MERGED --> U2 on MTVjammed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Waaayyy to many commercials :scream: I did however, see my water bottle going bezerk during I will follow :lol: I wish they showed city of blinding lights. That was the highlight for me.

nurse chrissi said:
:laugh:
we probably shouldn't talk about santa then:)

Noooooo :( Then who eats all of the cookies I put out? I know I have a bug problem, but geeze...

enajh2 said:

Ok. I'm using Bittornado.

Did you get this Dave? "Band_Aid_20_Documentary_06-12-2004_mpg" (605649 KB)

Yep :) That's the first thing I'm going to torrent... highly requested, hehe

Yup, definitely different.... The stand alone video is from the set closer Vertigo. Sky is dark, performance seems to be 100% accurate.

What was shown on Jammed is the video from the set opener Vertigo but the sound is made up of both performances.... :|

you know - and this is just wild speculation on my part - wouldn't it be cool if there was a official website that streamed the enitre show for their fans? maybe something like that would offset the price of the membership.....
Note sarcasm

Miroslava said:
Yup, definitely different.... The stand alone video is from the set closer Vertigo. Sky is dark, performance seems to be 100% accurate.

What was shown on Jammed is the video from the set opener Vertigo but the sound is made up of both performances.... :|

now this means I will be searching MTV in the hope that, when they actually show videos, I catch this one :reject:

I thought this performance of Vertigo was far smoother than SNL or Top of the Pops. Bono didn't seem to struggle so much to hit the notes.

I'm getting so excited for this tour! Is it March 1st yet??:happy:

Dave, there's a slight issue with your zipped audio in that you have used colons in the filenames and to extract the files successfully using Winzip you need to perform File>Extract and select All Files because only the one file, ABOY.mp3, is displayed in the contents window when you open it! :(

That is very, very odd. It should have been a slash, not a colon. Hrm, sorry about that =/ Not really sure what I can do about it now. I guess everyone should just keep in mind that they need to go to File -> Extract and select all files when they go to extract the zip.

I'm not even sure why I zipped the files, since it selects the whole directory anyway. Ah well, I'll keep that in mind for next time.

Diane L said:
So far this is great! I even teared up a bit when they were playing COBL in the beginning, because I so associate that song with that day.

YOU ARE SO RIGHT...been saying that since that wonderful night by the bridge.

I could have sworn that Edges guitar tec was playing along with him off to the side at one point, from were i was standing.

Can MTV splice that video any more?
It was so fast I got dizzy.. I think the guy that gave him
the bag of beer was a co worker of my Aunts..lol
I loved how they ended the show with what Bono said at the begining of the show..heh!!

dgirl said:
I could have sworn that Edges guitar tec was playing along with him off to the side at one point, from were i was standing.

I saw Dallas as well :)
edited to say
On the show since I was at the time stuck in St. louis:(
you know the place U2 will come on the 5th leg of this tour:mad:

Last edited:
Miroslava...You were so on!!!! Did u see me? I got some really good footage during IWF. I was actually dancing and singing...and DIDN"t look dorky as I predicted. :)

Love that slow mo on TIVO!!!

My family and friends saw me and actually recognized me!!!

Oh, how about the high notes on SYCMIOYO, wasn't that spliced as well? I mean I am sure I remember him barely hitting them, and on the performance tonight, he did cd quality singing. :)

ree5669 said:
Oh, how about the high notes on SYCMIOYO, wasn't that spliced as well? I mean I am sure I remember him barely hitting them, and on the performance tonight, he did cd quality singing. :)

Maybe it was the fresh outdoor air that helped :hmm: :D

No he nailed Sometimes. I have the unedited DVD from ebay. He got it. No help needed. You will see when yours arrives...

And ree yes I did see you!

:hug:

Front row got major screen time during IWF

Also, upon second viewing, I am pretty happy with Vertigo. They show Bono leaning in to sing to someone during "all of this... just give me what I want and no one gets hurt" He is really leaning in and I know he was leaning toward me and in my lil mind that is enough... :drool:

Now if we could only get the whole thing issued on DVD...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom