MERGED ----> Bono On American Idol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well martha?
tapfoot.gif

:kiss:

They said Bono was coaching the singers tomorrow night. The listing only says they will be singing songs about hope and compassion. If Bono is coaching, I wonder if he'll perform Wednesday?

They said tonight (on the AI commercial) that Bono will be coaching the singers tomorrow night. The show is listed as they will be singing songs about hope and compassion. Didn't hear if Bono will be performing at all, but I'm assuming he will if he's gonna coach.

PlaTheGreat said:
He's not hosting. Just appearing.

I hope everyone tunes into Henry Rollins on Thursday! :drool:

Rollins has gone on record to say that he hates Bono but admires what he does for Africa.

MandyMarie said:
They said tonight (on the AI commercial) that Bono will be coaching the singers tomorrow night. The show is listed as they will be singing songs about hope and compassion. Didn't hear if Bono will be performing at all, but I'm assuming he will if he's gonna coach.

The Web site says they are singing "life anthem" songs. (Which will include "I'm Every Woman" from someone, dollars to donuts.)

No mention anywhere on the site of Bono, either coaching, chatting with or otherwise tutoring the Idols.

I just saw the commercial too that said Bono will be coaching the contestants, don't the coaches usually sing too? I haven't seen all the shows this year.

Last edited:
silvrlvr said:

The Web site says they are singing "life anthem" songs. (Which will include "I'm Every Woman" from someone, dollars to donuts.)

No mention anywhere on the site of Bono, either coaching, chatting with or otherwise tutoring the Idols.

I bet Lakisha will sing I'm every woman.

The big question is will Phil tackle a U2 song?:yikes:

*browneyedgirl* said:
I just saw the commercial too that said Bono will be coaching the contestants, don't the coaches usually sing too? I haven't seen all the shows this year.

Even if he doesn't sing, I think watching Bono coaching the singers will be interesting! Don't the coaches sometimes act as 'guest judge' as well?

well, according to U2.com and One.org there is nothing stating that he was going to perform. Just chatting with the contestants about ONE campaign and make poverty history. I didn't see anything about coaching either.. :shrug:

Since all this info has finally come out, I can finally reveal a little Bono info that I overheard last week.

In the (RED) thread, I mentioned that I had the rare opportunity to spend a few hours last Weds with Bobby Shriver from (RED) while he was in my city.

He had actually asked for me to accompany him around to several GAP stores in my city to give him a more grassroots appraisal of how well (RED) is selling and how things could be improved to sell more. :hi5:

While we were travelling, I heard many conversations that he had with some very important people (whose names I won't reveal). In one conversation it was revealed that Bono would be coming to the U.S. yesterday (Monday).

I felt that I shouldn't share that info until this popped into the press (I do keep people's confidentialities) but B is in the U.S. right now, so let's hope that we'll get some more meet and greet stories from people as the week progresses. :love:

I've never watched an "Idol" before but I'll be tuned into this program this week.

Blessings. :hug:

Ralphie said:

Even if he doesn't sing, I think watching Bono coaching the singers will be interesting! Don't the coaches sometimes act as 'guest judge' as well?

Nope, not that I can recall.

I'm guessing he would have coached the Idols today (Monday) at the latest, especially for filming this and for the "coaching" to be of any use to the contestant. I just wonder how long beyond today he will be in town. :hmm:

The IDOL contestants also will perform "American Prayer," a song written by Bono and Dave Stewart about the AIDS emergency in Africa

The IDOL contestants also will perform "American Prayer," a song written by Bono and Dave Stewart about the AIDS emergency in Africa

As far as I see there is no real news about how exactly Bono will be involved in this whole event. Performing or not performing, coaching or not coaching, speaking or not speaking, singing or not singing - and if singing: with whom, live or pre-recorded.
This is exciting and I have a feeling it will be quite surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom