May, 29, 2011 Canad Inns Stadium - Winnipeg, MB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is mine from RZ2 in Vegas. Edge does come over once or twice.

DSCF0983.jpg

:D

I have his side in Edmonton so I'm not too upset... I'm going to see if someone wants to trade the day of or try to blag my way in and hope it goes well. However, I won't be upset at all if I can't... I still can't believe I've even been lucky enough to have that extra show added so close to me after the major nightmare that my travel plans turned into after 2009's postponement, so I'm still a very happy camper no matter what :)

There is a way around this. I know people from the U.S. did it for Euro shows--not that it matters now.

Are you going regardless?

Not sure - depends on what my better half says :D I was on the phone well before the auction ended with TM.ca reps and they put me on hold and said there wasn't anything they could do. I do remember some talk of people getting around it, but on the billing page there was no way to change the billing country from anything but 'Canada', and no way to change from the provinces in the dropdown. I even tried creating another account on TM.ca, but no luck there either. I'd be surprised(and impressed) if anyone got around it for this one - $90 is a STEAL.

Not sure - depends on what my better half says :D I was on the phone well before the auction ended with TM.ca reps and they put me on hold and said there wasn't anything they could do. I do remember some talk of people getting around it, but on the billing page there was no way to change the billing country from anything but 'Canada', and no way to change from the provinces in the dropdown. I even tried creating another account on TM.ca, but no luck there either. I'd be surprised(and impressed) if anyone got around it for this one - $90 is a STEAL.

Fair enough, but I can't "get around" it to bid on the American shows either, and if I did, that would kind of suck of me.

I guess the way to "get around" it is to have a good friend from the other country to go to the show with. :heart::up:

Oh, thank goodness for Red Zone! I'll only have to line up obscenely early :D

I'm going to check out if the local Irish pub has a jukebox this weekend ;)

So I got a phone call letting me kow that on my Visa statement, the tickets would appear as Blue Bomber tickets. As nice as it is for them to let me know, I must admit my heart skipped a beat or 10 when the recording started.:crack:

So I got a phone call letting me kow that on my Visa statement, the tickets would appear as Blue Bomber tickets. As nice as it is for them to let me know, I must admit my heart skipped a beat or 10 when the recording started.:crack:

I felt the same thing!

I did too! I was like, "OH GOOD GOD DID BONO BREAK HIS LEG OR SOMETHING!? :huh:"

Got my ticket. So awesome to actually have a U2 ticket with my birthday on it.

This makes me think that the GA line might not be so bad! Fingers crossed!:wink:

This makes me think that the GA line might not be so bad! Fingers crossed!:wink:

I'm assuming that it means the GA line will be far larger than usual.

The average US football field is 6396 square yards (including endzones), plus whatever is outside the sidelines. The average Canadian football field is 9750 square yards (plus everything past the sidelines).

Considering how much room there is on the sidelines in Winnipeg vs a stadium like Vanderbilt (where the stands are right on top of the field), you could be looking at a situation where U2 will sell twice the number of GA tickets in Winnipeg than what they did at Vanderbilt. Seriously.

Fine, burst my bubble!:wink:

The Winnipeg audience is very different. It will be interesting to see what happens!

Is it wrong that I'm looking forward to this show far more than the upcoming ones in Sydney?

Yes I'm going on a vacation but this is bloody U2 in WINNIPEG! :hyper:

How long is the drive for you Kramwest? I am looking at 8 hours for myself!:huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom