MERGED ----> Lyric recycling + A Man and A Woman stolen lyrics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thousandfold said:
Bono cannibalizes himself all the time... he gets stuck on a line and starts trying to work it into a song. If it doesn't go anywhere, he tries it in another one.

:eyebrow: :wink:

I think this thread title is misleading. Re-using a great line (especially from a b-side which 99% of people haven't heard) is hardly stealing. Even if he took it from another album track, its his lyric after all.

Anyways, I do enjoy this line, especially in Always (one of my favourite U2 tracks).

Most of this "recycling" is of lyrics featured on b-sides. I guess Bono doesn't mind repeating himself because 99& of people won't have heard the b-sides anyway.

Schmeg said:

:yes: I was thinking that the other night

Bono's recycled plenty of lyrics..."Dream out loud" pops up in Zooropa and Always and something else, I think *moment of silence for the lyrics archive here since U2.com's alleged search feature doesn't work* "One for the trainspotters," as Bono said himself.
Letting myself know that the other song I was thinking of is Acrobat. :wink:

I've also noticed lately that the drums in Bullet the Blue Sky and Kite sound very similar, speaking of lifting music rather than lyrics...

I noticed lyrics from two different songs that were similar aswell. Not to sure if the've already been said, but here goes :)

From- Original Of The Species

I’ll give you everything you want
Except the thing that you want

From- So Cruel

I gave you everything you ever wanted
It wasn't what you wanted

They're similar, right? :)

Back
Top Bottom