MERGED->Finally,set list that really flowed-Chicago 5/12+The Best Setlist Hands Down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MDFan

The Fly
Finally, a set list that really flowed

SETLIST

* VERTIGO
* ABOY
* ELEVATION
* GLORIA // THE OCEAN
* BEAUTIFUL DAY
* MIRACLE DRUG
* SYCMIOYO
* LPOE
* SBS
* BTBS // JOHNNY // HANDS THAT BUILT AMERICA // JOHNNY [x2]
* RTSS // HALLELUJIAH
DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS
* COBL
* OOTS
* PITNOL
* WTSHNN
ONE CAMPAIGN SPEECH
* ONE

ENCORE(s)

* UTEOTW
* THE FLY
* MYSTERIOUS WAYS
* WOWY

ENCORE(s)

* YAHWEH
* BAD

Doesn't that seem to flow.

I can't believe I'm back already - but YES - this was the 2nd best show I've EVER seen, and by far the best of the 4 Chicago shows. This was nearly the PERFECT setlist. One correction - they did not play "40", they ended with "Bad".

More later when I'm not shaking so bad. :)

arcanum17 said:
I can't believe I'm back already - but YES - this was the 2nd best show I've EVER seen, and by far the best of the 4 Chicago shows. This was nearly the PERFECT setlist. One correction - they did not play "40", they ended with "Bad".

More later when I'm not shaking so bad. :)

not according to the people at zootopia (u2.com). the had connections who were at the concert and was official that they did play 40.

Fuck, I'm so jealous I wasn't there. I've been bitching about the previous setlist, but this one is exactly what I was hoping for.

OK, well, not to argue, but I WAS kinda there, and Bono did get the audience to sing the "how long...." part about twice. I guess you'd call it a "snipet". :wink:

that ending sounds phenomenal

everyone after Yahweh expecting the show to end with 40

.. and then BAM! Bad.... that would be one hell of a great show to be at.. can't wait for the boot

Opening the encore with "Until the End of the World" must've sounded really cool.

I also like the "Beautiful Day"/"Miracle Drug" pairing (although I'm sure they've done that before).

Last edited:
I just got back from the show too. 40 definitely only appeared as a snippet in Bad (much like was done during the Elevation version of Bad).

An amazing show--easily the highlight of this past week and my new U2 high point.

Best setlist ever. :drool:

Until The End Of The World
:hyper:

Opening with Vertigo is really cool.
Switch With Or Without You with New Year's Day and Gloria with Electric Co. and you have a perfect setlist.

I love Bad as the ending. That must've been perfect.

But I'm telling you, that first encore must've been way out crazy.
I imagine myself expecting the opening chords of Zoo Station, but then I hear the opening of Until The End Of The World... Best moment of the show I guess for those who attended.
What an amazing setlist. I wish that this was the DVD we got.

40 was a snippet to the amazing ending song that is Bad. I was there and can attest to this amazing, wonderful show.

Everything was on tonight. Great show, lots of spontanety (sp?). My favorite of the 4 chicago shows.

Last edited:
Also: Fuck All Because of You.

What do we need that for.
I hope that it stays out of Europe.

OH MY GAWD, that setlist has me so excited. i can't believe how good it looks on paper. my roommate thinks i'm crazy cuz i'm so excited and flying high since i read it. WOW!

I was a little pissed cause I thought they didn't play Bad. But then just when I was expecting "40", out came "Bad". My first U2 concert in 13 years. It was definitely worth the wait.

God Part III said:

What an amazing setlist. I wish that this was the DVD we got.

It'd be cool, but not very representative of the tour which is what a DVD should be. Don't worry, the show on the 10th will make an awesome dvd.

Maybe a good bootleg will turn up out of this show.

Here's a thought...

Chicago 2,3 filmed for DVD...
Chicago 4 audio recorded for use as single's fillers and possible Itunes release.

In Jesus Name, Amen.

Raynman009 said:
I was a little pissed cause I thought they didn't play Bad. But then just when I was expecting "40", out came "Bad". My first U2 concert in 13 years. It was definitely worth the wait.

I didn't know what to expect there... Edge picked up his black Strat instead of walking over to play the bass, so i was just kinda like, "huh?"

Ya Knox, So much for watching the setlists of the previous shows...it definitely threw me off. But I LOVED hearing the show end with Bad. Fuckin A!!!!!

Chicago 4 - The Best Setlist Hands Down!!!!!

NEED I SAY FRIGGIN MORE! AMEN !!!!!!!!!

Main Set:

Vertigo
All Because of You
Elevation
Gloria
The Ocean
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love and Peace or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet the Blue Sky // Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet) // Hands That Built America (snippet) // Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet) x2
Running to Stand Still // Hallelujah
Human Rights Thingy
City of Blinding Lights
Original of the Species
Pride (in the name of love)
Where the Streets Have No Name
One Speech
One

Encore1 :

Until the End of the World (1st time played on Vertigo Tour)
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
With or Without You

Encore 2:

Yahweh
Bad // Norwegian Wood // Sexual Healing
'40'

Just got home from this show. UNBELIEVABLE!! What an incredible show!

Got some great photos to share as well. Was about 6 feet from Adam right in the front row.

Simply incredible show. Open with Vertigo and 2 encores.

Just when you think they can't get any better...they never cease to amaze me even more!

That setlist looks amazing! I think it's great that they changed things up quite a bit for an exciting 4th night in Chicago, all the while keeping some of the more "staple sequences and transitions" (if you will) that highlight the moods and themes of the Vertigo Tour so far. :up:

WOW, best setlist so far probably!!!!

Seeing the reviews, it seemed to be the best show of the tour so far! I miss ZOO Station though....... they should make a 4 st Achtung baby.... and I can die in peace....

Back
Top Bottom