MERGED-->All speculation/discussion etc about DVD shoot in Milan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sraphim said:

I'm still conviced the guy who plans the tours is on crack.

Italy:
3 x Vertigo
1 x Elevation (the only outdoor show besides Slane btw :ohmy:)
2 x Popmart (U2 live in Reggio Emilia > 150000 people :D the most numerous concert EVER here in Italy [besides free concerts and festivals], and still undefeated!)
8 x Zooropa (??? :huh: here the organizer was definitely under the influence :huh:)
2 x Zoo-TV
0 x Lovetown :shrug:
3 x Joshua Tree

19 overall. we're even. :D

Well, the other Holland figures were off by one though. They actually played 5 Lovetown shows in Holland, 1 in Amsterdam and 4 in Rotterdam. Also, U2 played Holland for the first time in 1980. They didnt even play Italy until 1985. It was one of the last major countries they went to. U2 has many special places they play. But there is no way Italy is THE special country. The bands touring history simply doesnt support that. I'm sure the Italian fans are great, but they are no better than the Dutch fans or most other fans accross the globe.

I'm not saying we're special to them; I know they don't do favoritisms (althou... ugh, nevermind :reject: ), but I do think we're a very unique kind of crowd. not just to u2.
I think you cannot understand it unless you try it (and I suggest you do if you can afford to, in the future... a very mystic experience if the show is bigger enough, I can guarantee!! did you see the live8 in Rome? :D) ... but then again, you've got to be Italian to understand it fully. :D :D :D
it's just the way we are... hotheaded, immoderate, extremely appassionate about our object of love (in this case, U2 :wink: )
if I weren't Italian myself, I think I would get scared in such a mob and just run away ahah :lmao:
I just love these people... :hug:

...and after this bold declaration of love, I'd say... yeah, I will take whatever dvd they decide to shoot, anyway. so... who cares? :shrug: :wink:
*waves a white flag*

Last edited:
it's Milan >>> SanSiro!! :drool: :drool: :drool: best italian stadium EVER :love:
I don't know if they're filming at the moment, but it's pretty safe to say if they don't, then it won't be Amsterdam. and since the only multiple-dates show left is Milan... :reject: ok, I'll shut up.

sraphim said:
it's Milan >>> SanSiro!! :drool: :drool: :drool: best italian stadium EVER :love:
I don't know if they're filming at the moment, but it's pretty safe to say if they don't, then it won't be Amsterdam. and since the only multiple-dates show left is Milan... :reject: ok, I'll shut up.
I'm sure it will be Nou Camp in Barcelona, 100.000 people, biggest concert in Europe this leg. Just imagine it :drool:

OpperGoeroe said:

I'm sure it will be Nou Camp in Barcelona, 100.000 people, biggest concert in Europe this leg. Just imagine it :drool:

they need at least two consecutive dates in one city to make a dvd out of them.

and btw, I was wrong: I checked that out > SanSiro can actually hold 85700 people, and those are just the seats :ohmy:
plus GA places, I'd say we can make it to 100000.
in fact, they just verified the capacity of the stadium yesterday and announced they're going to sell out more tickets in the next few days.

I think the situation in Rome will be almost the same... number of seats > 82000

I don't know about the other countries, but 100000 ain't THAT peculiar... big stadiums can reach 100000 attendants very easily... at least in Italy. but take in mind that Italian people have made a religion out of soccer :wink:, and that's why we have so many big stadiums... :D

Last edited:
sraphim said:

and btw, I was wrong: I checked that out > SanSiro can actually hold 85700 people, and those are just the seats :ohmy:
in fact, they just verified the capacity of the stadium yesterday and announced they're going to sell out more tickets in the next few days.

I think the situation in Rome will be almost the same... number of seats > 82000

I don't know about other countries, but 100000 ain't THAT peculiar... big stadiums can reach 100000 attendants very easily.
I think Nou Camp can hold more people then San Siro to be honest... Though they are both beautiful stadium's of course....

And with 85700 you have about the total concert capacity as 1/4 of the seats are unused... You can't just take the number of seats and add the number of GA tickets... Nou Camp has a bigger capacity...

hmm right :wink: sorry must be the time :huh:

I don't think the dvd will be shot there though, for the reason above ^

btw, does someone know if they filmed the gig tonight? I heard they didn't...
and why the hell don't they change the damn setlist a bit more?!?! I demand 40 in Milan :madspit:
:wink:

sraphim said:
hmm right :wink: sorry must be the time :huh:

I don't think the dvd will be shot there though, for the reason above ^

btw, does someone know if they filmed the gig tonight? I heard they didn't...
and why the hell don't they change the damn setlist a bit more?!?! I demand 40 in Milan :madspit:
:wink:
I'm betting they'll play Bad, Mysterious Ways and 40 tomorrow :drool:

I'm counting on it... that way they will be forced to play them in Italy, too :wink:
someone on the u2place forum (Italian biggest U2 forum) said u2 didn't play bad tonight even though it was planned in the setlist... apparently someone sneaked a view of the setlist and noticed that :shrug:
I wonder why, though... :hmm: .... maybe they just wanna save it for tomorrow-err tonight? (it's the 16th here already :huh:)

Sooo.. No DVD shoot again in Amsterdam (though this must have been the weirdest U2 show I've ever seen... 2.5 hours of U2... When will that happen again...

Anways, Hamish was there so a DVD shoot will happen soon... Milan?

Probably. Now these concerts have been over in Amsterdam I can understand a bit why they want to shoot in Milan.
Yes, the Arena has a roof, but since it's a glass (or probably plastic) roof, it still is light inside the stadium until after 10 PM.
It'll probably be darker in Milan (later in the year, more to the east, etc.)

Neilz said:
Sooo.. No DVD shoot again in Amsterdam (though this must have been the weirdest U2 show I've ever seen... 2.5 hours of U2... When will that happen again...

Anways, Hamish was there so a DVD shoot will happen soon... Milan?

They played for over 2.5 hours at Dublin III, and also at Turino on Elevation. I think Dublin III still currently wins for longest U2 show.

No dvd shoot in amsterdam....what a shame...hope a bootleg dvd appears of the third night though (i will even buy it off ebay...)

so sraphim it seems like you are the ones that get the dvd (congrats :up: ) But ill always have amsterdam 3 (and 1 and 2 but 3 i will surely never forget :drool: )

well, I followed the setlist on-line yesterday night and WOW... I've got the chills, I swear!!! :ohmy: :hyper:
I can't even imagine what the show in SanSiro will be like now... I'm too excited... I'm leaving fro Milan tomorrow!!! :love:
so Hamish was there uh? ...good sign, then! :yes:
and yeah, in Milan it gets darker sooner than there, around 8:55/9:00 PM I think :shrug:
btw I will DEFINITELY get the bootleg from Amsterdam 3... Miss Sarajevo... Original full band... and 40.... I was drooling all over my keybord :drool:
I'm happy you got to see a show like that!! It was AWESOME!!! :up:

Last edited:
Im leaving tonight to go to france on a holiday. So sraphim I really hope you,ll have a great time in milan (im pretty sure you will :D ) and i will read all about it on the internet (that is if they have internet cafes in france :yes: )

:dance: :dancing: :wave:

sraphim said:

I don't know about the other countries, but 100000 ain't THAT peculiar... big stadiums can reach 100000 attendants very easily... at least in Italy. but take in mind that Italian people have made a religion out of soccer :wink:, and that's why we have so many big stadiums... :D

San Siro can hold 85,700 people and Camp Nou, 98,900.

But, this numbers are for soccer games, not for a concerts.

San Siro can hold around 80,000 in concerts but this tour, the stage will be in different position (ala Poland or Glasgow), so the attendance will be a bit lower: 55,000 to 65,000.

Camp Nou has soldout almost 90,000 tickets.

Vox

Vox02 said:

San Siro can hold 85,700 people and Camp Nou, 98,900.

But, this numbers are for soccer games, not for a concerts.

San Siro can hold around 80,000 in concerts but this tour, the stage will be in different position (ala Poland or Glasgow), so the attendance will be a bit lower: 55,000 to 65,000.

Camp Nou has soldout almost 90,000 tickets.

Vox

Why won't San Siro take more? There's room for a lot of people on the field?

I don't know... so far, I've heard about 80,000 tickets having been sold. what are your sources??
because, I mean, it was 80000 people in 2001 at Delle Alpi in Turin, and Delle Alpi is waayyyyy smaller than SanSiro... :scratch:
besides that, you don't REALLY wanna know how things go here in Italy:crazy:... between people sneaking in without tickets, and people getting in with FAKE tickets, I think the stadium will just COLLAPSE for overly attendance :ohmy:... like it happened with the Flaminio stadium in Rome during ZooTV, when afterwards they discovered there had been like 30000 excess people in the GA :lmao: :wink: even though, after the London attacks, I think this time security will pay much more attention... I hope :|

Last edited:
sraphim said:
I don't know... so far, I've heard about 80,000 tickets having been sold. what are your sources??
because, I mean, it was 80000 people in 2001 at Delle Alpi in Turin, and Delle Alpi is waayyyyy smaller than SanSiro... :scratch:
besides that, you don't REALLY wanna know how things go here in Italy:crazy:... between people sneaking in without tickets, and people getting in with FAKE tickets, I think the stadium will just COLLAPSE for overly attendance :ohmy:... like it happened with the Flaminio stadium in Rome during ZooTV, when afterwards they discovered there had been like 30000 excess people in the GA :lmao: :wink:

:lmao: Well the world is a different place today....I hope security has improved since then.....but I do think San Siro can hold more than 55.000-65.000.... all the people that can't be behind the stage should be able to be on the field...or what?

U2Man said:

:lmao: Well the world is a different place today....I hope security has improved since then.....but I do think San Siro can hold more than 55.000-65.000.... all the people that can't be behind the stage should be able to be on the field...or what?
Well It's not just one long side that is unused in this strange layout... Also a section on each short side will be unused...

Neilz said:

Well It's not just one long side that is unused in this strange layout... Also a section on each short side will be unused...

Don't tell me they're placing the stage on a long side ????? Why?

U2Man said:

Don't tell me they're placing the stage on a long side ????? Why?
The only reason I can think of, if to make the distance to the backseats smaller...

Neilz said:

The only reason I can think of, if to make the distance to the backseats smaller...

But half the stadium will be empty....that won't make a good DVD! Especially not in daylight :shame:

to make the distance to the backseats smaller...

yeah, I think so... because SanSiro (contrary to the Olympic stadium in Rome) doesn't have an athletic race track around the playing field...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom