Meaning of ZooTV dvd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vox1254

The Fly
Like everyone else, I've been waiting a long time for the ZooTV DVD. Then I had a random thought that might make sense. After the "failure" of Pop, U2 released their first Greatest Hits back in 1998. A greatest hits that had the "old U2 sound". I still believe that not only did U2 do this for people to forget about that "let down" that Pop was, but also for listeners to be prepared for the next album to go back to the old sound.

Do you think U2 is releasing this dvd now, because they might be into experimenting a little? What do you all think? I kinda hope so.

Hmm, I don't believe that u2 did it for fans to be prepared for the next album. I think it was just because they made the deal in 1998 to release 3 best of cd's.

I believe your other argument that they released it right after u2 and the big bosses knew that pop was IN TERMS OF SALES a failure.

I don't think the release from the zoo tv dvd has anything to do with u2's experimentation for the next album.

I doubt it. however maybe when they listened to the old songs whilst compiling the greatest hits they thought, "hey, these old tunes were great, lets try and write like this again". Or something like that:)
Maybe they will think the same with ZooTV, oh please God I hope so!!!

U2 seems to have fallen back in love with ZooTV/Achtung Baby. Nearly 7 songs were played from AB on the last tour, they had a ZooTV encore, and now there releasing a DVD. Maybe????

IMO releases aren't influenced bij bands anymore. It's all about the money.

Sure U2 can use their veto, but I think the decision of releasing a DVD is pure business.

And let's face it. Releasing ZOOTV on DVD is the most logical choice.

I don't think it's U2 trying to give us some kind of secret code that they're experimenting again, I think they just wanted to release one of their best concerts on DVD :huh:

it's a nice thought though :wink:

I'm sure when U2 will experiment again - or not - they will just say so and not throw hints with compilations and DVDs.

POP a failure?

Maybe in terms of sales (especially in america) but musicly its a very strong album.

The POPmart tour ending it perfectly, maybe their best tour ever.

They released ZOO TV because of the ZOO TV esque encore, not to mention nearly 6 songs from Achtung Baby performed on this tour.

They're releasing ZOO TV in order for the chosen one to figure out the clues hidden within the performance that will show the way to a buried cryptex which holds the original lyrics to the October album, which will be rerecorded once the chosen one finds it.

theu2fly said:
They released ZOO TV because of the ZOO TV esque encore, not to mention nearly 6 songs from Achtung Baby performed on this tour.

Or because fans have been asking for it, or because they think it will sell well.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
They're releasing ZOO TV in order for the chosen one to figure out the clues hidden within the performance that will show the way to a buried cryptex which holds the original lyrics to the October album, which will be rerecorded once the chosen one finds it.

I thought Pop was going to be re-recorded? Poptober, maybe?

Axver said:

I thought Pop was going to be re-recorded? Poptober, maybe?

No thanks my friend !!!!!!!!!!:ohmy: after the unforgivable "New Mixes" of Best (?) of 1990-2000 the last thing I want is more of that grisly s***

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Bono is the Holy Grail.

The sound on the video is absolutely f*cked. They've been working for ages to get it up to DVD standard. I imagine they would have released it way earlier if they could have.

It was the putting together of the 80's Best Of that made them talk themselves in returning somewhat to that sound. Hopefully a bit of time spent around working on the ZooTV DVD ignites a few lightbulbs upstairs as well. "Heeeeey, we used to be quite creative!"

Ive always thought that the Best Of 80's was the gateway back to the 'old U2 sound of the previous two albums as well. As was said, "getting people ready for it..."

Lets hope working on the Zoo TV DVD does stir up creative juices in them and we get a newer, fresh sound. I couldn't stand another HTDAAB!

Haven't you guys read the bible according to Zoo TV titled "Everything you Know is Wrong"?

First Passage in Macphisto 1:11

In The Begining Macphsito created the heavens and the earth

The answer to the DVD is in Mirrorball Man 3:12

umm what?

anyways...i DOUBT Pop would be re-recorded, that is highly unlikely to happen

though the POPMart DVD would be nice

Now obviously, if we're looking for clues as to which direction the band will go in next, we need only look at Bono's new haircut. Edge has also been seen recently wearing a cowboy hat....

Earnie Shavers said:

It was the putting together of the 80's Best Of that made them talk themselves in returning somewhat to that sound.

I thought it was Edge coming back to sounding like himself during sessions for ATYCLB.

Back
Top Bottom