Memphis International Airport Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From yourtv.com.au:

The Simpsons
New episodes of this crowd-pleasing favourite are a rare treat after two decades of tedious repeats.

NO. WRONG. New episodes are a rare horror after two decades of brilliant repeats of the glory days!

I shall! It's going to be 44, but with a cool change in the afternoon, so hopefully it'll be cool enough to head over there in the early evening. Care to provide a list of Bonnaios Day-approved beers for me to investigate?

Oh, I don't know. You probably don't want a typical lager or something? See if you can find a kriek, which is a cherry beer - read the descriptions of some of the Belgian-style ales there, you might find something up your alley.

Oh, I don't know. You probably don't want a typical lager or something? See if you can find a kriek, which is a cherry beer - read the descriptions of some of the Belgian-style ales there, you might find something up your alley.

See, I don't know if I really want to browse. I'd like to walk in and just say "do you have [this] or [that]" and be done with it, you know?

In any case, I've certainly preferred Guinness and Kilkenny to Cooper's and Heineken.

I've actually tried cherry beer before! Mum's partner Alan loves it. It's not bad.

OK, Bonnaios, shall we show these people how finishing a thread is done?

Let's hop aboard the POST TRAIN.

s640x480

Also, I just keep looking at that picture, just because it's SO MUCH BETTER than what I was getting with my old camera. And I love the classic VR blue and gold livery. And the WTFy bag sitting on the bench at right. Or is that a person lying down? I can't really tell. Maybe I should enlarge my original.

See, I don't know if I really want to browse. I'd like to walk in and just say "do you have [this] or [that]" and be done with it, you know?

In any case, I've certainly preferred Guinness and Kilkenny to Cooper's and Heineken.

I've actually tried cherry beer before! Mum's partner Alan loves it. It's not bad.

Oh, I see - personally I'd go for a bit of browsing, depends on how much time you have, or how big the place is. If you like Guinness and Kilkenny, check out some other stuff from the Isles like Wessex, London Pride, Tetley's and Boddington. All very nice.

Also, I seem to remember there being a very good boutique beer/wine place on Lygon St. Not too far away from the Border's, but on the other side of the road, on the corner. I think they also sold some gourmet pasta products there, for you to get your gnocchi napolitana on with.

Oh, I see - personally I'd go for a bit of browsing, depends on how much time you have, or how big the place is. If you like Guinness and Kilkenny, check out some other stuff from the Isles like Wessex, London Pride, Tetley's and Boddington. All very nice.

Also, I seem to remember there being a very good boutique beer/wine place on Lygon St. Not too far away from the Border's, but on the other side of the road, on the corner. I think they also sold some gourmet pasta products there, for you to get your gnocchi napolitana on with.

I feel awkward when I'm not in the wine section, heh. But we'll see how I go! :up:

Ooh, I think I've seen the place you mean. I normally try to get through Lygon St as quickly as possible though, so I don't tend to stop at anything.

Got to see what that Borders is like.

Shit I wasted precious posting time responding to somebody's query on EYKIW. God Ax don't be helpful when you have a thread to kill!

Train to Seymour. What kind of a town name is Seymour anyway? Shame there isn't a nearby geographical feature called the Seymour Butte. It'd be an ideal Superthread location if it existed!

s640x480

I feel awkward when I'm not in the wine section, heh. But we'll see how I go! :up:

Ooh, I think I've seen the place you mean. I normally try to get through Lygon St as quickly as possible though, so I don't tend to stop at anything.

Got to see what that Borders is like.

You should see me in the wine sections! I have no idea what the hell is going on. At least beer sections are small, since most of it is stocked out back.

It's a really good place. Pretty small, too. There were a lot of beers there that I hadn't tried - sadly I only discovered it with a day left in Melbourne, so I only bought one beer.

I truthfully think that the Adelaide Borders is better overall - much larger, at least. The Melbourne one was good too, though.

You should see me in the wine sections! I have no idea what the hell is going on. At least beer sections are small, since most of it is stocked out back.

It's a really good place. Pretty small, too. There were a lot of beers there that I hadn't tried - sadly I only discovered it with a day left in Melbourne, so I only bought one beer.

I truthfully think that the Adelaide Borders is better overall - much larger, at least. The Melbourne one was good too, though.

Oh, really? I wasn't aware of that. I just feel awkward because I think this is not where I should be and people like me should be looking at pompous wines and silly things like that.

Hopefully I'll be able to duck in next time I'm on Lygon St. Though who knows when that will be! I just hate all the people outside the restaurants hassling you.

I'm told there's a huge fucking Borders somewhere, Chadstone or something. Ali would know. Aussie bookstores are in general a bit weak though. I was impressed by how big they are in the US, a country not known for its literacy!

WE GOTTA KILL THIS FECKIN' THING

KICK IT TO THE CURB!

I guess I'll see if I've got anything awesome on Photobucket or something.

i.e.
CMRJ.png

Good lord I didn't know I could imagine so many other words before realising the first word is "Roman".

Oh, really? I wasn't aware of that. I just feel awkward because I think this is not where I should be and people like me should be looking at pompous wines and silly things like that.

Hopefully I'll be able to duck in next time I'm on Lygon St. Though who knows when that will be! I just hate all the people outside the restaurants hassling you.

I'm told there's a huge fucking Borders somewhere, Chadstone or something. Ali would know. Aussie bookstores are in general a bit weak though. I was impressed by how big they are in the US, a country not known for its literacy!

Seriously, I don't think looking at imported boutique ales will make you any less of a snob. So don't worry! They tend to be outside of the vicinity of bogan beers, and bogans in general. Bogans don't appreciate beer that tastes good.

Ah, those hawkers... god bless 'em. Personally, I rather liked some of the ones I saw. They amused me, at least. Plus they offer you free wine.

Oh, of course there would be another Border's in Melbourne... damn, I was hoping Adelaide had a one-up on Melbourne for a minute, there. :lol: Now, English bookstores are apparently mindblowing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom