MERGED--> U2 Recording With Kanye West + Kanye & U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clawgrabber

War Child
Los Angeles, California (There Is No End To Love)
U2 Recording With Kanye West

Sorry if this has already been reported elsewhere, but I just got Rolling stone in the mail and the "Smoking Section" sidebar to the Grammy coverage has this tidbit:

"At The Grammys, Bono Told us that Kanye West was 'an inspiration' and that when they are on tour in Australia and New Zeland, they will do some recording together"

"Kanye: I AIN'T SAYIN SHE A GOLD DIGGER, BUT SHE AIN'T MESSIN' WIF NO BROKE-BROKE

Bono: AND SHE KNEELSSSS CUZ I WANT HER SOUL NOWWWWW

Edge: GOLD-GOLD-GOLD-GOLD-GOLDDIGGIN'

*KANYE GRUNT*
Kanye: BETTER KNEEL RIGHT GIRL, CUZ WHEN HE LEAVE YOU HE LEAVE YOU FOR A WHITE GIRLLLL"

that's pretty much what the song would be like between Kanye and U2, except Larry doesn't shoot himself in the head in the corner.

I'd be interested in hearing it as a one-off charity collaboration of something along those lines. :yes: As long as it's original material... :drool:

LemonMacPhisto said:
"Kanye: I AIN'T SAYIN SHE A GOLD DIGGER, BUT SHE AIN'T MESSIN' WIF NO BROKE-BROKE

*KANYE GRUNT*
Kanye: BETTER KNEEL RIGHT GIRL, CUZ WHEN HE LEAVE YOU HE LEAVE YOU FOR A WHITE GIRLLLL"

that's pretty much what the song would be like between Kanye and U2, except Larry doesn't shoot himself in the head in the corner.

:lmao:

if U2 is gonna collaborate with a rapper, it should be Mos Def :drool: or Outkast, I'd be down with that, but I think Mos would better suit U2.

AtomicBono said:

:lmao:

if U2 is gonna collaborate with a rapper, it should be Mos Def :drool: or Outkast, I'd be down with that, but I think Mos would better suit U2.

Wyclef Jean was great w/ The Edge and Bono :yes:

and I like the Mos Def/OutKast idea too

He really would be a breathe of fresh air, very similar to the song rumored to have been produced by Dr. Dre

LemonMacPhisto said:

*KANYE GRUNT*

:lmao: :lmao:

U2 and Kanye making a track together? :love: I've died and gone to heaven.

Kayne has an amazing ear for music. Just listen to the samples he uses on Touch the Sky and Gone. Grade A stuff right there, the man knows melodies and hooks. If they collaborate, it's sure to be something special. Hopefully it will come out good if the rumor is true. And more importantly, hopefully it will be embraced and given a chance. But looking at some of the other threads about Kanye, that sure won't happen here. :uhoh:

BigMacPhisto said:
Why would Kanye want to be less creative? :|

??? :eyebrow:
icon5.gif

Re: U2 Recording With Kanye West

Clawgrabber said:
Sorry if this has already been reported elsewhere, but I just got Rolling stone in the mail and the "Smoking Section" sidebar to the Grammy coverage has this tidbit:

"At The Grammys, Bono Told us that Kanye West was 'an inspiration' and that when they are on tour in Australia and New Zeland, they will do some recording together"

I also remember a Spin article from 1993 where Bono said U2 were going to record with R.E.M.

Still waiting for that record.

What if U2 decided to something really off the wall with Kayne?

Like have Larry bust a flow.........super :|

Pfft... I actually like this idea!

I'm really interested to see how something like this turns out. I hope Bono is featured on Kanye's next album :hyper:

Catman said:
Pfft... I actually like this idea!

I'm really interested to see how something like this turns out. I hope Bono is featured on Kanye's next album :hyper:
'Cause notning says street cred like Boner in your tracks. :|

Why should fans (Interferencers) be excited by this news. All the collaborations with hiphop artists that U2 has done (haven't heard Mary J Blige's joint stuff yet) have been pretty bad or unexciting. Remember the Wyclef collaboration with Bono. Yuck! The only thing saving that song was the fact that it was for a good cause. Edge's work with Wyclef was also forgettable as well. Remember when Pras used some U2 as a sample... LOL, people on this forum were bashing it and rightly so IMO. How is Kanye going to be any different? It would be interesting if they did something new and different but I have doubts. Kanye is also a mediocre rapper so him adding a rap to a song won't add anything IMO.

I'm not usually negative about these type of collaborations BUT the past hip hop collaborations have NOT shown me that U2 and Kanye union would go well.

Re: Re: U2 Recording With Kanye West

MrBrau1 said:

I also remember a Spin article from 1993 where Bono said U2 were going to record with R.E.M.

Still waiting for that record.

I'm still waiting for the collaboration with J. Lo

Flying FuManchu said:
Why should fans (Interferencers) be excited by this news. All the collaborations with hiphop artists that U2 has done (haven't heard Mary J Blige's joint stuff yet) have been pretty bad or unexciting. Remember the Wyclef collaboration with Bono. Yuck! The only thing saving that song was the fact that it was for a good cause. Edge's work with Wyclef was also forgettable as well. Remember when Pras used some U2 as a sample... LOL, people on this forum were bashing it and rightly so IMO. How is Kanye going to be any different? It would be interesting if they did something new and different but I have doubts. Kanye is also a mediocre rapper so him adding a rap to a song won't add anything IMO.

I'm not usually negative about these type of collaborations BUT the past hip hop collaborations have NOT shown me that U2 and Kanye union would go well.

Not one of those examples was a true collaboration between U2 and a hip hop artist.

The Wyclef thing was already a song that Wyclef wrote and recorded, he re-recorded it with Bono throwing in a few lines.

The Wyclef Edge thing was just a one off live show.

And the Pras thing with a sample? Um yeah who cares, it was a sample.

Back
Top Bottom