MERGED--->Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Jan 03 + ? About The RnR HOF + About the big U2...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kristie said:
I would come
if I ever get a damn car
anybody going by Indianapolis? :)

Hey I go to IU and would have to go thru INDY to go to Cleveland. I can take you!

This gathering should be a lot of fun. I went to the RRHF in April and it was great. I didn't get to spend an entire day. There was so much to see and the U2 stuff they had was so cool (They had some Trabants from the ceiling and Macphisto suit, and Pop Muscle man outfit.

Already something to look forward to!!!!

My dad and I have still been talking about going to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I will have to mention this again to see if mayhaps he'd be interested!

U2SavesTheWorld said:
It seems as if this will become a reality in February....

I'm going to go.....I vote for an Interference gathering at the opening.

:|

Not only can't I do Cleveland in February, I won't. :wink: Snow? Freezing my ample ass off? No deal, darlins.

I'm probably going to hit it in late July on the long way from my house to Sturgis.

too cold

I'm with you Martha.

It must be a California thing. Feb is way too freakin' cold in Cleveland. I vote for Summer as well

:yes:

well, I'm sort of at Purdue which isn't really Indianapolis, it's like a little less than an hour northwest... I was generalizing :D
But whenever this meeting IS decided I'd still really appreciate it if someone picked me up since I am STILL carless. :yes:

another Ca girl, I'm up for a convention in the summer, too...but mostly because of school and work, I love the snow!

I finally have an excuse to go to Cleveland :)

Kristie said:
well, I'm sort of at Purdue which isn't really Indianapolis, it's like a little less than an hour northwest... I was generalizing :D
But whenever this meeting IS decided I'd still really appreciate it if someone picked me up since I am STILL carless. :yes:

I may be passing through Indiana in late July. :cool:

Since I can't make the Vegas trip....

I will be in Cleveland the weekend of March 15 for my 30th !
Hopefully it wont be as bone chilling then......

OK, let me see if I can figure this out. I have a big time commitment to a trip to the New Orleans area for mid-March. Cleveland is too darn cold for this Southern girl before then anyway. Then........I need to figure out......a trip to Cleveland! I haven't talked to anyone about this yet. I have to save the $$ and stuff.........I'd be a fool not to go to this.

Question about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame thing

OK, so I bought my ticket to the opening party thing.....but its for members only. I went though TicketMaster and they sold me a ticket....
Do you guys think that they will be asking for membership ID at the door or what?

I guess I need to go register to become a member....what are you guys doing?

This is my confirmation from TM: You have ordered to: U2 Exhibition Party *** Members Only Night ***

They never asked me for a membership number or anything....

:huh:

I emailed them about it - this was the response I got today:

-------------------------------------------

What i sent to R&R contact:

Hi Todd,
You may not get this til Monday, but I have a question re the Members Only night on Feb 8th.

IN THE NAME OF LOVE: Two Decades of U2 will
open on Saturday, February 8 at 6:30 p.m. with a
special preview party. This party is open to
Museum members and their guests. Tickets are
$15.00 and go on sale Monday, January 13
through Ticketmaster and at the Museum box
office. Tickets are limited. Members must show
their membership card at the door for entry to the
party. The event will include a special viewing of
the U2 exhibit, a short lecture by James Henke,
Vice President of Exhibitions and Curatorial Affairs,
light hors d'oeuvres, drinks and more.

In addition, a special U2 fan celebration is in the
works for Spring 2003.

I am willing to become a member to be able to attend this, but:
-your site says "Member card and guest passes are sent under separate cover within 4-6 weeks after payment receipt." Since that wouldn't come in time for Feb 8th, would I still be able to attend the party?
-If me and 3 friends want to go, do we each need to have a ticket from Ticketmaster *and* three guest passes?
-If we just buy tix from ticketmaster on Monday and have those in hand, can we just take care of the membership once we get to Cleveland?

Sorry - I'm just a bit confused and it will be alot of money to spend and a 5 hour drive wasted if we can't get in.

Thanks-

Response:

Good morning. You must have some proof that you joined in order to gain access to the Members Only party. To guarantee this, you must join in one of two ways:

1. Call our office at 888.588.ROCK, ext. 3, and purchase a membership over the phone. You will get your membership packet and a temporary card in the mail within one to two weeks, which you can present at the door as proof of membership. Cut off for joining by phone is January 31.
2. Sign up for membership online at www.rockhall.com. Print the receipt that is automatically e-mailed to you and present it at the door with your ticket.

As for guests and tickets, you may purchase the party tickets for your friends, but they MUST accompany you at the door when you enter the party or they will not be admitted. You will not need the member guest passes to get them into the party, just the $15 party tickets.

If you have any questions, feel free to call us in the membership department at the number I listed above.

Thanks for becoming a member, and see you on February 8!

Missy S. Toms
Membership Manager
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum
One Key Plaza
Cleveland, OH 44114-1022
mtoms@rockhall.org <mailto:mtoms@rockhall.org>
888.588.ROCK
Fax: 216.515.1998

---------------------------------

Hope that helps!

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet. Thats what I needed!
OK, so I'm going to become a member now.....

And I'm going to book my flight....
I'll be in around 4:30 on Saturday in case anyone cares.

Thanks for clearing up the memship pass thing. I was worried I wouldn't get mine in time either.
Definitely need something Rock & roll to wear. *needs to go shopping*
There's supposed to be a party at the Hard Rock cafe that night also.
Can't wait.

edited cause:

I don't think you need a long dress or anything. More like cocktail party stuff.

Last edited:
U2SavesTheWorld said:
Wait. Seriously?

:shifty:

Well, this sounds dress-up to me:

The event will include a special viewing of
the U2 exhibit, a short lecture by James Henke,
Vice President of Exhibitions and Curatorial Affairs,
light hors d'oeuvres, drinks and more.

Ya think?

Latest posts

Back