MERGED-->Muse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That would be a basically perfect setlist, I'd like them to play House Of THe Rising Sun, or Yes Please... :shrug: But they're not big songs, so they won't. If they play Stockholm Syndrome, I'll be happy :D (forever, and ever, and ever, and ever etc etc :wink:)

Here's what they played last night:

1. Take a Bow
2. Hysteria
3. Butterflies and Hurricanes
4. Map of the Problematique + Maggie's Farm riff
5. New Born
6. City of Delusion
7. Plug in Baby
8. Forced In
9. Bliss (extended)
10. Feeling Good
11. Hoodoo
12. Invincible
13. Supermassive Black Hole
14. Starlight
15. Time is Running Out
16. Stockholm Syndrome

Encore:

17. Citizen Erased
18. Muscle Museum
19. Knights of Cydonia

I love what I've heard of Muse, which of their albums should I buy first?

I think I might buy Black Holes and Revelations just because I love rocking out to Knights of Cydonia.

Then again I also love Hysteria.

What do y'all recommend?

Seeing them this Saturday:rockon:

And I reckon get the new one Black Holes and Revelations, possibly their easiest to get into.

I reckon BHAR has a more pop approach to songwriting, Absolution is much more epic and operatic, I think that is slightly harder to digest for new fans...though I think it is their second easiest to get into:wink:

^^ I agree... But still I don't think Absolution is that easy because it's still very dark like the previous ones are and has several depressing themes. But I think the melodies are more acessible than the other two so a lot of people love it. Including me! I love the four albums but Absolution gets into me in a special way.
BHAR is more positive, easier to listen to, but I think it's still beautiful and it's good for Matt to writte something happier for once... Still, songs like Hoodoo make me think of the previous albums because of the depressing lyrics. Hoodoo is one of my favourites of the new album and hearing it live :drool:
But for someone who's getting into them now, maybe it won't be easy to listen to Showbiz and OOS but believe me, once you get into those albums you won't be able to leave them behind. They're heavier, darker but to me they are masterpieces...

Absolution was the first album I heard and I got into it pretty quick, but it took me ages to get Showbiz, I didn't like it much to begin with - but now I love it :wink:

only another 4 hours to go til I see them...woooooooooohoooooooooo:D

^^ That's probably the best way to start... But be prepared when you listen to the first two... I think you have to be "open minded" at first:wink: But I fell in love with New Born from OOS the first time I heard it, I think it's still my favourite song. Well it depends on the day...

LJT said:
only another 4 hours to go til I see them...woooooooooohoooooooooo:D

There are only about two and half hours to go as of now…

I apologise for the running commentary, although, I am about to witness one of the most over the top, lovingly operatic, honestly derivative rock bands on earth. :sexywink:

Last edited:
Have you guys heard Glorious? It's a bonus track of BHAR. My cd doesn't have it but I already listened to the it. I think it's very beautiful... Symple but deep lyrics and cute melody.

I really like the style of Absolution, but I don't listen to it that often anymore because it's a bit of a downer....I have to be in the right mood. It's the only album I have by them. Can anyone recommend another Muse album to me that I would like given my like for Absolution? An upbeat album in that style (early Radiohead, operatic rock) would be heavenly.

It's not that Absolution is a downer, it's just too damn long. I can only play it straight through on rare occasions - it's a bit of a large chunk of pomp to bite off all at once.

If someone were trying to get into Muse, I'd recommend Black Holes or Origin of Symmetry. If they were more of a pop rock/mainstream rock fan I'd say BHAR, if they were a hard rock fan or metal fan I'd say Origin of Symmetry. OoS has some AMAZING melodic hooks, though, moreso than Absolution in my opinion.

After seeing them at Point Depot last weekend, I am totally blown away. It seemed like a completley different band then the one I saw in Ohio and the crowd was fantastic. :love:

I got some video to upload as soon as I unpack and recover....

^ :hyper: Can't wait to see that

^^U2dem, if you liked BHAR, Absolution will blow you away - I love that album so much :wink:
STOCKHOLM SYNDROME + TSP = :drool: :drool:

I don't have long left til I go see them :hyper: :hyper: I'm gonna be so dead for college the next day :lol:

^^ I went to college after the concert too... Knights of Cydonia was always playing inside my head the whole day. I was so tired but happy!! I slept three hours that night because Lisbon is about four hours away from where I live... But it was worthy;)

Back
Top Bottom