MERGED--> U2 on Conan O'Brien + Conan time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What did everybody think of the interview segments? Does anybody else think it's awkward when Bono talks and answers questions in a way that makes the answer completely different from the question? I really don't think they'll be back on Conan. It's sad too, cause Conan is by far the best.

i thought the interview with just bono was kind of boring :reject:

it would have been nice if they would have done another skit there instead.

I tried so hard to stay awake for Conan, I made to 11pm ET !!:reject:

it's tough staying up late when you have a sick spouse and sick baby at home...

Oh well, I guess I will just have to go to the Saturday show at MSG to see U2. Gotta do what you gotta do !!

Anyone know where I can read the entire "In the Year 2000" scrpit w/ the Edge?:scratch:

I missed the show, but was told by my brother that Bono seemed rather un-amused and stand-offish with Conan. Did anybody else get that impression?

The_acrobat said:
What did everybody think of the interview segments? Does anybody else think it's awkward when Bono talks and answers questions in a way that makes the answer completely different from the question? I really don't think they'll be back on Conan. It's sad too, cause Conan is by far the best.

That is the politician coming out in Bono I'm afraid.....

Did ANYONE record the show & would they possibly be willing to send me a copy??????

All I wanted yesterday was one stinking hour of television - that's all. I went to my Mom's (where I'm staying this week), got a little nap, woke up at 10pm refreshed & ready to view Conan. At 12:30 I tuned into NBC, watched The Blueman Group finish up on Leno, and then the introduction in Conan's show. I got as far as his second interview with fans out on the street when.... the TV goes blank. Total black screen - on EVERY :censored: :censored: :censored: CHANNEL!!! :mad: :mad:
The :censored: cable was completely out.... I tried not to get too upset; I was sure it'd be back up in 5-10 minutes. Wrong. :| At 2am, there was still no cable.

So, can anyone take pity on me??? It would be greatly appreciated.

I thought Bono's mood can only be described as "so-so".

He must have a lot on his mind with shows or extra-curricular activities.

I do think Bono genuinely wanted to be there, and will be back - especially when Conan takes over Jay. Why else would he do the "barbarian" remark or the other lyric adlibs?

I also want to bet anybody here that Bono filmed a "Secrets" segment sometime during the course of his time in the NBC building. He surreptitiously alluded to it during the "cowboy hat" part of the conversation.

u2fp

U2Fanatic4ever said:
did everyone else get cut off in the middle of Vertigo? I am so friggin mad!!!!!!!!!!! :madspit: :mad:

yer we all got cut out.

I agree with you Chizip, the interview with Bono was boring, but thats only cause we hear the same thing all the time, there's the casual fan who would have found it more interesting.

bono_man2002 said:

yer we all got cut out.

I agree with you Chizip, the interview with Bono was boring, but thats only cause we hear the same thing all the time, there's the casual fan who would have found it more interesting.

i don't know, i think the causal Conan fan wouldn't be too interested in that kind of interview, they watch for the whacky humor. ive seen lots of quotes from conan fans on another board saying how boring the show was, and it was the first time Conan wasn't funny. i think if there was one time for Bono to do an interview without pushing his causes this would have been the one.

Chizip said:

i don't know, i think the causal Conan fan wouldn't be too interested in that kind of interview, they watch for the whacky humor. ive seen lots of quotes from conan fans on another board saying how boring the show was, and it was the first time Conan wasn't funny. i think if there was one time for Bono to do an interview without pushing his causes this would have been the one.

Would have been an hillarious interview if this we 93, Bono coming out as macphisto to do in the year 2000.

Shade said:
I missed the show, but was told by my brother that Bono seemed rather un-amused and stand-offish with Conan. Did anybody else get that impression?

94275cd1.jpg

a065d31b.jpg

From Queen Bee's stills :wink: Looks happy to me :shrug:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
did everyone else get cut off in the middle of Vertigo? I am so friggin mad!!!!!!!!!!! :madspit: :mad:

Ironically, their very first appearance on US TV , the Tommorow Show with Tom Snyder, their 2nd song was cut off also.This was way back in 1981 & in the same NBC studio! Ive also read that there will be a three DVD set of various Tommorow show performances to be released next year.

i don't think he was standoffish at all. he seemed really into things. the boys looked like they were having a lot of fun. original was beautiful. could have wailed a little more on the guitar, but eitherway, it was AWESOME.

bono_man2002 said:

yer we all got cut out.

thanks bono_man! thought it was just me...aka my DVR. This was worse than the SNL appearance! At least we got the rest of the song and just a couple chords of ABOY.

Cut off in the middle of the song!:madspit:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:
I guess it's NBC...they are running for time for the next show :shrug:

But :madspit: to NBC for doing this!

Overall the show was the best! I :heart: all the songs and I thought the Year 2000 skit was very :lmao:

BUT, did anyone see BEFORE Conan started that Blue Man Group ran over on Jay Leno and WERE ALLOWED TO FINISH? Conan started at 11:37 here, 2 minutes over. I know because I was watching for U2/Conan to start and wondering if it was going to come on in progress.

Now THAT is BS. Blue Man Group can finish and U2 can't? Gotta get Carson Daly started right on time ya know. Don't wanna miss anything he might have to say. UGH:madspit:

Yes I think we all complain to NBC pronto.

Do you guys really need another version of Vertigo?

I personally wish they cut ABOY in half, but that's just me. Bono looked like he was in the Special Olympics with that tambourine.

u2fp

from the mp3's i just heard bono sounds pretty amazing? and even done the screech in aboy, also sounds like they had alot of fun

conan time

don't complain people...honestly, the only thing more retarded than that is Bono with his shaker...conan always starts at 12:37 EST. Officially. If you don't believe me, watch tonight, 12:37 on the dot.
Secondly, U2 knew the time they were due off...conan even said U2 will play us out, which never means a song is done...in fact, the commercials were dead on last night, which is rare for a music segment.
thirdly, it's called television...if you end a song, and then fade to black during applause, it doesn't resonate as much as leaving mid-song...it gives rockafeller a sense of fun and exitement...
in fact, they rehearsed going out at the start of the bridge, like they did, so please stop complaining. They could have left early for commercials into carson's block after Stuck....And how do I know all this, my friend works on set at Conan.

Re: conan time

acrobatphoto said:
don't complain people...honestly, the only thing more retarded than that is Bono with his shaker...conan always starts at 12:37 EST. Officially. If you don't believe me, watch tonight, 12:37 on the dot.
Secondly, U2 knew the time they were due off...conan even said U2 will play us out, which never means a song is done...in fact, the commercials were dead on last night, which is rare for a music segment.
thirdly, it's called television...if you end a song, and then fade to black during applause, it doesn't resonate as much as leaving mid-song...it gives rockafeller a sense of fun and exitement...
in fact, they rehearsed going out at the start of the bridge, like they did, so please stop complaining. They could have left early for commercials into carson's block after Stuck....And how do I know all this, my friend works on set at Conan.

No. You're Carson Daly.

Re: conan time

acrobatphoto said:

thanks for the insight. No one would be aware of this unless they worked in the business. I certainly learned something that I didn't know. So given that we all had no idea how this stuff works give us a break. If we knew this info we wouldn't be complaining as much. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom