MERGED --> Anyone received Croke seats yet? + 3rd Croke Park Announcement Imminent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BonosCamerawoma

The Fly
Anyone received Croke seats yet?

Many of my friends have received their STANDING tickets for the Friday at Croke that they bought on pre-sale, but I bought seats and haven't received anything yet. Just wondered if anyone else had received their seat tickets.

Maybe they were to big for your mail box ;)

(that was a joke...get it....Anyone recived their Croke Park SEATS!!! HAHAh.....*crckets*)

sligo U2 fan said:
got mine standing today!!!!!!!:drool: :love: :laugh: :edge: :happy: :up: :shocked: :angel:

sorry, couldnt quite catch that? What did you say??? Oh, you want to swap your standing tickets for my lovely comfy seated tickets, .....well, ok then, if you insist.:wink:

I hope you're right, but am sincerely doubting there will be another Croke date.

it has been on the radio in dublin this morning.
as we know u2 had provisionally booked it anyway.
also now it seems dublin city council have either been applied to or have just granted the permission/license.
i would hope that sales arrangements would be better organised this time round.
i'm also a bit worried about 3 nights in a row - can they do it, and would they ration themselves over the three nights.

brwh1 said:
it has been on the radio in dublin this morning.
as we know u2 had provisionally booked it anyway.
also now it seems dublin city council have either been applied to or have just granted the permission/license.
i would hope that sales arrangements would be better organised this time round.
i'm also a bit worried about 3 nights in a row - can they do it, and would they ration themselves over the three nights.

What radio station did you hear this on please?

hey guys!
i hope for that 3rd gig too, but i think we shouldn't be too optimistic about it...

The best thing would be if they announced the concert just couple of days prior to date, so many irish people could see it!!!!
:laugh: :up: :up:

i haven't got anything yet,
i wrote to ticketmaster a week ago, and they said that due to enourmous demand i should be patient and wait for tickets up to 8 weeks, which means at the beginning of april.
good luck lads

Has there been anything else on the radio or in the local papers regarding a 3rd date

By Ritchie Taylor

The secrets out...U2 look set to play a THIRD concert at Croke Park this summer despite weeks of denials.

Fans of the rock legends were buzzing last night after news of the extra gig on their worldwide Vertigo tour leaked out.

Bono and the band's two Croker dates on June 24th and 25th sold out within minutes last month. But now it looks certain they'll play a third concert on June 26th. That's because Dublin City Council have just given the venue the OK to stay open until 11p.m. instead of 10p.m. on all THREE nights.

Rumours of the third date started fling earlier this year. They kicked off after stadium officials wrote to around 10,000 premium ticket holders that U2 would definitely play three gigs. And U2 have just added 33 dates to their world tour after tickets sold out.

Promoters have constantly denied the showbiz buzz. But the rock insider insisted last night: "The third date won't be officially announced for a while yet. Everyone is denying it but the band are definitely planning to do three nights. And there's going to be a helluva scramble for tickets once it's announced."

Last month devoted fans camped out overnight to bag seats for the first two Croke Park gigs. The music source added: "Seeing as the third date is free and everything is in place, it would be ridiculous for them not to do it. After all U2 are more popular now than they ever were."

That will be proved on Monday when they are inducted into the US Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame.

The band kick off the first leg of the Vertigo tour in San Diego on March 28. It will cover 13 US cities before arriving in Brussels on June 10th for two months of open-air European gigs.

Paddy Casey and Snow Patrol wil be among the support bands for the Dublin dates.

The Irish Sun

:D

Gut em and just sold em. My friend decided to go and get married on that day!! nightmare!

3rd Date Croke Park

Planning notice for extended licence 24/25/26 was post last year a 3rd date was only ever to be agreed if demand for the first 2 was sufficient. That of course was never in doubt. So why the delay? Could it be a way of reducing touts getting tickets ? Why not announce the 3rd date if its going to happen with the 2nd Croke, or additional Manchester and Paris shows. Is anyone sure they'll play Sunday as well

I see the GAA are living up to their true name.
Grab all association.
They are trying to fleece the promoters,looking for €1m for the Sunday night.
They are a disgrace.
They never stop putting out their hand to beg.

jesseu2 said:
i'm glad i chose my flight to leave dublin monday the 27th at 8:40 PM.... in case :D

Jesseu2, are you just flying in to see the concert? I mean, I was thinking of that, but may as well stay and tour Dublin. Problem is, I just found out that my coworker is taking off that week...and we can't both be gone that time. :sad: I guess my point is, now, I'm contemplating on going to Dublin JUST to see U2, since the ticket is for Sat. the 25th, and fly back as soon as I can.

:confused:

Have yet to receive my ticket though.

Last edited:
dizzy,

hey, i am doing every show throughout England, Scotland, Ireland, and Wales. I am arriving in Dublin on the 23rd and leaving the 27th. I am going to see (tour) as much as i can in Dublin besides the concerts. basically, i'm goin for the shows.

Still waiting on my tickets too.

you do not want to miss this!

why do you ask? is it just hard for you to make a decision because your coworker just made your trip short?

dizzy said:

Jesseu2, are you just flying in to see the concert? I mean, I was thinking of that, but may as well stay and tour Dublin. Problem is, I just found out that my coworker is taking off that week...and we can't both be gone that time. :sad: I guess my point is, now, I'm contemplating on going to Dublin JUST to see U2, since the ticket is for Sat. the 25th, and fly back as soon as I can.

:confused:

Have yet to receive my ticket though.

jesseu2 said:
dizzy,

hey, i am doing every show throughout England, Scotland, Ireland, and Wales. I am arriving in Dublin on the 23rd and leaving the 27th. I am going to see (tour) as much as i can in Dublin besides the concerts. basically, i'm goin for the shows.

Still waiting on my tickets too.

you do not want to miss this!

why do you ask? is it just hard for you to make a decision because your coworker just made your trip short?

Lucky you! Well yeah, I definitely don't want to miss Dublin, but this coworder and I back each other up and she's more senior....and I just started this job a month ago. Ah, we'll see. I'll do my best.

A friend was buying tix from a U2.com subscriber that ended up with extra GAs for 6/24. He emailed to let her know he had received his tickets... He's here in the U.S. ...anyone else?

I am a little nervous about receiving these babies :huh:

Last edited:
another yank here who ordered GA's for the 25th through the presale and havent gotten them yet......if it goes much past april 1st im gonna be a bit concerned..........

jesus - the concert is not until June!! You will very likely not receive tickets until late May at the earliest.

Have you guys never ordered concert tix before?? You have your confirmations, just chill!!

Back
Top Bottom