MERGED ----> The Killers - Sam's Town

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I must say I'm a bit disappointed with this album. I've only listened to it once, so maybe my initial impression will change, but for now, I don't think it's a strong effort. Certainly not at the level of their first album.

My mom thinks that Brandon Flowers sounds like he'd fit in a punk group and that the lyrics are about satan. :lol:

Crap crap crap.

Overblown garbage that tries to be so much more than it actually is.

And I liked the first album.

There are a few standout tracks as it's been said (my favorites being This River is Wild and Why Do I Keep Counting?), but overall a very disappointing affair.

Really hoping this grows on me.

XHendrix24 said:
Crap crap crap.

Overblown garbage that tries to be so much more than it actually is.

And I liked the first album.

There are a few standout tracks as it's been said (my favorites being This River is Wild and Why Do I Keep Counting?), but overall a very disappointing affair.

Really hoping this grows on me.
My thoughts exactly. I'm definetly giving the whole thing more listens.

I'm a little disappointed. But the first one only had about five good songs anyway. I really like Read My Mind and This River Is Wild.

The MTV leak site does not work with my version Mozilla Firefox, so once I opened it in the evil Explorer, it streamed fine.

Will stream it again before deciding to brashly bash or sycohphantically get flowery about it like Flowers himself.

I think its pretty bad. Read My Mind is ok, For Reasons Unknown is alright too, but as a whole its weak. Really bad lyrics too.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I like When You Were Young, but even from the first listen parts of it made me cringe.

When You Were Young has some really bad lyrics in it. "On the back of a hurricane"

what

i love it sorry! sam's town is great and bling is another good track! also loving bones

i can't understand how anyone can make a coment about an album on 1 listen! surely you need to listen to an album at least 3 times before you can give any creditable review/opion.

andyuk said:
i can't understand how anyone can make a coment about an album on 1 listen! surely you need to listen to an album at least 3 times before you can give any creditable review/opion.

Not always the case. There are some albums that hit me immediately, and you just know upon first listen that what you are listening to is something special.

Of course, there are other times when it does indeed take a few listens to gather an opinion. This album falls into that case for me. I have now listened a few more times, and I can honestly say I still don't think it's a great album, and this is coming from someone who loves Hot Fuss.

I'm not saying the whole thing sucks, as there are a few songs on there I like, but overall, I don't think it's on the same level as the first one.

phanan said:
I'm not saying the whole thing sucks, as there are a few songs on there I like, but overall, I don't think it's on the same level as the first one.

Generally I find myself either agreeing with you on a lot of music or liking your assessment of albums. So what you said has a put a bit of a damper on my anticipation to get the CD on the first day. :(

Back
Top Bottom