MERGED-->ALL Rumored 4th leg of the tour DISCUSSION

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Roland of Gilead said:
This, by definition, is a diehard U2 fan. Pleased to meet you. :wave:

Are you carrying u2 stuff all the time? :wink:

I personally know Halup and he's a great guy.

He only carries that stuff when he thinks that there may be a chance for a signature and he was right.

He's a cool guy and he's usually right when it comes to hypothesizing next tour dates and extra shows added.

You won't meet a nicer guy and plus he's super tall.

:wink: :wink:

pepokiss said:

that's the same thing I thought when I read that ...

:sad:

I went in with the approach that the 4th leg is a done deal and Paul M confirmed that a 4th leg is true. Both Paul and Edge were being friendly towards me and while I am just assuming, I believe that if U2 were not playing in Brasil, I would have got a response from them saying "well we are not going to play there" or "well, the 4th leg is not finalized yet". Both of them could tell I was a huge fan.

I doubt that any other U2 fan in attendance saw and then approached, while I did see a few others approach Edge. When Edge saw me asking him to sign Another Day, he knew I was a major fan, so I'm sure they would have corrected me if I was saying something incorrect.

that's cool...

but... why didn't you asked them "will there be a 4th leg?"

that way, there's no chance for errors... or wrist-cutting, like I'm doing right now with all this MADNESS!!! :crazy:

great work, though :hug:

Skjuls, thanks for the kind words. Is Edge Karate going to be using that other 12/4 GA? When I talked to him recently, I did not mention our trade, because I was not sure if you were letting him use the second ticket.

The answer is yes, when it is a show where I supsect a lot of fellow musicians may attend and the venue itself is accessible, I do bring items. I brought Rolling Stones items to the second night at Staples, knowing it was an off night for the Stones and that they would be in LA that day.

Living in LA, you always run into celebs at shows, so I come prepared by throwing various items into a bag. I guessed correctly last night also by throwing in a Fleetwood Mac album and running into Mick Fleetwood outside. He signed it for me.

I was also prepared for Paul McCartney, who as I guessed did attend the show, but he was driven into the aunderground entrance and there was no way I could get anywhere close to him.

Sometimes these things pay off and other times they don't but it doesn't hurt to carry a few items around.

pepokiss said:
that's cool...

but... why didn't you asked them "will there be a 4th leg?"

that way, there's no chance for errors... or wrist-cutting, like I'm doing right now with all this MADNESS!!! :crazy:

great work, though :hug:

It was just a matter of approach. I've always felt there would be a 4th leg to this tour, based on the fact that Australia and Japan were always planned for this tour and after the tour was rearranged, Bono told people at Staples Center that those shows would happen in early 2006. Bono also told my girlfriend outside the dress rehearsal in March that they would play Brasil on this tour and that it was just a matter of getting the negotiations settled. Also Paul McGuiness told fans at Staples last week that the 4th leg was happening.

The fact is, that Paul confirmed to me that the 4th leg will be announced within the next couple weeks, so to me that is as offical as can be until the U2.com announcement happens.

When I was talking to Edge, a woman with him told me to look to U2.com for the 4th leg, so that backs it up.

Today the news in Brasil is reporting that the contracts are finalized and that the dates of Feb. 21-22 are being used for there.

So the rumours so far are?

21 February 2006 - Brazil
22 February 2006 - Brazil
2 March 2006 - Mexico City Foro Sol
16 March 2006 - Auckland Western Springs
17 March 2006 - Auckland Western Springs
24 March 2006 - Melbourne Telstra Dome
25 March 2006 - Melbourne Telstra Dome

Halup said:
Skjuls, thanks for the kind words. Is Edge Karate going to be using that other 12/4 GA? When I talked to him recently, I did not mention our trade, because I was not sure if you were letting him use the second ticket.

T

No, he has a seat. Plus, if he really wanted GA he could get it. He has an amazing ability to get gA on command!!!

He knew we were trading so I could go to the show on Dec 4 instead of Dec 5.

Edge K also knew I was trading with Super_Fan so I could get my Philly GA.

All is good!! No worries

Shag On A Rock said:

if that's how it's gonna be.. :scream: :sad:

nowe, between the 22 and the 2nd, or between the 2nd and the 16th, maybe that's OUR TIME :hyper:

it better be *shakesangryfist*

what the Argentinian site says is that, as Brazil has practically confirmed that U2'll be there in February 21 and 22, higher posibilities has Argentina to have U2 again playing in their country

AS how it happens with Brazil, the Argentinian producer that brings the Rolling Stonmes to Argentina is dealing with U2, and tomorrow he flies to meet the band and end the discussions.

HOW COME NOT A SINGLE THING LIKE THIS HAS APPEARED IN ANY CHILEAN NEWS PAPER? :rant: :angry: :sad:

Last edited:
Last edited:
Shag On A Rock said:

I don't think Brazil will be February 21 AND 22. Unless they travel with identical stadium sets, there's no way they can move the entire stage to another stadium across Brazil in less than 20 hours.

lukea said:

I don't think Brazil will be February 21 AND 22. Unless they travel with identical stadium sets, there's no way they can move the entire stage to another stadium across Brazil in less than 20 hours.

Two nights at one stadium?

They did that on Popmart.

lukea said:

Sao Paulo will supposedly get 2 shows and Rio 1 show, so it would seem the Feb 21-22 dates would be the Sao Paulo dates.

The Stones are currently set to play their show on Copacabana Beach in Rio on Feb 18, so there's no way U2 would play in Rio on that date. They could use the 19th or 24th though.

lukea said:

Actually, Rush did just that in 2002 on the Vapor Trails tour. Sao Paulo and Rio in 2 consecutive nights. They had a lot of difficulty with it, but did pull it off, albeit with a simpler stage.

Last edited:
Blue Room said:
But is there really a demand or clammoring by fans for U2 in other areas of Africa besides South Africa? I dont think there is.

I'd like to see them play in Nairobi, but thats just me... :reject:

Last edited:
lukea said:

They also carry two shells of the stage.. they start setting the other one as they set up the next etc.
Then all they need to do is get the AV and Video transported..
They have been doing that since ZOO TV at least

PS: They better give Australian U2.com members preference when selling 'Australian' tickets.. or I am gonna be fucking pissed.

North America 2006

More rumors(u2tours.com) coming out about a possible tour next summer. The latest is coming out of Montreal.

Granted I will be in Europe next summer so I am mad- but this would really be alienating their European fans if N.A. gets three legs on this tour.

I agree - they can't play more dates in NA - surely everyone who wants to see them now has done so - at least 3/4 times this tour if this website and U2 Tour is anything to go by!

I do want them to come back to Europe as I know so many people who did not see them - mainly cause they refused to pay over the top prices on Ebay - I have been broke all summer but it was worth it!

Lisa

lisa2004 said:
I agree - they can't play more dates in NA - surely everyone who wants to see them now has done so - at least 3/4 times this tour if this website and U2 Tour is anything to go by!
Then why aren't tickets for the remaining 3rd Leg shows a lot cheaper and easier to get?

Back
Top Bottom