MERGED->Finally,set list that really flowed-Chicago 5/12+The Best Setlist Hands Down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually Bad was the last song played. I was there. Only a snippet of "40" was played during Bad.

bono_man2002 said:

Can I predict your facical expression......:shocked:

:wink:

*YOU* again?!!

sterb003.gif

:wink:

was uteotw any different to the elevation version?

people predicted this song would surface at chicago :D

how did they do vertigo? extended intro? also did they do the stories for boys snippet?

i'm normally pretty good with the abbreviations but it took me ages to work out what PITNOL was! :huh:
:lol:

Until The End Of The World kicked off the Encore... how flipping cool, wonder if it was done just like the ZOO TV version... :drool:

theu2fly said:
Until The End Of The World kicked off the Encore... how flipping cool, wonder if it was done just like the ZOO TV version... :drool:

yes it did rock. i am still in shock because the show was so AWESOME! UTEOTW is one of my faves!!!:happy: :happy:

Id rather hear Zoo stattion than UTEOTW again....

Id like to hear a full 40....

Not sure why everyone thinks this is the bes set except that it is different...

Until The End Of The World WILL grow as great as on Elevation. Hopefully even bigger.
I love love love the idea of the encore opening with my favourite song. It's amazing. OK, the absence of Zoo Station is sad, but honestly, Until The End Of The World is just a better song. I don't care about people who say that it's overplayed or U2 are turning into the Stones... Until The End Of The World is the greatest song evre and they finally played it!!!!!!!!!

I hope every encore goes

Until The End Of The World
The Fly
Mysterious Ways

from now on.

Best show of the 8 I have seen this tour. I don't think Bono's energy was any better than Chicago 3, but the setlist and the anticipation of an anything goes setlist was awesome. Vertigo/ABOY is such a great opening combo. The only stagnant songs were Ocean (which I desperately wanted) and of course Bullet. Bono was really happy after Original.

Just wanna point out that "Bad" was over ten minutes long, too...it was really amazing. It just went on and on and on and on. Reminds me of some of the performances from the olden days that I've heard or seen over the years. It was a fun night in pretty much every respect. Even the band's missteps were just kinda taken in stride and the show moved on with few hitches. Loads of fun.

Damn. :mad: Wish I went to that show instead of Bono's birthday show. Figured his birthday would be the best show in Chicago out of the 4. I was wrong. Crap. People that did go: you're all freaking lucky.

i understand it was cool they mixed it up and everything, but i dont really understand why people think this is the greatest setlist ever

all they did was change the order of the songs and add 1 new song, a song we have heard millions of times before

In my opinion, I think I'd prefer the COBL into Vertigo beginning rather than vertigo into ABOY. COBL is the perfect opener, it has the cool intro, the confetti, the amazing light show, and then once that is over and you are about to catch your breath, they rock out with vertigo. just the perfect way to start the show.

i like how they took out new years day so they could play both OOTS and Yahweh, but losing zoo station is sad. they had just started to perfect this song, and was one of the highlights of the show. ive also heard there was no bullfight type thing during uteow, the edge and bono didnt go out on the ramp at all for that song, which is kind of odd.

plus, i'd prefer to hear electric co over gloria. and is a mediocre version of wowy better than an cath dubh? that is debatable.

i can understand the excitment over them mixing it up, but i just dont really get the "greatest setlist ever" talk.

Wow, incredible setlist!
I think, with the typical changes every now and then, this is simply great stuff!

I am SO friggin' jealous of that setlist... :drool:

I think almost everyone agrees hands down that was the winner so far.

PLEASE U2 play that setlist at at least one of the four NYC or Philly October shows I'm going to.

Back
Top Bottom