MERGED-->stage design drawings, plans, speculation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have read in an interview, I think about Slane that Willie does not like a central mixing desk. Therefore, I would think that its a B-stage (I hope so, it would make my tickets excellent), whatever happens, at least in the stadiums, they will certainly have a b-stage.

Breaking the floor up with several sections would also make it better for the GA push problem. Whatever it is, they will introduce something new.

If you look at the TM seating charts for U2, and compare to "normal" end stage concert seating charts, you'll notice that in many venuse, the U2 stage is definitely farther from the end than the std set up.

Just an observation.

hmm that is interesting, it gives me an idea of where I should be standing now but I suspect that Bono will be on the stage a lot unlike elevation where he had the chance to walk around the heart so that everyone could see him. I still like the elevation setting better,

My stage Idea! Well it's a start anyway

OK you guys are driving me crazy talking about the stage design. I had to try and visualize it somehow. This is what I came up with.

After I drew it I realized that this setup would probably not work out. Oh well I guess I will be making revisions!

Click on this link!

My Stage Visual

Attachments

• stage.jpg
    stage.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
The picture is there now. Looks cool but I'd hate to have seats behind those video screens.

Probably not on top of the steps. Just couldn't figure out what the circular objects were on the seating diagram.

Guess I will be tweaking it some more tomorrow.

I'm thinking some sort of moving stage. the rings undulate like in the video.

draw-backs... too much of a risk both for either a band member or fan and well, i don't think they'd want to shell out the cash for hospitalization and call off the tour. ;)

but a nice circular stage in the middle of the arena would be nice- we oculd all enjoy the view.

that's actually kinda what i imagined the stage to look like too, but i think the oval might need to be elongated a little? at least that's the way it looks to me here...

sandiegoarena.jpg

i like that, I'd love it if that were true (beautiful graphics BTW). However, I am sceptical as some people have tickets behind the strage

it looks like the oval goes all the way around the stage so people with tickets behind the stage shouldn't have a problem, just like last tour with the heart.

It looks good.
But if you saw the Design that WAS posted for the Phoniex show, with a Zoo TV and PopMart like b-stage, i think it will be like that.

does anyone else get a cheesy image of a bad 80's hair band video when thinking of the stage moving in circles or raising and lowering? Kinda like that Flock of Seagulls song, just wrong :no: .

Now, what would be cool, would be a moving conveyor belt on the large oval that could run in either direction.

Remember back a few years ago when Jamiriquai was on the MTV Video Awards and preformed 'Virtual Insanity' live? They had a conveyer belt on stage that probably ran 40 feet or so.

Now, imagine that on the circle and Edge or Bono could move, without walking, out to the very front of the oval. Or, how would it be to see Bono running in the opposite direction that the floor would be moving, like running the wrong way up or down an escalator? Could really be useful in some songs where he needs to get somewhere but can't fight off, and add's a new dimensiion to stage movement without seeming too over the top. To me, I'd be laughing if I saw Larry elevated 20 feet in the air above the rest of the band. I wouldnt be able to take it seriously.

Last edited:
Just updated the link on the first post with ideas from the Pheonix diagram. Enjoy!

Make sure you click on the link, not the download.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom