MERGED--> new album 20th november! +New Best Of on November 20th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. out of control
2. the electric co.
3. gloria
4. 40
5. A sort of homecoming
6. running to standstill
7. one tree hill
8. in gods country
9. heartland
10. The fly
11. Acrobat
12. Zooropa
13. Lemon
14. Elevation
15 . Walk on
16. City of Blinding Lights
17. Original of the species
18. Vertigo

now that right there, what could be the second tier of u2 songs, is better than any collection or best of with maybe one or two exceptions

maybe this is all just an excuse to re-work the Pop album once again. god bless em....

Mofo (new mix) :drool:

this time..,

(music stops)
Lookin for to save my, save my soul!
(starts)

:drool:

phillyfan26 said:

What do you mean? It'll be an Abbey Road song. There are no Abbey Road clips. None of us really can tell you.

Well, potentially one of the 4 Beach Clips could be there. For all we know, those are the only 4 songs that were recorded at Abbey Road, besides Saints.

If those 4 are options, by guess is 404/All My Life. HUGE song, IMO. :yes: A song that'd get a ton of airplay, some nice accolades, and take over the whole season, much like Sweetest Thing did.

I don't believe the procedes from the album are going to New Orleans.

From U2.com.

Ahead of the new collection, the U2/Green Day version of The Skids’ track ‘The Saints Are Coming’ will be released as a digital download on 30th October and as a CD single on 6th November.

Proceeds from ‘The Saints’ will benefit Music Rising

Probably the 16 tracks will be all too predictable.
There will be no non singles.

I will Follow
New Years Day
Pride
With Or Without You
I still Havent found
Streets
Angel Of Harlem
All I want is you
Mysterious ways
One
Stay
Beautiful Day
Stuck in a monent
Walk on
Vertigo
Sometimes

Universal Music is going to propose their entire catalogue for free on their website, this Best Of is a good way to promote it, you love the Best Of of U2 ? Visit our site, listen to old albums and download some stuff.
It's a very logic move.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

Should we have a 3-way makeout session? :sexywink:

You're the only one that seems to be making any sense in this thread :wink:

i'm wondering ... for those of us who are thrilled to download a new song but don't want to spend the cash on stuff we've lovingly purchased in the past, do you think iTunes is going to make the new song available only if you download the whole album?

because that would piss me off.

Wow, I must say that I'm fairly taken aback by this announcement. It's seriously one of the LAST things I expected this year. I mean, it just doesn't make any sense at all. But that has already been discussed to death already and will be until and after the album's release, so I won't talk about that now.

What IS exciting is a new friggen song! I'm already digging The Saints, and I think I like Rubin's production. I can't wait to see what he can do with solely U2 and their own material. This track will be the real test for Rubin and a good sample of what we can expect from a new album.

This Best Of is still incredibly dissappointing, but I still predict a Fall 2007 album, and this sort of only reinforces my initial prediction. But hey, it can't be all bad. A lot of you are overracting. This compilation really won't mean anything in the long run. It will be forgotten in under a year's time as soon as new album news really starts kicking. And in the end, none of us will really care about this release. Yet, on the plus side, we get a brand new Abbey Road song. How cool is that?

I really really really hope Vertigo isn't on this.
But looking at the past best ofs it will probably be in it twice.

only 14 songs from the whole catalogue that´s tough.

one
where the streets have no name
pride
still haven't found
beautiful day
i will follow
new year's day
sunday bloody sunday
with or without you
all i want is you
original of the species
sometimes you can't make it on your own
stuck in a moment
city of blinding lights
the saints are coming
New track (MERCY?????????)

(Hidden track THE FLY)

i really don't understand why people are getting so pissed about this.

in less than two months, we'll have a brand new song! so what if they want to squeeze it in with their hits. it's a brand new song!

Well, since we're all doing it I might as well post my tracklist prediction just for fun.

1. I Will Follow
2. Sunday Bloody Sunday
3. New Years Day
4. Pride
5. Bad
6. Where The Streets Have No Name
7. With or Without You
8. Desire
9. One
10. Mysterious Ways
11. Stay (Faraway, So Close)
12. Discotheque
13. Beautiful Day
14. Walk On
15. Vertigo
16. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
17. The Saints Are Coming
18. Abbey Road Track #1

WOAH 2 disc sucx!!! Let's put them on...uh...what's less than 2? Oh yeah, 1! 1 Disc greatest hits? Brilliant!

I think they are just getting that third best of out there to maybe jump ship from universal... or it may be an attempt to have a 'soundtrack' for u2 by u2. no matter what, no one is going to agree on what the 16 best u2 tracks are, so no matter what not everyone is going to be happy. here is what i think will be the 16:

i will follow
gloria (iffy)
sbs
nyd
bad
pride
streets
wowoy
i still...
all i want is you (maybe not, depends)
one
mysterious
stay
bd
walk on
vertigo
new song
saints

man... after making this list, i can see that this is gonna really piss off some people. yeah, this is pointless on their part, it's only going to make them come off as desperate or as washed up. or it's just a stopgap between albums to keep our mouths shut. remember, didn't u2.com say that they only recorded 3 songs with rubin so far, that means two of them (saints included) will be on this. blaaahh, that means alot more work to be done on a new album.

Old stuff to get a new tune, just ignore the old and concentrate on the fact that we get a new one. Maybe they'll surprise us and it will be a Best of Live or something, but I think this is definitely the CD that may have been coming with the deluxe and that's why we're getting it. New album 2007?? Hard to say now, 2008 will more like it bc this is sort of a stopgap but Rubin is quick!! Regardless, this is positive instead of having a lot of time go by with nothing going on!

according to edge on a irish radio station just before :

his daughter is doing well
new album NEXT YEAR

It’s too band that they are including the “Saints Are Coming.” Besides the fact that it is a Skids song and a duet with another band, has it not and will it not receive sufficient promotion with the interviews, the NFL Live performance, the Live download, 2 months of combined radio airplay, a video, and a CD single?

It’s worse than including “Hands That Built” in order to promote an UPCOMING movie!

I agree that we should concentrate on the positive – a brand new song.

And if the Best Of U2 reaches and inspires new fans then that is always welcome and good news.

U2Soar said:
It’s too band that they are including the “Saints Are Coming.” Besides the fact that it is a Skids song and a duet with another band, has it not and will it not receive sufficient promotion with the interviews, the NFL Live performance, the Live download, 2 months of combined radio airplay, a video, and a CD single?

hence why its on there. Try and pick up some Green Day fans and this is the best way to do it, put all your big hits on a disc along with the collab. I would assume they would release the other new song as a single as well

"Definitive ‘Best Of’ On The Way"

So it¡s not 2000 - 2007 ....

"Sixteen of U2’s best known songs and two new tracks are on a single ‘Best of” CD released next month."

It will be a mix of tracks from the first best ofs ... no chance for tracks like out of control? electric co.?

it'll be a good cd for new people to get into the band. and yes this looks like the result of the work at abbey road (but cmon it was only a month).

I am happy atleast U2 is putting something out. It's better than waiting untill 2007 or 2008 for a new song.

I just hope the new song kicks ass, and its not a slow melow song.:rockon:

mikal said:

in less than two months, we'll have a brand new song! so what if they want to squeeze it in with their hits. it's a brand new song!

Because it will be an excuse for them to delay the next album and tour? That's why.

mikal said:

Are you being serious or what? :eyebrow:

How come you feel satisfied with a 16 track compilation featuring the same songs already released on 2 Best ofs? :madspit:

That move (releasing a third Best of from the 2 previous Best ofs) is pathetic, annoying, disposable and unforgivable to say the least :mad:

U2 aren't one hit single corporate crap, and they aren't kiss or Scorpions either. That kind of bands have more "Greatest Hits" and "Best Ofs" than studio albums, and every "New" Greatest Hits is actually another poorly represented compilation, sometimes with just 1 or 2 tracks different than the previous ones. How come someone will be happy with U2 doing that !!!

If they want to make another Best of as a stupid excuse for a new single, why don't they release just the single alone instead? :( Why they want to make even more money from the fans?. Is not enough all the billion dollars they have?

Why do they take us for granted?

ANY compilation based on what is already released on Best of 1980-1990 and 1990-2000 is just selling out :down:

What will be next? The New Best Of on Tour? :yell:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom