MERGED --> Old Propaganda Members are First in Line!!!+Presale This Tuesday/ Presale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wish I knew, however I haven't been able to get that info. I do know this, the Northern CA. shows on the first leg will be in Oakland. Dates were originally May 2 & 3, but I am assuming this has changed. I hope to know more tomorrow.

Oakland is my venue woo! I just got the email from u2.com too. I am mad that I have to be at work. Hope I can pull it off.

Help!

I'm in the UK....if I pay the $40 for the membership tomorrow, do you think I'll be too late to take advantage of this offer on Monday ?

i hope that offer is right: 4 tickets per stadium show---so it means you can buy it for every stadium in Europe???!?!?!Great!

Don't worry bono_man2002--i'm not going to san diego!

tilen said:

Depending on how many shows and how much money i have, i might not go if theres 2 shows.
Might wait for L.A or something, where there should be 3-4 shows, maybe.

Ok,, so my question is it says 10AM Local Time. I have to assume that means 10AM at the venue you want to buy.

As an example 10AM EST if you want to buy tickets in NY, MASS etc, 11 AM EST if you want to buy tickets for Illinois, Texas, 12PM EST for tickets in Nevada, and 1PM EST for tickets in California?

Am I reading this correctly?

I think its 10AM Eastren Standard Time, going by eastern america (d'ah)

So when its 10AM in say, New York.....they would go on sale whatever time it is in say, L.A

or is that what your already saying :scratch:

bono_man2002 said:
I think its 10AM Eastren Standard Time, going by eastern america (d'ah)

So when its 10AM in say, New York.....they would go on sale whatever time it is in say, L.A

or is that what your already saying :scratch:

But read carefully the email doesn't say 10 EST, it says 10 am Local Time, which is why I'm assuming it's 10AM at the venue of interest.

For the North American tickets do you all think the announcement will be for both legs of the trek or just the first leg? If it is just first leg dates announced will we be able to by 2 more tickets when the second leg is announce later in the year?

ramblin rose said:
But read carefully the email it doesn't say 10 EST, it says 10 am Local Time.

Hmmm, where is U2.com located? :)

Then i'd say you are right, in that its 10am in the area which you wish to see U2....maybe.

bono_man2002 said:

Hmmm, where is U2.com located? :)

Then i'd say you are right, in that its 10am in the area which you wish to see U2....maybe.

This would actually be much better in that the system won't be swamped at 10AM EST is would be staggered through several hours.

tilen said:
i hope that offer is right: 4 tickets per stadium show---so it means you can buy it for every stadium in Europe???!?!?!Great!

It says "4 tickets for any single outdoor (European) show".

Blue Room said:

I guess its bullshit because they said when Prop members signed up that they will get priority over everyone else. Sorry :( We will see if it holds true though
I don't remember anything indicating that former Prop members get priority over any other U2.com member when buying tickets so I don't know where people are getting that idea. All they said is that, as former Prop members, we would get a discount on the membership cost.

For people who haven't received the email this is how they word the start times:

Q - When will the Internet presale begin?
A - The U2.Com Internet pre-sale will begin at 10 am GMT in Europe and 10AM local time in North America on Tuesday 25th January.

Q - Does the Internet pre-sale start on the same day for all shows?
A - No. Following the tour announcement you will be able to view all of the shows included in the pre-sale and the start date of the pre-sale for each show by following the links in the email containing your unique access code.

I think they do mean local time for each venue not EST but it isn't really clear. I guess whether or not we will be able to get tickets for more than one leg of the tour will depend on whether or not they announce the entire tour schedule Monday or just the first two legs. Since we've been hearing all kinds of rumors about dates being already scheduled in October and November, I have a feeling they are going to announce the whole tour so we will probably have to select only one show.

Last edited:
Zootomic said:
I don't remember anything indicating that former Prop members get priority over any other U2.com member when buying tickets so I don't know where people are getting that idea. All they said is that, as former Prop members, we would get a discount on the membership cost.

I think the confusion comes in with the Q&A that was distributed a couple of months ago regarding Prop members joining U2.com

Q - What about non-Propaganda subscribers who become members of U2.Com
? A - All U2.Com members will be able to buy tickets for the 2005 Tour but Propaganda subscribers who join U2.Com go straight to the front of the line when the concert tickets are made available.

As it turns out all this apparently meant was that we got the email with the presale code 30 minutes prior to everyone else. :|

ramblin rose said:

I think the confusion comes in with the Q&A that was distributed a couple of months ago regarding Prop members joining U2.com

Q - What about non-Propaganda subscribers who become members of U2.Com
? A - All U2.Com members will be able to buy tickets for the 2005 Tour but Propaganda subscribers who join U2.Com go straight to the front of the line when the concert tickets are made available.

As it turns out all this apparently meant was that we got the email with the presale code 30 minutes prior to everyone else. :|
Okay. I didn't remember that part. I can see how that would lead people to think Prop members got first choice. I was a longtime Prop subscriber and I would love to get priority but I think it would be unfair to the other U2.com members. I was happy just getting a membership discount.

Zootomic said:

Okay. I didn't remember that part. I can see how that would lead people to think Prop members got first choice. I was a longtime Prop subscriber and I would love to get priority but I think it would be unfair to the other U2.com members. I was happy just getting a membership discount.

You're absolutely right. I'm actually just happy they're touring at all!

Back
Top Bottom