MERGED --> SAN JOSE 4/9 PICTURES + Me & April's pics & story - Front Row - Saw Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I talked to Adam Clayton

Unbelievable shots! I was at the show last night (Saturday). Wasn't on the floor but in section 208 which had me one seat over from dead-on center. We were in row 6 but were lucky that there were no seats in front of us because it was the ramp for the stairs.

Ok, so I read all the warnings and didn't bring a camera. Did you take all your shots with a camera or a phone? I've never been to the HP Pavillion so took no chances bring anything in. I actually from Boston and will be seeing them there in October. If you think getting a camera in is no biggie, I'll definitely bring one into the Boston show.

After seeing a great show, I totally lucked out as the band is staying at my hotel. They all had dinner in the back restaurant and I ran into Adam Clayton. Actually got to talk to him for 10 seconds:
Me: Thanks for a great show!
Adam: Glad you liked it. Appreciate hearing that
Me: Came all the way from Boston to see it and well worth it
Adam: Great. Have a good night!

Then hung out at a very respectable distance just to catch a glimpse of the rest of the band. Bono came out and gave a "whats up" head nod. He's pretty small in person.

Their security guy is a total jerk. Came over and says "You a fan?" and automatic reply of "Yes" then he goes on to say to me 3 other random people the "band would appreciate it if I left". Who the hell is this chump? How does he know what the band would appreciate? No one took a picture or said a word as Adam and Bono went up the elevator. Total power trip. If it wasn't for fans, this clown would be pumping gas for minimum wage some where.

I think Adam called him "Murph", big tall thin guy who got in my face when adam came out of the restaurant and started to head to the elevator. I've always heard that the band was approachable. I'm not a fanatic fan (this was my 1st u2 concert ever) and I only talked to Adam because he started talking to "Murph" who was 2" from my face and then smiled at me.

I hope it was this guy being a jerk and that the band really has no time or desire just to say hi to its fans.

Yeah definately sounds like that security guy was just being a jerk. :tsk:

Glad you had a great time! I think most venues allow digital cameras, just not cameras with detachable lenses. It's always best to just ask security when you get there.

Here are the few that Jim took that came out ok.

16867bonodriving3.jpg

16867bonoellipse.jpg

16867bonoellipse2.jpg

16867edgeellipse.jpg

Today we went back to the arena to try and meet the band. We got there around 4 and the crowd was already five deep, but after a bit we made it to the second and third rows. We talked to some other fans, and I got a ONE bracelet from one of them after I mentioned I hadn't gotten the ones I ordered yet. So if you're reading this, thanks! :) We saw Arun and Kelly again and chatted with them as well. Hope you had great second shows tonight, guys.

We saw them drive in again about forty five minutes after we got there. Bono was on his cell and waved to us, and after a bit John (his bodyguard) came out and explained to us that he had been out till 4 am last night and then had an EDUN event with Ali today so he was hoarse and wouldn't be coming out. At first we we were thinking, "He can still write, can't he?" but this is Bono, right? ;) He'd have wanted to be able to talk to us! John said he'd come out after soundcheck to update us on the situation, but he never did.

After another hour or so, it was evident none of the guys were coming out, so we left. :( We can't complain too much, though. Seeing Bono yesterday and getting front row in the ellipse was more than enough for us. :up: (The Bono smiling at us thing wasn't bad, either. ;) )

As soon as I get home tomorrow night I'm going to post my pics.

Great weekend, good times! Sicy and Jim have been awesome the entire weekend, and I'd like to thank them for letting me crash on their couch. You guys are the best. :hug: (An extra thanks to Jim for getting the magic beep! lol)

Time for this girl to hit the hay. :yawn: Can't wait till Philly! :hyper:

Last edited:
I can confirm he didn't leave the restaurant until 3:15am so no lie there. I just went down and checked it out and they are back at the same restaurant (which is actually closed today - so they must have pulled some strings opening it).

Was up way too late last night waiting for a peak and don't want to have to put up with the threatening postures of the tall skinny bodyguard all night so I'm off to bed. But if others want to see them - Fairmont Hotel in the Pagoda restaurant.

Good luck.

Edge was the cutest.. during Mysterious Ways he was doing this little dance.. kinda like a thrusting thing with his hand out. You would have died :wink:

Wonderful story and wonderful pics!!!

Edge was the cutest.. during Mysterious Ways he was doing this little dance.. kinda like a thrusting thing with his hand out. You would have died

Ooooh, wish I had seen that!!! :drool:

No I do not mind if anyone saves the pictures.. :) Just as long as I get the credit! :wink:

I had a blast on Sat/Sun!! :D

Saturday, I ended up on the outside of the ellispe but on the RAIL!! a little to the right of the center. When Bono came out for the first song he stood in front of me for a couple minutes before lights came on and then after they did.

I wrote more about this weekend in my journal ;)

Sun I had seated tixs behind the stage. Great show!!!

Sicy I love the photos and I am so glad you were able to take photos of Bono coming into the arena bc I wasnt able to.

Sicy said:
I did use my Kodak .. took most of them with no flash.. a couple with flash. I had to hold the camera very still though and if they moved around too much the pics were blurry.

awesome. can you believe i ended up buying another easyshare, AFTER i had already sent you that memory card? :| i had to get another one, lol.

that's so cool. it gives me hope that i can get some great shots in phoenix on friday.

Sicy said:
Edge was the cutest.. during Mysterious Ways he was doing this little dance.. kinda like a thrusting thing with his hand out. You would have died :wink:

Awwww! :cute: It sort of sounds like the dance he did in Chicago on the last tour. The man likes to dance, lol. Though, considering who his wife is, you'd think he would be better at it. :wink:

Hey gang, This was first my concert and it was fantastic! My legs were hurting from all the standing around but once the music started I was jumping around and having a good time; nothing hurt after that! I was surprised at how many songs I actually knew the words too. I would definately go again cause they bring a lot of energy and excitement to a show.

I had the winning ticket to go to the middle of the oval but I gave to my sweet Sicy. :heart: I'm glad one of our tickets beeped, Sicy looked disappointed when hers didnt beep. YAY! :kiss:

Bono and Edge frequented our area quite a bit and I took several shots but they came out bad cause I couldn't disable the flash and couldn't get the camera over people cheering arms. I tried. maybe next time I'll bring my digital so I have more control on the options and the pics.

Good Times! :hyper:

The flash only works for objects right in front of you. That's why you get these bright ass pics of peoples heads and arms :crack: If there is light on the band, you shouldnt need a flash.

Great story and great pix Sicy! The ones of Bono in the SUV are especially hot! I was on the rail outside of the ellipse that night and Bono grabbed my friend's camera, took a picture of us and then took a picture of himself. She brought the film in this morning and I hope they came out (it was a disposable).

Your story is so exciting and I can relate cause the same thing happened to me at the second show. My friend got the Vertigo screen and we ended up front row and center right in front of B! We kept looking at each other and laughing until U2 came on cause we just couldn't believe it!

Those were two pretty amazing shows! I always love the "hometown" shows best!

bratty_cat said:
Bono grabbed my friend's camera, took a picture of us and then took a picture of himself. She brought the film in this morning and I hope they came out (it was a disposable).

OMG that is so cool!! You have to come back to post as soon as she gets them back! :laugh:

bratty_cat said:
Great story and great pix Sicy! The ones of Bono in the SUV are especially hot! I was on the rail outside of the ellipse that night and Bono grabbed my friend's camera, took a picture of us and then took a picture of himself. She brought the film in this morning and I hope they came out (it was a disposable).

i can't tell what's going on in this photo, but could this be a picture of bono with your friend's camera? :eyebrow: it looks like he's grabbing something from the crowd...

d182c0e2.jpg

(thanks to kellyahern for posting this pic in Pleba!)

Last edited:
*Ally* said:

i can't tell what's going on in this photo, but could this be a picture of bono with your friend's camera? :eyebrow: it looks like he's grabbing something from the crowd...

d182c0e2.jpg

(thanks to kellyahern for posting this pic in Pleba!)

That one looks like when he gave his first pair a shades to someone in the audience.

I should also make an clarification to my previous post. I mentioned that this was my first concert. What I meant was first U2 concert. :)

daafish said:
That one looks like when he gave his first pair a shades to someone in the audience.

Someone told me that he was giving them to security.. and that he does that often. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom