MERGED --> All U2.com questions/help discussion here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
beau2ifulday said:
They are awful with replying to e-mails, agreed, but I don't really get why everyone is complaining so much about the website charge. It's taking over from Propaganda, which was a paid servive, so it makes sense that we shouldn't get it for free. I'm sure as the tour comes around, paid members will get a lot more exclusive material too. The tangible nature of the magazine has just been transferred online.
of course, take Propaganda online and charge for it...be my guest...but this is U2.com...an official 'website' that charges ALOT of money...millions of people out there don't have USD40 to spare...as Bono keeps kindly reminding us, the world isn't full of well off people residing in Western nations....come on guys, this is preposterous...we're fans, not meal tickets...

Why don't people understand that you can still acess the website for free? You still get the majority of news and exclusives for free, you can still use the general forum in Zootopia, you can watch video clips and listen to song clips (exactly the same as the old u2.com). I Don't understand what peoiple are bitching about. The free u2.com is practically the same as the old free u2.com. However, the paid subscribed u2.com is just better. More exclusives, full videos and songs, and ticket priority. you get what you pay for, and if you don't pay, you aren't loosing anything you never had before. People need to stop their whiney bitching.

Miroslava said:
Did someone put a gun to our heads? I must have missed it... :eyebrow:

:applaud:

Excellent point!

I don't mean to be some "kiss-up" fan who supports everything U2 does, but none of us know the finances of running such a site. As such, I am hesitant to complain about the cost. It would be great if the subscription cost were lower, but the higher price could be due to a variety of reasons - ranging from staff expenses to trying to prevent scalpers from buying multiple subscriptions and getting the best tickets.

While we all would love to subscribe, if the cost is too high, the answer is obvious - don't subscribe. I would love to get a brand new luxury car - but the cost is too high, so I don't. We all have budgets. No one is saying you must join. And this is not the only way to see videos, hear U2 songs or get U2 concert tickets.

As for me, since the cost was $20 (as I was a Propaganda subscriber), I felt it was worth it to see how good U2.com is. If I feel that they aren't worth my $$, next year I won't renew.

Of course, this type of post has me worried about the endless complaints about concert ticket prices. The highest prices for the PopMart tour were a mere $57.50, yet the whining lasted for ages. The whining was intensified for the Elevation tour. And I'm dreading the whining for the Vertigo tour. :huh: We all want to see U2 - perhaps several times. But the prices are what they are and that's that. Work within your budget and deal.

nobody is whining...it is a sham to charge 40 US dollars in order that fans can access pre-allocated tickets which they then purchase at full price...the USD 40 charge is indiscriminate to where you live and your country's own economic circumstances...and of course nobody is putting any guns to anybody's head...people have been subscribers to U2.com for years, this perhaps could be used as a precursor to allocating tickets too...people can express their interest in a band in other means than always just stumping up cash....this is my opinion...i am allowed to air my opinion....and you are allowed to disagree...there is no need to tell people to 'stop their whiney bitching'...and the band are allowed to hear their fans opinions too...see you later

Personally, this is how I view the whole situation. Either I pay the 40 bucks for the pre-sale and buy my two tickets for 50 bucks a piece. 140 dollars for two pit tickets to a U2 concert? Sounds friggen great to me! Or...I could be a fool and boycott the u2.com subcription, and end up paying 1000 dollars for two GA tickets on ebay, and some asshole makes 860 dollar profit off of me and U2. Not a tough decision.

It's not a sham. U2 are great businessmen. They know there is business in the Internet so why not explot it right? That's money already staring them in the face so why refuse?

Cheers,

J

jackboy said:
nobody is whining...it is a sham to charge 40 US dollars in order that fans can access pre-allocated tickets which they then purchase at full price...the USD 40 charge is indiscriminate to where you live and your country's own economic circumstances...and of course nobody is putting any guns to anybody's head...

As some has said before, it was the same with Propaganda. But nobody whined then (oh, OK then, a lot less people ;)).
:shrug:

If 40 dollars per year is too much for you I think you should look at some other subscription based service sites and then you might realize that 40 dollars isnt that bad of a price to pay especially to gurentee yourself good tickets for a U2 show which are very hard to get in the first place.

Lancemc said:
Personally, this is how I view the whole situation. Either I pay the 40 bucks for the pre-sale and buy my two tickets for 50 bucks a piece. 140 dollars for two pit tickets to a U2 concert? Sounds friggen great to me! Or...I could be a fool and boycott the u2.com subcription, and end up paying 1000 dollars for two GA tickets on ebay, and some asshole makes 860 dollar profit off of me and U2. Not a tough decision.

That is actually a really good way to think about it. :up:

(That is assuming we can get our two tickets in the presale :huh:)

neutral said:
We need more threads about this.

I agree. I'm going to take on that responsibility and open about 5 new threads entitled "Why Can't U2 just give us everything we want for absolutely no money? I mean geez, just look at their big houses and stuff. You're telling me they don't have enough money already? I mean come on, why should we have to pay 40 dollars to get hours of exclusive material that we never got on the old u2.com and have priority ticket purchasing? This is BU||SH1t!!!"

:wink:

Reggie Thee Dog said:
:yawn:

That said, doesn't $40 translate to the Euro and other monies around the world? I mean if $40 USD = 55 pound or Euro, isn't it fair market value?

I dunno, I'm not an accountant, but it seems right.

US40 = approximately 30.75Euro and 21.30 pounds.

The US dollar sucks right now.

Lancemc said:

I agree. I'm going to take on that responsibility and open about 5 new threads entitled "Why Can't U2 just give us everything we want for absolutely no money? I mean geez, just look at their big houses and stuff. You're telling me they don't have enough money already? I mean come on, why should we have to pay 40 dollars to get hours of exclusive material that we never got on the old u2.com and have priority ticket purchasing? This is BU||SH1t!!!"

:wink:

:madspit: :lol:

The last tour you didn't have to pay $40 for the membership to get priority sales on tickets. I think u2.com should go back to the way it was & make a separate sight for Propaganda. But give everyone access to get priority tickets. We are already going to be paying enough for them anyway.

If everyone could have access to priority tickets, then it would defeat the purpose of having prioity tickets in the first place

Can I "split" a U2.com membership w/ you for $20? Or pay $6 for your Prop discount?

Excuse my ignorance. My question is:

(1) Regarding the pre-sale for exclusive U2.com members, are they (A) going to let each member buy 2 tix for EACH show or
(B) only for any 1 show of your choice on the tour?

If (A), then I am offering to "split" someone's U2.com membership by paying you $20. I only want to order early for 1 or 2 shows, including something in the Kentucky area. Then, you can order the tickets early for all the rest of the shows.

If (B), then are there any Propaganada subscribers that have their $20 discount coupon to subscribe to U2.com that they don't plan to use and would be willing to sell to me for $6 or so?

Not only am I ignorant, but I am cheap. Please sympathize, and send me an e-mail if you can help.

Thanks.

Nate@uky.edu

If A) is true, I am willing to split the membership with you. I am ignorant of whether it is true though.

Re: Can I "split" a U2.com membership w/ you for $20? Or pay $6 for your Prop discount?

Bluegrass Bono -U2 to UK! said:
Excuse my ignorance. My question is:

(1) Regarding the pre-sale for exclusive U2.com members, are they (A) going to let each member buy 2 tix for EACH show or
(B) only for any 1 show of your choice on the tour?

If (A), then I am offering to "split" someone's U2.com membership by paying you $20. I only want to order early for 1 or 2 shows, including something in the Kentucky area. Then, you can order the tickets early for all the rest of the shows.

If (B), then are there any Propaganada subscribers that have their $20 discount coupon to subscribe to U2.com that they don't plan to use and would be willing to sell to me for $6 or so?

Not only am I ignorant, but I am cheap. Please sympathize, and send me an e-mail if you can help.

Thanks.

Nate@uky.edu

Bluegrass,
They are only allowing 2 tickets per person in the US and thats it. Not per show! I wish. The european shows they are allowing 4 tix per person.

I highly doubt any of the propaganda members are not going to use their code. One can hope though.

Re: Seeking Info from U2.com Paid Members

RiverToTheSea said:
Hello everyone. I have heard a lot of negative feedback about purchasing a u2.com membership...and I'm wondering if most people are experiencing this...or what if this was perhaps just a handful of people.

I first tried to join the first of December, but had tech problems getting my card through. Meanwhile I spend hours on the phone trying to reach someone who could help me...and I read post after post of people who were not getting full access or email addresses after joining. I heard they basically had nothing to show that they were truly paid members. It was as if they never joined.

Now...I want to go forth and attempt to join again, but I wanted to see what other paid members have experienced. Did you get what you were supposed to get? Any problems or issues that concern you? I'm hoping now with the passing of time, glitches have been worked out.

Many thanks! My only concerns is that I can get good tix. i can live without the rest!
same here!! I am totally despairing. i have tried to contact u2.com 3 times and they never reply...my credit cards work on other websites no problem but not this one. i have been retrying for over 2 weeks now and still nothing, i am worried now about missing the deadline for preallocation for tickets which would be a little unfair.
as u2.com never reply i don't know what to do! anyone have the same prob?

i cannot upgrade!! my credit card works on other websites no problem..i have tried loads of times over the past couple of weeks and nothing. contacted u2.com 3 times...no reply...now i am despairing as i don't want to miss deadline for preallocation...or they'll charge my card loads of times!! please help...u2.com aren't!!

Back
Top Bottom