert they showed had LAPOE as the first song. the vertigo footage must have been from anaheim.

It was Anaheim 1... They showed that dancer girl dressed as Mac. And Paul said the tour is gonna stretch way into 2006.

SMB

ramblin rose said:
I only caught the last 10 minutes but WOOOW, I can't wait to see the whole thing!!

Man, it brings me back to opening night........how many days until May 21....:hyper: :hyper:

exactly what I was going to post !

OMG!!!!!!! I am DYING to see them live now!!! :scream:

And I can't wait til the stills from the show to show up!! :hyper: Oh the rejoicing there will be in PLEBA tonight!! :D

mtnfox said:
Anyone notice that much of what they showed toward the end was not opening night but Anaheim #1? I was at both 3/28 & 4/1 and remember them well. Anyway, pretty good show though.

*edit: you guys beat me to my point!

Yeah, that confused me at first. I was thinking, "Adam didn't wear the purple collar at that show!" :huh:

:lol:

great show :up:

Things to watch for Bono singing ala Mister Rodgers "their is a rockstar in your neighborhood" and "I think I am going to go to the bathroom right in front of you; is that ok for VH1?"
Hilarious.:giggle:

band sounded good, and i always like seeing the behind the scene footage, but that show sucked as only something put out by vh1 could have.

its always frustrating to have a special on a conert tour and show about 3 total minutes of live footage.

I like how in their setlist the called the Fog thingy....Fog thingy :lol:

fog.jpg

after seeing this..whats better...directly behind the stage lower bowl...or caddy corner behind the stage lower bowl?

im thinking..directly behind for the lighting effect.

OnoBsiDog said:
Things to watch for Bono singing ala Mister Rodgers "their is a rockstar in your neighborhood" and "I think I am going to go to the bathroom right in front of you; is that ok for VH1?"
Hilarious.:giggle:

that was too funny :lol:

Agreed with JP Helmet. Overall disappointing, choppy, frenetically paced, weird points of emphasis - in other words, a VH1 production. I knew it was going to be bad when i heard the voiceover.

VH1 all access viewers be warned

1. "The opening night show" that they show clips of is actually Anaheim 1.

2. There are several spoilers. So if you want to be surprised, I would say don't watch it.

LOL, I thought the special was pretty good. A bit all over the place in the editing, but they had a lot of good rehearsal footage from Mexico and Vancouver... I really enjoyed the stuff with Adam and Edge in particular. Good stuff!

They also showed quite a few funny clips of the band messing around, especially Bono. His impression of Colin Farrell imitating him on SNL was amusing. LOL!

Another funny part was where they talked about the RnRHOF show. I guess Bono grabbed a bit of jewelry from a friend that contained her mother's ashes... And he forgot to give it back to her? :ohmy:

Last edited:
forty said:

I also liked the bit where they talked about the RnRHOF show. I guess Bono grabbed a bit of jewelry from a friend that contained her mother's ashes... And he forgot to give it back to her? :ohmy:

Yeah, like he said, he's taking his friend's mother on tour.

wow, that was a great 2 minute sneak preview of the Vertigo Tour! :mad:

at least "A Year In Pop" was entertaining.

the starting was good(behind the scenes with edge and adam)

but the show did suck!!!!!!!!!!!zzzzzzzzzzz!

and why did they show so much elevation shots(that sucked)

all in all it was an ok show! with alot of sucky parts in it!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom