MERGED -> Propaganda letters anyone? + where do I sign up and join? + After reading..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Excuse me if this has been noted already:

2 tickets for arena and 4 for stadiums. But the U.S. is going to be an all-arena tour, so 2 tickets for Americans.

For Elevation, we got 2 shows each, will it be the same? 2 shows per subscription of U2.com, with a pair of tickets for each?

When does the pre-sale happen?

That was exactly my point... I hope we still get two shows... otherwise, just getting two tickets will plainly suck. We need at least two shows!!!! (and I mean two for the first leg, and two for the third leg... when they come back).

They mentioned that the pre-sale will take place a week before the general sale. So, with the rumors we currently have in the market, I would be looking at the second week of January or so.

bonosloveslave said:
U2SavesTheWorld spent $40 for the membership thinking her letter was not coming, then the next day it did. She talked to someone at FanFire:

Apparently in that brief window of time that people signed up, it was a website glitch and you weren't supposed to be able to sign up yet, almost 1,000 people did during that time. So I would call Fanfire to talk to someone if you spent the $40 and then got your letter.
I was one of the 1,000 and I later got the letter as well. I think I'll wait until they get the whole thing up and officially running before I call, rather than having to do it twice.

In the 2 seconds that U2.com was up, I managed to read that U.S. letter should start going out on the week on November 29th, which is indeed this week, so my sense is that we should probably wait until Friday before calling.

BTW, I think that Propaganda subscribers should have been allowed to join for free and not pay $20...

If I wait until after Christmas to put down my $40 (what a lousy time of year to ask this of the fans), do you think I'll be okay? I know former Prop members get special attention, but does everyone else get grouped equally no matter when they signed up?

In theory this is a great promotion. In theory.

I'm like a lot of people in that I subscribed to propoganda and I only received 2 issues of the 4 I was supposed to get. I live in Canada and I haven't received my letter.

If I were to join U2.com and spend my $40.00 before I got any letter, would I be refunded for the difference? Not likely. What if I don't get a letter by the time the tickets go on sale for the next tour. What if I also just want to be a member of U2.com?

In theory this is a great promotion.

In reality it is so completely confusing. To be safe I almost want to join first and not worry if I get a letter or not.

Any thoughts?:hmm: :sigh:

Sherry Darling said:
No letter for me. I joined in time to get tickets for the Elevation, but never got any magazines. *sigh* I sent them my new addy but who knows? Any advice? I guess I need to call the # that was posted? :)

Not...panicking...:eek:

sd

I think I got 2 magazines....but I never updated my address when I moved (the second time)....Is the number posted the number I need to call to find out my ID#? Someone? Anyone?

Slightly....panicking....:eek:

youtwohearts said:

Me EITHER. IT IS NEVER COMING.

Although they said Dec. 1st it should have the Prop info so I am calling tomorrow againg. I will let everyone know.

I feel better today because on that U2.com development page it specifically says the letters in the U.S. would begin to be sent during the week of the 29th.

Forget it, who am I kidding I'm totally stressing out about this stupid letter.

Is it very pathetic to scour every meaningless flyer that comes in the mail with the hope that the idiot mailperson stuck the letter in with the junk mail?

Last edited:
FYI - my letter was sent to my mom's address in TN. I did an address change through the Propaganda web site no less than 3 times the last 4 years (the last one being about two months ago) and they sent it to my childhood home, the original address that I started the membership with.

I am not sure how this happened because I moved several times updating Propaganda with everymove. I even have confirmations from Terri saved!

Luckily my mom lives in the same house I started the membership in!

Oh lookie, there's yet another Athenian! :wave:

Not that this is going to make anyone feel any better but I also received my letter today after having it sent all over the state of Georgia to get here. It also was originally sent out on the 22nd from Sacramento. Pre-sorted first class.
It's been a while, but I've had to deal with bulk mail in a previous job. These mailings were usually printed/stuffed/sealed/etc... by zip code...

Has anyone ever received a response from terri at propaganda?

I emailed her a while back about my address change and submitted a address change on u2 propaganda. And I got no response from her.
Is that email address still good? (terri@u2propaganda.com)

I live outside of DC and I got my letter yesterday. I'm a bit surprised. I subscribed to Propaganda several years ago and I think I only got one magazine. I remember feeling like I had lost out at the time...glad to see I'm finally going get my money's worth.

dream wanderer

I sent in an address change about 2 months ago through the Propaganda web site and I got a confirmation e-mail back from Terri telling me that it was taken care of. But I didn't save the e-mail. Bummer.

Even with the confirmation sent by Terri, the letter everyone is waiting on was still sent to the wrong address!

U2@NYC said:
In the 2 seconds that U2.com was up, I managed to read that U.S. letter should start going out on the week on November 29th, which is indeed this week, so my sense is that we should probably wait until Friday before calling.

BTW, I think that Propaganda subscribers should have been allowed to join for free and not pay $20...

Hmmm...that's today. I guess it's not panic time yet. I'll wait for Sat or next Monday to panic. :p

And no, we shouldn't have to pay, esp. having received no magazines. Shame on them!

SD

NHChris said:
I live in New Hampshire and received my letter and membership ID card today. It was postmarked from Sacramento November 22, to give you a sense of perspective on where the letter was sent from and when.

Chris in NH

Sacramento? I live in Sacramento and I still haven't gotten my letter!!

I got my card and letter on Monday of this week, and the one gripe I have is the FONT used for my membership number on the back of the card. I can't tell whether it's an 'A' or an 'R,' a '0' or a 'D' etc.

U2Fanatic4ever said:
Has anyone ever received a response from terri at propaganda?

I emailed her a while back about my address change and submitted a address change on u2 propaganda. And I got no response from her.
Is that email address still good? (terri@u2propaganda.com)

I am in the same situation. :sad:
It really pisses me off that this thing is so disorganized. I also submitted a change of addy and heard nothing back. I have also emailed Terri directly and in the past she used to respond when I had questions, but I have had NO response about anything.
I have all the info I originally signed up with, but still cannot find my damn membership number anywhere. I even found the forms I filled out in 2001 for the tickets and I found all my magazines...but there is no ID # anywhere.
When I called Fanfire, #1 the woman was very unfriendly, #2 she told me without the ID# there is no way to figure out if you were a member (Why they cant look this up by name or email I will never understand) and #3 she claims that the old Prop people WILL NOT have priority to get tickets over the new U2.com people. She sais that the only benefit the old Prop people are gonna get is the 20 bucks off. She actually laughed at me when I told her that the old Prop people will get to the front of the line.
Im not too sure how this new fanclub is going to work. :huh: :mad:

No letter, no confirmation of having received my address change over the summer, no response to my inquiry as to whether they received my address change, which is all consistent with my experience with Propaganda. I never got any tickets through them either and have always been fortunate to get great seats on my own, so if I never hear from them, it's really not a big deal to me.

I am a similarly depressing situation -- no letter, no responde from Propaganda. I recently moved and changed my address, but never received a response.

But, I'm reading that some of you have a Fanfire phone number to call? Could someone please post that or e-mail it to me? I am certain I have some issues left on my Prop subscription, so I am REALLY hoping that can find me somewhere. Thanks so much!

jon_lemire@hotmail.com

I called again today but I got Mrs. Stupid Person on the phone. They still said they can't give any information until U2.com is up and running. So I said can you tell me if you will have the Prop. database and Mrs. Stupid Person kept saying that I will have to go onto U2.com and check to see if they are up. Hello, was the question to difficult to understand.

Knock knock, Hello McFly.

Back
Top Bottom