MERGED --> SAN JOSE 4/9 PICTURES + Me & April's pics & story - Front Row - Saw Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
SAN JOSE 4/9 - My pics & story - Saw Bono - Front row!

So me, LarryMullen's_POPAngel (April), daafish (Jim) and Diemen (Adam) and Adam's brother arrived at the arena around 10:15am and checked in and got our wristbands. We were around #150, pretty cool! Everyone just basically got their wristbands and left. We went to breakfast and came back and met up with adamswildhoney, moon playing tricks, saw Arun, U2SJ, Reggie Thee Dog, Anu and others. We decied to go around back and see if we could meet the band. After waiting from about 1:30 to 3:30pm, the VERTIGO PLANE flew right over us :hyper: It was too cool... everyone started yelling. So the band must have landed at the airport and jammed to the venue because it was only about 20 minutes until they drove up. Larry, Adam and Edge in seperate cars pulled in. Edge gave a thumbs up but it was hard too see through the tinted windows! Bono showed up quite a bit after them, except he rolled his window down and waved to us, pointed to his watch and said "one hour! Be back here one hour" So we were really excited but worried because we had to be back in the GA line by 5pm or they said they would send us to the back of the line. So 5pm rolls around and we had to go :( Bono came out like 15 - 20 minutes after we left. Bummer but.. we didnt want to risk getting a good spot in the venue (and it was worth it!).

The San Jose venue was pretty well organized. We were all in one big line then when it was time to go in they just pointed from side to side "floor here" "FAN here" and we split up accordingly. Me and Jim had floor and April and Diemen had FAN. We were pretty close to each other so in case any of us 'beeped' we could grab someone else. Well no one beeped and we were kind of bummed but then Jim who was the last of us to get his ticket scanned, beeped!! So since he is not so hardcore like us interferencers ;) he gave me his ticket and I took April into the ellipse. FRONT ROW! Edge's side. It was so incredible.. no words!! :combust:

I have tons of pics so I'll start posting.. and see how far I get. I am soooooooooo tired I may have to post the rest tomorrow. Oh ya Sean Penn was in the Ellipse :ohmy: :lol:

This band is just so INCREDIBLE! I am feeling very lucky and blessed to have had such a wonderful experience :heart:

Awww....I'm so happy for you Sicy! :hug:

I can't wait to see your pics. Is the GA line going to be like that at all the venues? I have GA tix for Glendale next Thursday and I'm hoping not to wait in line all day if we don't have to. Guess I'll find out when I get there.

Anyway, glad you had a blast. It would have been nice to meet Bono but I wouldn't miss those front row spots for anything either!

I can't even believe I'm still awake, but here I am!

Sicy didn't leave out a single thing, so there's not really much I can say except thank god Jim's ticket beeped! :bow: We were all bummed that none of us had beeped and when we saw that his ticket had we almost flipped out right there, lol. Once inside the ellipse my eyes zeroed in on Edge's side and, to my surprise, it was still empty! We rushed to secure our spot and proceeded to shake our heads in disbelief. Not only were we in the ellipse, we were FRONT ROW!

Kings of Leon were alright - not quite what I expected from a band I really like. (Sorry, Kris. :slant: ) We tried to get Dallas's attention to score some picks, but to no avail.

The show was amazing. I just love this band so much. :heart: :sad: :bow: I had a great time tonight, and to those I called, I hope you were able to make out what was going on! :sexywink: I took a TON of pics. I can't wait to upload them when I get home Monday night. :hyper:

It's been an awesome trip, meeting/seeing everyone again, and the show was even more than I expected. :up:

OK, off to bed! :wave:

Last edited:
Here's left to right, adamswildhoney, LarryMullen's_POPAngel, Diemen, Arun and Moonie.

16867interfgroup2.jpg

The plane!
16867vertigoplane.jpg

Bono arrives
16867bonodriving1.jpg

16867bonodriving.jpg

16867bonodriving2.jpg

View from the stands
16867ellipseview.jpg

View from our spot at the ellipse (behind us)
16867ellipse.jpg

In the ellipse
16867aprilsicyellipse.jpg

Sean Penn
16867seanpenn.jpg

Ok I think that's it! Lots of them were blurry.. Bono just cant stand still for a minute :mad: :lol:

April took a lot of pictures and they came out great.. but we'll have to wait until she returns home to Michigan. Jim also took some with a disposable from outside the ellipse. I'll probably develop them tomorrow. I uploaded all my pics to the Tour Photos gallery so you can also look there!

And now, I go pass out.. :yawn:

wow, great pics! thanks!

I have a few questions...

first, how long did Bono's shades stay off tonight?

also, did Dallas come onstage and play with them? or was that just a pic from before the show?

looks like you guys had a great time :up:

wow... great photos, and CONGRATS on getting into the ellipse!!! you are very lucky!! :)

i love the pic of the Vertigo plane!!! :wink:

are you guys going to the show tonight, too?

Sicy and April!!! :ohmy:

Congratulations!!!

:hyper: :hyper:

And you spotted da plaaaaaaaaaaane! da plaaaaaaaaane!

So happy for you :hyper: :hyper:

Re: SAN JOSE 4/9 - My pics & story - Saw Bono - Front row!

Sicy said:
After waiting from about 1:30 to 3:30pm, the VERTIGO PLANE flew right over us :hyper: It was too cool... everyone started yelling.

Again?!? omg :ohmy: :faint:

Holy shit you got some great pics. Awesome story and pics, thanks for sharing. :D

And thanks soooo much for letting me hear MD. :heart: Hopefully my atrocious drunken singing didn't come through the phone. :shifty:

Seems like you had so much fun!!! I was in the same spot in providence during elevation, and it was so surreal!

April.. I'm so sorry I missed your call!! :(

Holy crap, I'm SO happy for you guys!!! You couldn't have had better luck :D :applaud:

You're pics are amazing and I can't wait to see April's!

WOOOOO!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Great pics Sicy!! Im going to tonights show and cant wait to see them!! Congrats on getting up close:drool:

WOW...You guys are great. Thanks for sharing with us. Those are great photos. You are soooo lucky! There's a blond haired guy in the picture of Sean Penn that looks like that actor..always getting into trouble...uhh...oh I know, Gary Busey. But maybe a little too young to be him. It pretty much sucks though that these celebs get into the elipse automatically...one less space for us die-hards :(

Back
Top Bottom