MERGED ----> Anyone read U2: SHOW? + U2 Show: To Buy or Not To Buy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VertigoGal said:
Isn't it like 90 bucks? Personally, whenever I go to Barnes and Noble, I pull it out and look through it. I don't see why you'd spend so much money (that could be better spent on concert tix or something:drool: ) on a book you could just browse through at the bookstore. :shrug:

VG - I got my copy as a Christmas present, but I had previously considered buying it myself & the cost was only about $30 (US). You may be thinking of the new Anton Corbijn photo book "U2 & I", which supposedly lists for about $130(US), if I remember right. :ohmy:

As to the original question: YES!!! U2 Show is worth the money!! :drool: :up: :D

U2 Show is cheaper than U2 & I, and, in my opinion, worth the money. If you want a cheaper copy, try looking for it used on Amazon.

Amazon's "used" feature is so very, very drool-worthy.

U2 Show is a GOOD book for reading the articles ...
There's several different stories from their management, agents, personnel, wardrobe, band crew, media etc ... and these are very well-written stories too ! :up:
As for the photos ... some are pretty good, few are amazing, but most are just plain average !! Overall, for $20 (USD) it's worth it !!

U2 & I: The Photographs ... now here's a book that EVERYONE MUST BUY ... these photos are so-ooo INCREDIBLE !! I cannot say this enough ... These photos truly capture you and do NOT let go !! It's rather difficult to turn the page to the next photo ... They're that GREAT !! Spending the list price of $120 (USD) it's well worth it !! :love: :applaud:

I think Anton's book U2 & I ... IS alot better with the photographs ... :bow:

U2 Show is MORE of a good read with the stories ... :wink:

I haven't even begun to dive into this book, U2 SHOW, yet, but I saw it at MediaPlay for 32 bucks or so and thought it looked gorgeous and chockfull of pix and stories and details and then happened to need to up my purchase on Amazon to the magic 25 bucks for free shipping...

and they're selling it *new* for some strange reason for 14 dollars!!!! buy buy buy at that price, less than a concert program, for a gorgeous looking hardcover in-depth authorized-by-the-band look into their tour/show process. And it qualifies toward your 25 dollar free shipping dealie...
If we could just get Amazon to stop their wasteful packing practices I'd be a totally happy camper. It's hard to get a package with one book and some toothbrush heads in it and ten times that volume in airfilled plastic packing stuff. But I guess that helped the book come to me in utterly pristine shape.
cheers!

Back
Top Bottom